Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 99 ltc rear heat not overlly warm

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

It shouldn't be any harder to get at than the other box. The driver seat is pretty easy to remove if needed.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

well rich,i located it behind seat as u thought. lines get warm only ran for 20 minutes but were warm. so i take it the coolant is going through, what are your thoughts on another heater and hook to other vents for winter months then switch back. im in canada so we get damn cold eh!!! if was to get another heater is there one u would recomend.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddo View Post
    i have a 1999 lincoln towncar from krystal and have noticed that the rear heat is basically one speed and the temp doesnt seem to get that hot. the heat in front drivers area is hot. back is warm . kinda the same in summer with air conditioning. cold in front and cool in back . any ideas on how to correct issue
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddo View Post
    well rich,i located it behind seat as u thought. lines get warm only ran for 20 minutes but were warm. so i take it the coolant is going through, what are your thoughts on another heater and hook to other vents for winter months then switch back. im in canada so we get damn cold eh!!! if was to get another heater is there one u would recomend.
    Well, I can tell you that our '00 LTC stretched by Krystal does not blow super hard but it does have 3 speeds and if left to warm up, it does get warm in the back even in these Chicago winters. It is not as good as the front, but we have never had a complaint. One more thing to check is to make sure the duct hoses are connected properly (our Chrysler had one duct spliced in half for some reason and taped back together, after awhile the tape failed - we have since fixed it right). One thing that still bothers me is that you say that is basically has "one speed". Do you only have one speed? Is your blower bad?

You can contact MastrAir @ 866-684-7100. They are located in Elkhart, IN and are MTG's manufacturer of their H/AC parts (see http://www.mtgparts.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=MAST). I would let your car run for 30 minutes and put a thermometer (one of those long stemmed ones you can buy at the auto parts store) in the duct where the air comes OUT at the back so that when you call you can tell them what temp it is blowing at (and record the outside temp also). Sometimes it is hard to diagnose without really being there, but this should get you on the right track. MastrAir's people are really helpful and nice. Good Luck and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!
    Rich Rottier

ya i do get heat back there just not alot of it, and when only blowing through some vents it gets cooler in certain spots, it will frost up,windows with ice on them . that seems to cool for me. i do have more than one speed ,my apology,my medium is almost faster than high though. its just frustrating. we need heat . does your car frost up on inside when full ,maybe i should blow this car out and my new lol . do yours only blow through a few vents ,seems like krystals standard. i thought if had the blower power to hook all vents together for even heat

Blog Entries

The rear windows frost up on all limousines, something we all have to deal with.

Yes, both of our stretches frost up the windows in the back. This is because there is moisture in the heated air. When you turn your defrost cycle on in the front, it actually turns on the A/C compressor. This sucks the moisture out of the blowing air. Also, most stretches do not have any vents blowing on the glass. If it is not directly blowing on the glass it probably will not defrost the glass (most newer cars even have a little angled vent on the sides of the dashboard blowing directly on the side windows when the defrost cycle is on). You have some good ideas - I would contact MastrAir to see if they have any suggestions.
    Rich Rottier