Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limos.com leads

Default Limos.com leads

I have been a limos.com customer a long time. I have noticed since they have changed owners and removed the ip address from there leads the leads are less affective. We have also noticed that most leads when they do have phone numbers the people arenot even interested in booking. Since they have partnered with theseother places like RoundTable we have been getting more leads that are no good.

Is Limosdotcom a good way to go? I hadn't used them for over 5 years till 2 weeks ago and all I seem to get is lots of emails and no bookings. I feel it promotes price undercutting and causes me to compete with myself in online marketing. I now have found myself offering prices there that are so low, I don't want to do the job. I will raise my prices or quit LDC next week. I have lowered the prices and answer all emails, so that it's not my "fault" that I am not making any sales from LDC.
    Last edited by RoyalFleet; February 27th, 2011 at 08:41 PM.

Default Follow Up

Hey Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. Looking at your account, we have a number of tips we can offer. I'll have your affiliate manager call you tomorrow.

Doug

LDC leads must be worked - like any other leads. With the excepion of "one-click" rides, you are not the only one receiving the lead in most markets. Here is my advice for LDC leads:

The moment you receive the lead - START WORKING IT! Remember, the early bird gets the worm! Don't expect that just because they received your rates from LDC that you work is done. You still need to sell your own company based on the job at hand.

You can respond by phone or by e-mail. If they have their phone number in the lead - CALL THEM! Ask if they received the quote from LDC (of course the have) and ask them if they have any questions about the quote or your service and take this time to SELL your service and ASK FOR THE ORDER.

If the phone number is not on the lead, you can respond and even though you don't see their e-mail address, you can reply and the response will be routed through LDC and back to the potential client. Have a form letter ready to go for various occassions such as weddings, airport trips etc. and tell them why you are the best company to use and provide your contact information.

LDC is a great way to connect with potential clients but this business is not going to be dropped in your lap. You still need to work it! I do plenty of LDC business. We also call and let people know that we are having a "special" right now that was not included in the LDC quote and offer a slightly lower rate but the order must be placed THIS WEEK. While we don't like dropping prices (no one does) you need to think about somethings -

#1 - The client WANTS to get a limo or they never would have gone to limos.com!
    #2 - The client is HOT to order at the time they are visiting limos.com. The sooner you get back to them - the better.
    #3 - If you make the client think they are getting a "bonus rate" because of something going on this week only you are likely to get a deposit.

LDC is a gold mine but even if you walk into a real gold mine, the gold isn't going to fall in your bucket as you walk buy. You still need a put forth a little effort and the faster you work the better.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

I think you forgot to mention #4 the customer was just curious to see how much a limo costs but ultimately will not book a limo at all
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

We send a response within 15 min of getting the lead 90% of the time. I agree that responses geared toward the type of event is great advice. I have tested LDC and our response is definitely pretty good. I just am not wild about a discount price on top of a discount price.

I can now retire!
    100 leads later booked a 4 hour 10 passenger job.

Just an FYI. Checking my leads since 2/23/11. Seventeen leads were below our minimum hours and we were charged. According to emails I received, we will be credited. Soon I will have to hire someone just to monitor the leads. Curious if anyone else is getting charged.

We're new to Limos.com and we got like 25 leads, We suspect a lot of them are fake ( fake names etc) What is the normal success rate of the leads ? Anybody knows about this ? If we offer an airport transfer for 89 $ ( for which we get a lot of leads for let's say 90 %) and we have to pay 50 $ before we get a ride of 89 $... That's insane ! Doesnt make sense...
    Is it possible that our competitors just generate fake leads ? Why aren't the I.P. addresses mentioned ? What kind of fraud detection does Limos.com have in place to prefend fake leads ? ( i.p. logging, fake email address checking etc.)
    Now we have to complain for every 1 $ lead to Limos.com by sending them an email... I have more things to do then sending emails about every fake lead...
    Anybody any information about these things ?
    Thanks !

Look at this email I got from limos.com which looks like a monthly email sent to their customers

Subject: Top Summer deals + limo service for cab prices

BLACK CAR SERVICE, YELLOW CAR PRICE

Here's a question for you: if you had the chance to upgrade your flight to first-class, for the price of a coach seat, would you do it? We thought so.

We took a look at taxi cab fares to some of the most popular airport metros, and compared them with sedan prices on Limos.com and found several cities where the price was the same.
    How do fares compare in your favorite city?
    City

Taxi

LIMOS.COM

Atlanta

$ 30

$ 25

Dallas

$ 63

$ 59

Detroit

$ 56

$ 56

Houston

$ 60

$ 51

Los Angeles

$ 60

$ 60

Miami

$ 29

$ 29

Newark

$ 52

$ 52

New York

$ 60

$ 55
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

A sean is $25 in Atlanta and $29 in Miami? I thought our towncar rate of $38 was really low.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    Look at this email I got from limos.com which looks like a monthly email sent to their customers

Subject: Top Summer deals + limo service for cab prices

BLACK CAR SERVICE, YELLOW CAR PRICE

Here's a question for you: if you had the chance to upgrade your flight to first-class, for the price of a coach seat, would you do it? We thought so.

We took a look at taxi cab fares to some of the most popular airport metros, and compared them with sedan prices on Limos.com and found several cities where the price was the same.
    How do fares compare in your favorite city?
    City
    The rates in Miami are regulated by the County and must be minimum $70 for a one way transfer
    Taxi

LIMOS.COM

Atlanta

$ 30

$ 25

Dallas

$ 63

$ 59

Detroit

$ 56

$ 56

Houston

$ 60

$ 51

Los Angeles

$ 60

$ 60

Miami

$ 29

$ 29

Newark

$ 52

$ 52

New York

$ 60

$ 55
    The rates in Miami are regulated by the County and must be minimum $70 for a one way transfer (black car)

Blog Entries

I am with LDC 2 months now, have not booked any jobs yet out of 100 leads none of them were good never got a phone lead(new system) out of 100 leads only 3 phone numbers in the emails I received, this is realy bad if this continues this month I will ask for my money back and cancell them all together

Dont waste your money on LDC. Money pit with little results. It feels like that website: QUibids. I tried it for a month and canceled (quibids). They charge you penny here and penny there - and you still loose the money in the long run. Invest in SEO - much better investment.

This is such an exhausted topic. If you are new to business you will use them, get few cheap jobs and 6 months down the line you will kick yourself in a head and say " what a waste of money it was".

There are of course successful stories with LDC and many operators on this forum will say good things about LDC. But it all boils down to the market you are in and number of competitors.

Trust me, even google with their PPC were sued for fake clicking and making money on each fake click about 3 years ago. Its like that with a lot of businesses. They have stay in business somehow.

One of the problems is them using "limo service for cab prices" , not only does this attract the wrong type of customer that nobody here wants but it also makes the right type of customers think "cheap" and it changes their way of thinking to think about the lowest price (worst quality) limo they can get.