Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 99 ltc rear heat not overlly warm

Default 99 ltc rear heat not overlly warm

i have a 1999 lincoln towncar from krystal and have noticed that the rear heat is basically one speed and the temp doesnt seem to get that hot. the heat in front drivers area is hot. back is warm . kinda the same in summer with air conditioning. cold in front and cool in back . any ideas on how to correct issue

Blog Entries

9 times out of 10 it's the Check Valve located under the hood...MTG sells them last I checked they were about $16.00 and allways good to have a couple of these on hand, Last time I bought about 4 of them. It is a little round metal valve with 2 vaccume lines coming out of the top plastic. usually located passenger side on the fire wall or fender....If it's not that check your heater hoses to see if they are getting hot. I actually had a Summer & Winter shut off valve connected right to one of the 5/8 heater hose that runs into the firewall.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

When you say that it is "basically one speed" - is it only working at one speed? If so, this would explain why the A/C is not working as well either. Is the air coming out of the vents hot and you are just not getting good CFM? If the blower(s) are only working at one speed the blower(s) are probably bad. Check the wires to make sure you do not have a bad connection first.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

I once had a TC that didnt get hot when the heat was on. I found that the heater core was plugged, I took the lines off and flushed it backwards with a water hose while still installed in the car and go lots of mud and then the heat worked.

Default ltc not hot

hey guys thannks for the tips, ya the front of the car the heat is hot u have to turn the heat down but as for the rear it only luke warm. i was just curious to see if there was something that i was missing or a extra heater for the rear that may be shot, but now realize its one heater. the fan has two speeds one is just low. i will try the little valave under hood to see if that . i would think if heater core was plugged the front of car would be cold to .Am i correct by saying that ??? sorta the same for summer the ac is cold up front but not very cold in rear compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddo View Post
    i would think if heater core was plugged the front of car would be cold to .Am i correct by saying that ???

I agree, I think some of my limos have rear heater cores

Quote Originally Posted by chaddo View Post
    i would think if heater core was plugged the front of car would be cold to .Am i correct by saying that ???
    I agree, I think mine had a rear heater core.

I must really agree, as I have agreed twice. Sorry, I thought the first didn't take.

Blog Entries

Follow the heater hoses. They should split with a diaphram type valve directing the water flow to the back heater usually located behind the front seats under the divider. This unit should also contain your A.C. evaporator and a large squrirrel cage blower with several small black hoses running off of it. If this unit is not warm then you are not getting hot water to it. Most likely it is the valve under the hood. I think there was something on here a while back that some Limos from the south do not have heater cores in the back.

Krystal used to put the valve behind the drivers curtain on the passenger side sometimes.

Default 99 ltc

hey do u have a pic of these valves . i looked on mtg and not sure yet what vavle.

Blog Entries

AC 8024 is the valve and AC 8025 is the control switch. The control switch receives electrical signal from the control and applys vacuum to the valve to control the flow of collant to the rear heater.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

This is what most of them use for a valve on the heater core hoses. Both of my stretches have the valve under the hood. It is off of a '62 Continental I believe. There is only one year that they had these on them - I believe it was the '62. The auto parts stores will have it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Default check valve pic

[BThis is the valve you are looking for....Trust me this is most likely your troubleB]
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

The Check Valve should have a rubber vacuum hose if it is not connected or leaking you will have no rear heat we had this problem once before on a 2000 Model Krystal Coach Limousine . Also when in heat mode on some Krystal Models heat will only blow from one blower ( Only Ac will allow both to Blow ) and most will blow heat only from the bottom vents in the rear compartment.

Best Regards
    Eric Bennett
    www.lettslimo.com