Thread: Limo categories

Default Limo categories

Does anyone know if there are states that dictate what type of vehicle must be used for a limousine service? Such as Colorado, gives a list of make/model vehicles that are acceptable, ie Lincoln towncar, Audi A6 series, Lexus LS series, Chev Suburban, etc.

Thanks

Yes, some states and localities do regulate the type of vehicle(s) that may be used. CT is probably the most stringent; they do not allow any non-QVM/CMC vehicle and all for-hire vehicles are inspected for aisle width, ceiling height, as well as for safety items. New York City's Taxi & Limousine Commission regulates vehicles with a seating capacity under 14. Here too they only allow CMC/QVM approved vehicles to get TLC license plates and they inspect the vehicles every 6 months. NYS regulates those vehicles in excess of 14 passengers.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

www.citylimosales.com

There is a serious problem with this now that alot of limo builders have gone out of business and there are very few QVM/CMC builders. I know for a fact that there are many many limos in NYC that are NOT QVM/CMC just look at every 25 passenger+ hummer or escalade limo and none of them are.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    There is a serious problem with this now that alot of limo builders have gone out of business and there are very few QVM/CMC builders. I know for a fact that there are many many limos in NYC that are NOT QVM/CMC just look at every 25 passenger+ hummer or escalade limo and none of them are.
    But those are not regulated in NYC by the city but instead by the State of New York.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

most non qvm or cmc have nassau county or westchester county plates.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    But those are not regulated in NYC by the city but instead by the State of New York.
    We do trips to NYC and it was probably around 2004 when they outlawed non-qvm limos from driving in Manhattan. They were causing gridlock because of wide turns, having to back up, etc. I remember this pretty well because we had just bought a 200" non-qvm Navigator from US Coachworks (which was located on Long Island), and that new rule basically put their "non-qvm" side out of business. I can't be 100 percent certain, but I believe the "no non-qvm vehicles in manhattan" rule was initiated by the TLC. Someone from NY or NJ probably knows this much better than I do. All I know now is that we don't send anything but QVM to NYC.
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

Ok, I guess it was the TLC that enacted it according to this Forum. I'm guessing the rule still exists. I know we've never sent a non-qvm into NYC since they put this in place. http://www.limousinesonline.com/show...CMC-LIMOUSINES
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

Blog Entries

Cool regulation

Quote Originally Posted by teebar47 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are states that dictate what type of vehicle must be used for a limousine service? Such as Colorado, gives a list of make/model vehicles that are acceptable, ie Lincoln towncar, Audi A6 series, Lexus LS series, Chev Suburban, etc.

Thanks
    In South Florida Miami The Consumer Affairs decides that only vehicle msrp over $36.000 and over are allowed and must be only black or white in colour, first 3 years inspection is annualy after that every 6 months up to 5 years for sedans and SUV and up to 7 years for limos

You can drive a non-CMC/QVM vehicle in New York City (Manhattan, Queen, Brooklyn, Bronx, & Staten Island). You can't register them and get TLC license plates so that they can operate point-to-point in the city.

The TLC does not regulate those vehicles that are over 14 passenger. Those vehicles must be inspected/licensed by the NYS-DOT Public Service Commision, meet bus standards, and get bus license plates.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

www.citylimosales.com

Thanks for sharing this great information regarding limousine categories.

Quote Originally Posted by TheExpert View Post
    Thanks for sharing this great information regarding limousine categories.
    Thank you for sharing this great comment in how to make useless posts on dead topics... Again...
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines