Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Dean Schuler

Default I met

Dean one time, it was Jan 97 during Super Bowl in NO, I happened to be out front of a hotel that he came out of and the thing that struck me the most was here I was a chauffeur from MD and he treated me like I owned the company I was working for. We chatted a few minutes about business in MD, he handed me his card and said if you have any mechanical problems or needed any help with anything just give them a call. Real class!
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Very sorry to hear about this. Rest in peace, Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Admin View Post
    Wow, I am absolutely in shock. I had the opportunity to meet Dean many years ago briefly at a Vegas show and he definitely was a pleasure to be around and passionate about his craft ... around here, his passion, contributions, knowledge, and humorous rantings will be sorely missed ... while I've been out of the business for years, I use many "schulerisms" still to this day. Some spirited Shulerisms that immediately come to mind ... civilians, sharecroppers, malfeasance, "the Redondo Beach school of numbers" are just some things we all have loved over the years ...Godspeed Deano, may you rest in a blessed place brother.
    Classic Michael... "Schulerism" .. I believe Dean would love that.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Dean stopped into our booth at Limo Digest to say hello. He spent about 20 minutes discussing with me the state of the industry and where it will go in the future. Although he did seem more quiet and low key then usual, he did not say anything about not feeling well. In fact, he said that he had been enjoying himself every evening. It's comforting to know that he enjoyed his last Show. Saying that Dean was unique and that he will be missed are truly understatements.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

www.citylimosales.com

Default Dean Schuler, My Best Friend - Funeral Details Pending

Dear Limousine Industry / Friends of Dean Schuler ;

For those of you who may remember, my name is Robert Logan, formerly National Sales Manager for LCW (2000 to 2007) and writer/lecturer at Limo Digest (1995-2007).

Dean has been my best friend since 1997 and I know many of you knew him longer than that.

Our great friend, Dean is survived by his brother, Jim Schuler, who just flew into New Orleans this weekend to take charge of his estate affairs and coordinate a funeral date, time and place worthy of "The General".

I have been tasked with making the notifications to the industry once the details become finalized.

So please stand by...............I will not delay notification once I get word.

If you need to reach me for any reason I can found at 210-414-7418.

Very Truly,

Robert "Bob" Logan

P.S. I am very impressed with all your kind comments.... I know that he was very much part of what was discussed on all your forums!

On behalf of the staff at LCT, I wish to express my condolences to Dean's family, his staff, his clients and his industry peers. Dean lived and breathed this business and had a true servants heart...always there to be of help. He will be missed.

-Sara Eastwood-McLean, LCT

Logan you and I spoke to Dean almost every day. I cannot express how much I am going to miss him. We have worked together for over 25 years. He was commited to excellence. He was a true friend to me and I am thankful God put him in my life. When someone is gone suddenly it is almost like robbery. He really made an impact in my life and business. He was one of a kind and a true "kick in the ass" fun guy to be around. I don't think he had any idea of how much we all loved him.

Blog Entries

Wow, I was sick this weekend and came online today to catch up on topics and this one really sank me. RIP old friend. Although you may be gone, your advice and comments will always be remembered through this forum.

You will be missed in the limo industry.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Folks our friend Dean Schuler passed away yesterday. He was a good friend for over 25 years and I will surely miss him.
    My condolances to the familly rest in peace you were a true legent in the limo industry!

I got a text from Rich Saturday morning with the sad news. This is one of those few times when we can say we have experienced a true loss. I met Dean in 2005 at the AC show and while I don't remember the conversation, I just felt really cool sitting at the bar, having a drink with Dean. After that encounter, he began sending me faxes about once a month regarding insurance/risk management in the passenger transportation industry. The last fax he sent me was last month about why party buses are bad. Of all things, I think I am going to miss those fax cover sheets he used "From the Office of the Franchisee" and his name, then whatever he was sending me would follow.

Dean is one of a handful of operators (all of which I met on this forum) that taught me it isn't the number of cars one has, how fancy they are, or how much they cost that makes an operation great...but rather it is the operator that dictates how great their operation is going to be. Dean and those others really helped me mature in my career and it is very hard to know that he is no longer here to continue to help grow this industry. A true professional has been lost.

Default Official notice announcement regard funeral service for Dean Schuler

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DEAN SCHULER
    From Robert Logan, Schuler Family Designated Industry Contact
    November 23, 2010
    We would like to inform you that special funeral services for our beloved friend, Dean Schuler, President of Carey New Orleans, will be held as follows;
    Date: December 2nd, 2010 (Thursday)
    Time: 3pm to 6pm (Central Standard Time)
    Location: Allegro Bistro, 1100 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70163-1101, 504-582-2350
    Parking: There is an annex garage from Loyola or Rampart Street and Allegro staff will validate for you, just bring your parking ticket with you.

Are you coming in from out of town?
    Ground Transportation: Call Carey New Orleans at 800-495-0201 or 504-523-6511
    Hotel Recommendation: Windsor Court Hotel, 300 Gravier Street, New Orleans, 504-523-6000
    *Special rates arranged for Dec 1st and 2nd only – mentioned that you with the Dean Schuler Funeral *

Instead of flowers, you may present your loving gift in Dean’s honor to the following Schuler Family approved charity made payable to as follows:
    Hypertension Education Foundation, P.O. Box 651, Scarsdale, NY 10583
    Website is www.hypertensionfoundation.org
    They are a non-profit IRS Sub Chapter 501 C and you will receive a receipt for your tax records.

QUESTIONS? Call Robert Logan 210-414-7418 (cell) or my office

Rip dean
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com
    www.corpuschristipartybus.com

I met Dean here on LDC and then at the 2003 Atlantic City show before I even bought my first car. He was always willing to take a moment to answer a question or help make an introduction. But more than that he was fun to be around and I always looked forward to a dinner or two with him at the shows and catching up in person. Mentor and friend to many, he will be greatly missed.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Blog Entries

I just found out about this Great loss to the Limousine Industry. Lord in your word you said when two or more agree, so I would ask that my Brothers and Sisters would agree that you Lord would watch over Dean's Family at this time of Grief, and pour out your Spirit to comfort and console as well as protect. Lord God we thank you for Deans life and the way he has touched our lives, hold him now in your arms and give him rest. Amen...Amen.

We will miss you Brother ~_~"
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Amen Brother
    Jerry Thomas