Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to stick with caddies

Default I'm going to stick with caddies

cadillac deville bought it with 80k miles and still running like new with $258 miles , reason I'm selling just got some extra cash and decided to upgrade. the only major problem I had with this car it was that at one time I had to cure all oil leak issue at one time taking the engine out and and while it was out, motors mounts were changed and spark plugs. The interior is more stronger than the lincoln which few things inside fall apart in all of them with the time. I know more people in the industry prefer the lincoln but this car has really proven to me that is the best
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm going to try ford/lincoln suvs next time. Escalades are too much to maintain. Maybe its because its the 1st gen of the esv I don't know.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

I love caddys...to sit in my drive way.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Scott View Post
    I love caddys...to sit in my drive way.
    Driveway is the olny place I can keep mine, as I don't have any jumper cables to get it going. The thing I really like about having a Cadillac is the surprise of which warning light will come on today.

If you drive the caddy yourself it may last you that mileage you mentioned. If you let your drivers drive it - good luck lasting that long with out breaking down. Caddys are more expensive to maintain than TWs.

Blog Entries

Cadillac = 80k mile car.

They ride rough, cost a lot to fix, are complicated to work on and at around 80k miles are ready to hit the bad side of town.

Lincoln Town Car = 300k mile car

They ride nice, easy and cheap to fix and last forever.
    Last edited by Digger; January 6th, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

Digger said it best!
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com
    www.corpuschristipartybus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    If you drive the caddy yourself it may last you that mileage you mentioned. If you let your drivers drive it - good luck lasting that long with out breaking down. Caddys are more expensive to maintain than TWs.
    My car was driven by other drivers too ,not on a daily basis but quiet often, I know other fellas in the business that once in a while their towncar hit the shop, So I don't know if I have being xtremely lucky or you guys didn't have luck, The proof is there, also I still get compliments from costumers, even one asked me the other day if it was a new car when I showed up at this driveway. Oh I forgot to mention, when I bought the car it had the engine light on, always till today, back then it was only one code, now they are like 7 lol but no problems and I still get 19mpg on city and 20 on highway almost like factory. I'd like to keep it and push it over 300k miles just to show it to everybody but just got some cash and wanted to upgrade. Caddys are expensive but the very few parts that I bought got em all cheap through ebay or just online, never , never visited the dealer which is to me a big accomplishment
    Last edited by tampalimo; January 6th, 2011 at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Keep it to 300k, Cadillac might buy it back from you like VW did when that Bug hit 1 million miles.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

I have said it before and I'll say it again Caddys are junk. This is from a techs point of view. Common problems at low mileage.
    Bolts break off in cylinder head and cause coolant leak. water pump leaks, plastic intake leaks at intake boot causing idle problem. I love this one if you need a starter it is under the intake manifold of the engine. Ya no fast starter swaps for this rolling piece of crap. At about 70k miles expect to have oil leaks that cant be fixed unless you remove the engine or transmission to re seal the 2 piece oil pan. The list goes on and on.
    The only thing I like about caddys is when I see one pull in my shop I know I am gonna make some money.

Jared don't you have 3 caddys. Isn't the stretch your money maker.

Knock on wood my trucks are solid work horses.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

I love my 07 DTS, and so do my clients and friends. It looks better, drives better, and is more comfortable than an LTC, but you guys are scaring me about the maintainance problems. Mine is still under the extended warranty, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tampalimo View Post
    Oh I forgot to mention, when I bought the car it had the engine light on, always till today, back then it was only one code, now they are like 7 lol but no problems and
    This has to be my favorite post of the month. Kudos to you for being honest.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    I love my 07 DTS, and so do my clients and friends. It looks better, drives better, and is more comfortable than an LTC, but you guys are scaring me about the maintainance problems. Mine is still under the extended warranty, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
    How many miles?

I have heard of funeral homes having to send their Caddys in for warranty work starting at about 25k miles.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    I have said it before and I'll say it again Caddys are junk. This is from a techs point of view. Common problems at low mileage.
    Bolts break off in cylinder head and cause coolant leak. water pump leaks, plastic intake leaks at intake boot causing idle problem. I love this one if you need a starter it is under the intake manifold of the engine. Ya no fast starter swaps for this rolling piece of crap. At about 70k miles expect to have oil leaks that cant be fixed unless you remove the engine or transmission to re seal the 2 piece oil pan. The list goes on and on.
    The only thing I like about caddys is when I see one pull in my shop I know I am gonna make some money.
    What year caddies those problems come from?? mine is 03 and I didn't have neither one of those problem, the only one like I said was to replace all seals in the engine to cure oil leak,,, car at 258k miles still run on original radiator, first car in my life I haven't replaced a radiator