Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new ad

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Default new ad

My wife is in a women's networking group that meets a few times a month. Well it is her turn to do a presentation. Since she hates to speak in front of a room. She came up with the idea of picking up the group in the Excursion and let them sip champagne and watch her presentation on the TVs in the limo. Please keep in mind this is the first time we have made a video like this. I think she did a great job.

That photo of the black stretch... was it the wreck on Long Island?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Blog Entries

That was the 1 that was hit head on by the drunk driver. They were coming from a wedding. Very sad story.

As I understand that Drunk was convicted of murder... Too bad more aren't charged with murder.... it would up the selling power of hiring car services.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Blog Entries

ok my wife hates it so we will be doing a second take as soon as we can.

I think some of your cuts are rough, your holding the limo driving away shot too long and we get your legal, I am not sure anyone wants a lesson on what is required to operate a limousine company. I agree with driving the legal and insured point home, but not half of the video. I think your wife showing the cars in and out might be beter. But, I could be wrong.

Blog Entries

Ok, my take on this... I think it's great. No, it may not be the most professional thing out there but it DOES have everything she wanted to convey to her audience. Remember, this was not a commercial going out to the public (although it wouldn't be bad to use for it). Also, I like stuff done like this from the owners instead of some hired company, she has the heart behind it and you can tell that she put her fears on the line to do this for herself and the business.

I too did some similar vids a few years ago (need to upgrade those), they take a lot of time and thought to get even close to being right, not forgetting your lines, convey the information and going through cuts and cuts of video.

Marlo, I applaud you, from one that has made similar video I know how hard it is. Great job for the first cut to DVD ! ! !

Now I want to know... what camera and software did you use? I use a "Flip-Video" recorder, it does a pretty good job.

Here are some VERY old vids that I have made... like I said though, these REALLY need to be upgraded. http://www.youtube.com/user/PreLimoDigger

This one shows how much of a dork I can be... and you can see how many cuts there were to it if you really watch it close. This is one of my oldest vids... http://www.youtube.com/user/PreLimoD...33/5t79OqfgWdU
    Last edited by Digger; November 29th, 2010 at 03:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi Digger, this is Marlo and I want to thank you for such a nice comment. I tried hard and didnt adlib any of it. ( as you can tell ) lol... I will be doing this video over again as I have noticed that I did speak alot of doing it legal alittle to much. But the ladies group needs to know why company B is cheaper.. Just needs alittle tweeking .. You cant get it perfect on the first take.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Ok, my take on this... I think it's great. No, it may not be the most professional thing out there but it DOES have everything she wanted to convey to her audience. Remember, this was not a commercial going out to the public (although it wouldn't be bad to use for it). Also, I like stuff done like this from the owners instead of some hired company, she has the heart behind it and you can tell that she put her fears on the line to do this for herself and the business.

I too did some similar vids a few years ago (need to upgrade those), they take a lot of time and thought to get even close to being right, not forgetting your lines, convey the information and going through cuts and cuts of video.

Marlo, I applaud you, from one that has made similar video I know how hard it is. Great job for the first cut to DVD ! ! !

Now I want to know... what camera and software did you use? I use a "Flip-Video" recorder, it does a pretty good job.

Here are some VERY old vids that I have made... like I said though, these REALLY need to be upgraded. http://www.youtube.com/user/PreLimoDigger

This one shows how much of a dork I can be... and you can see how many cuts there were to it if you really watch it close. This is one of my oldest vids... http://www.youtube.com/user/PreLimoD...33/5t79OqfgWdU

Blog Entries

Thank you for the comment. Like it was said this is just a small presentation for my womens group and needs alittle tweeking. My husband will post take 2 this weekend, as I told him I didnt like this one.

Marlo & Mike, I think you did a great job and it is a very creative idea for the networking group! Better to let them sit in the limo and listen to your presentation than at the restaurant or wherever you hold your meetings! What a treat!! I do a networking luncheon group for our other business and know how dry some of the canned sales pitches for some businesses can be. This is a great idea!

Perhaps entice the ladies with taking your limo for a shopping trip, or day at the spa, plant some seeds of the fun and luxury. This is for your ladies group, appeal to them. Roll out the red carpet, have the bubbly corked and pour a glass to each as they enter the limo, if not serving beverages, doll up the interior to represent the party! Fake ice, sparkling shred in glasses..maybe flowers in a decanter.

Personally I don't like the picture of the limo in a wreck. I don't want to even think of that for myself or any other company or plant that image in any client's mind. As a consumer, I am not unaware of the chance of that happening any time I get on the road in any vehicle. I sure don't want to be reminded every time I get into a vehicle of a horrible picture of a deadly accident. (Do you know that that limo company was not insured?) I think the point of being insured and properly licensed, background checks, drug testings and proper professional attire and demeanor is enough to gain comfort in your business being legit and professional. Just my opinion!!

I think you should focus totally on the positives of YOUR business and tone down the cheap other guys! If you share all your positives you will sell your business without the need to show the far end of the spectrum of the "other company" or the "cheap" company. I'm sure there are other nice limo companies in your area who will show up in a different limo than the picture shown. If you want to use that picture, why not make it a joke.....then show the glamour of your limo inside and out with all the ameneties that would appeal to the ladies--make up mirrors, cleanliness, sparkling glasses, great music, lots of trunk space for their shopping bags etc.

The client really isn't concerned with your costs of licensing, permits etc. Not that you shouldn't share that you are properly permitted etc. That is a good sales point, but people already think limo companies are making big bucks, so what's a few hundred $$ here and there for permits. Try to put yourself in a consumer mindset, not biz owner trying to stay ahead of the competition, or trying to get the illegals out. That's for the regulatory agencies; the consumer doesn't care. Do you care what Macys or Nieman's overhead costs are? I don't, actually I don't give it a thought as I walk through their doors. I just like to shop there as well as I like to shop Target & Kohls. Again just my opinion about the comparison of Company A and Company B--- also why not share that you are "company A" ....use your name several times so they will have your name on the top of their mind; not "company A".

Hope you take the above as constructive and know that it's just my opinion. I'm certainly not an expert in marketing. I can't wait to the see the 2nd take.
    Best of Luck with a very creative idea and keep networking!!! Word of mouth is still our best advertising, as long as we keep delivering what our clients praise us for and tell their friends how our limos and service was everything and more than they expected and that the value was there for them with City Heat Limousine.
    Kathy
    City Heat Limousine
    Modesto, CA
    Last edited by City Heat; November 30th, 2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: add Mike --he is an important part of all this!

One more comment... I love it that Marlo is doing the talking and it shows that it's from her heart and that she loves her business and takes pride in sharing with others that Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast are just that..beautiful, clean, ELEGANT LIMOUSINES!!! Her networking group already know her, so they will be comfortable with the personal "infomercial" from Marlo, not an actor or someone just reading from a script. Keep it real and be yourself.

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine
    Modesto, CA

Blog Entries

I know this wasn't easy for you, but your points came off pretty clear. Nice Job.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Blog Entries

Kathy ( this is Marlo ) I want to thank you so much for so many great points. I will be redoing the video this weekend and will keep all this wonderful information in mind. This was really hard for me , as I am a shy speaker so I think I rambled a bit ,,ok ok more than a bit..lol. You brought up some good points and we will try to hit the nail on the head once again. Thank You for the constructive critisim.

Quote Originally Posted by City Heat View Post
    Marlo & Mike, I think you did a great job and it is a very creative idea for the networking group! Better to let them sit in the limo and listen to your presentation than at the restaurant or wherever you hold your meetings! What a treat!! I do a networking luncheon group for our other business and know how dry some of the canned sales pitches for some businesses can be. This is a great idea!

Perhaps entice the ladies with taking your limo for a shopping trip, or day at the spa, plant some seeds of the fun and luxury. This is for your ladies group, appeal to them. Roll out the red carpet, have the bubbly corked and pour a glass to each as they enter the limo, if not serving beverages, doll up the interior to represent the party! Fake ice, sparkling shred in glasses..maybe flowers in a decanter.

Personally I don't like the picture of the limo in a wreck. I don't want to even think of that for myself or any other company or plant that image in any client's mind. As a consumer, I am not unaware of the chance of that happening any time I get on the road in any vehicle. I sure don't want to be reminded every time I get into a vehicle of a horrible picture of a deadly accident. (Do you know that that limo company was not insured?) I think the point of being insured and properly licensed, background checks, drug testings and proper professional attire and demeanor is enough to gain comfort in your business being legit and professional. Just my opinion!!

I think you should focus totally on the positives of YOUR business and tone down the cheap other guys! If you share all your positives you will sell your business without the need to show the far end of the spectrum of the "other company" or the "cheap" company. I'm sure there are other nice limo companies in your area who will show up in a different limo than the picture shown. If you want to use that picture, why not make it a joke.....then show the glamour of your limo inside and out with all the ameneties that would appeal to the ladies--make up mirrors, cleanliness, sparkling glasses, great music, lots of trunk space for their shopping bags etc.

The client really isn't concerned with your costs of licensing, permits etc. Not that you shouldn't share that you are properly permitted etc. That is a good sales point, but people already think limo companies are making big bucks, so what's a few hundred $$ here and there for permits. Try to put yourself in a consumer mindset, not biz owner trying to stay ahead of the competition, or trying to get the illegals out. That's for the regulatory agencies; the consumer doesn't care. Do you care what Macys or Nieman's overhead costs are? I don't, actually I don't give it a thought as I walk through their doors. I just like to shop there as well as I like to shop Target & Kohls. Again just my opinion about the comparison of Company A and Company B--- also why not share that you are "company A" ....use your name several times so they will have your name on the top of their mind; not "company A".

Hope you take the above as constructive and know that it's just my opinion. I'm certainly not an expert in marketing. I can't wait to the see the 2nd take.
    Best of Luck with a very creative idea and keep networking!!! Word of mouth is still our best advertising, as long as we keep delivering what our clients praise us for and tell their friends how our limos and service was everything and more than they expected and that the value was there for them with City Heat Limousine.
    Kathy
    City Heat Limousine
    Modesto, CA

Blog Entries

Thank you very much and no it wasnt easy. I have received alot of great suggestions and I will be more at ease on my 2nd take

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ45Limo View Post
    I know this wasn't easy for you, but your points came off pretty clear. Nice Job.

Marlo, just work with it until you feel easy and comfortable with it... it'll come. But personally I really like that straight-up, no nonsense style. I like it! It's matter-of-fact, but kindly at the same time. But the way you laid down that "this is how I roll" swag at the end... now that was three-pointer at the buzzer, right there! Super! Let 'em know it's a no-brainer to do business with you. Good stuff... really good job.

Good luck with it.
    Karl Jones