Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In need of your kind help and idea to start my own Limo service

January has been great for us so far,
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.

If you think $20,000 yr sounds too high, don't startup with a stretch in northern New Jersey. If you 're lucky enough to find a ins. carrier to write you, your lookin' at $7- $10k right there. Estimated yearly cost per unit around $25,000. Fleets get heavy discounts and us little guys pick up the tab for it, Tough sh*t on us, huh! ...I'm out and I'm staying out.
    "Kickin' Bridezilla's Ass"...One Bitch at a Time!

I wish my overhead was only 20k per year per car. If it was I would be carrying money in a wheelbarrow to the bank.

Blog Entries

Cool $20K overhead

Quote Originally Posted by J.Scott View Post
    Dumbass response. Mindless in fact.

$20K per year overhead per car? What the hell kind of operation did you get shafted into? God bless..cut your losses and pick up a shift at McDonalds...but it's a bad economy; people aren't buying Chicken McNuggets like they were in 04'...so you might just want to crawl into a cave and hide for a few years.

Negative Nancy shall be your new username.

Wish this new guy some luck..he is asking for help. Not some
    Lane ass response about the economy....you watch too
    Much TV.
    Welcome to South Florida I will brak it down for uou: Car payment: $800 monthly. Insurance $250 monthly, Fuell: $400 monthl;y Sun Pass: $50monthly, Wear & Tear :$100 monthly Car Wash$100 monthly (cannot wash it myself Condo rules)$15.600 plus Airport renewals(2 airports) 150 annualy plus Miami Dade County permit renewal $650 annualy =$16.400 plus $3800 left for maintanance or breakdowns etcThis is for one vehicle owner operaror without any chauffeur pay or advertising

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Welcome to South Florida I will brak it down for uou: Car payment: $800 monthly. Insurance $250 monthly, Fuell: $400 monthl;y Sun Pass: $50monthly, Wear & Tear :$100 monthly Car Wash$100 monthly (cannot wash it myself Condo rules)$15.600 plus Airport renewals(2 airports) 150 annualy plus Miami Dade County permit renewal $650 annualy =$16.400 plus $3800 left for maintanance or breakdowns etcThis is for one vehicle owner operaror without any chauffeur pay or advertising
    I pay chauffeurs, I would be lucky to only have $20k a year per vehicle in expenses. There's always room to make a profit though, it's just a numbers game. If there isn't room for profit you get your expenses down.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    What about all the other costs of doing business? Professional fees, taxes, telephone, advertising, marketing, postage, office supplies, etc.. Those expenses have to be paid also and should be averaged per car, afterall this is what brings in the income.

Wade,
    You beat me to it. Yeah, it's all the "other" fees that tend to add up and hit you from all sides.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

My business paid 15k in permit and excise taxes to the state last year alone.

Blog Entries

I would start off with one sedan and then maybe add a second car or look for a sub for the overflow.