Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Dean Schuler

Default I

was stunned to see this. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. We will all miss him.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Whether he was writing, lecturing, mentoring, or casually offering advice, Dean never settled for less than the best for the chauffeured transportation industry and was tireless in to inspire that into everyone he reached.
    For those who know Dean, will have no trouble to carry on his legacy. For those who had yet to know Dean... well, you have missed one of God's finest gentlemen.

My thoughts and condolences to to his family.

Rest in peace, Dean... you will be forever remembered, forever admired, forever missed.
    Karl Jones

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

In the dictionary, next to the word "leader" there should be a picture of Mr. Schuler. Thank you for everything.

My condolences to his family and friends. We will keep you in our prayers.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

I just came in from a busy day and sat down with my usual routine to check out the forum. I am so sad and surprised to read of the passing of Dean Schuler. His posts and information on this forum has been a huge blessing to me over the past years. I have so much respect for him. May his family gain comfort and strength in knowing that he touched so many lives in such huge ways without ever having met them. Our sympathy and prayers in the loss of a great man and mentor to many.

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

I am so sorry to hear the news! Though, I never met you in person, you were always willing to give a helping hand. On one thread Dean beat me up so bad it wasn't funny. Three days later I received a PM from apologizing to me and him telling me it was just to toughen me up and get me ready for the limo world.
    Dustin Clouatre
    River Parish Limousines
    Baton Rouge, La
    www.riverparishlimo.com

I'm truly sadden by this news. Having never meet Dean but always respecting anything he had to say. For I know it came from his heart and a world of true knowledge. I will miss his insight. God Bless you Dean.

My prayers go out to All his Family.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

A true professional will be missed. Thank you Dean for the years of wisdom and respected comments. It is sad and sudden to hear this news. Our prayers are wth Dean and his family.

I saw Dean last week at the show. He was surrounded by a group and I spoke to him briefly about his new hair- he'd stopped shaving the noggin. We exchanged pleasantries and I moved along. That moment I'll remember as an example of the man. A fixture at the shows, it has always been part of the experience there, to shake the hand of greatness and spend a few moments catching up. He would always take an interest in what was happening 1000 miles from him.

I first "knew" Dean as a noobie in 1990 - I got to know him by reading his signature livery column - learned more from his articles about how to operate successfully - and many times, his column was the only thing I read in that month's issue. Many times, just putting the magazine down and going WOW and reflecting on the wisdom he had on that page.

Years have gone by, I still look forward to his writings, and try to read them as a noob, wondering what can I learn. Dean never disappointed. He could take this business and find a new twist, a new way to describe the procedures that aren't rocket science, and leave a nugget in that article that would make another WOW moment. He never wavered from being a top line professional in his livery business, always reinforcing the advantages of premium pricing, and employee retention and reward. I think the magazines could pull a random article of his anytime over the next 20 years and the nuggets inside would still be germaine to new and old operators alike.

He will be missed - RIP old friend. There is no doubt you left this place a whole lot better for you being here.

Default Dean, you will be missed!

R.I.P. Dean, we will miss you!
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

Default RIP Dean

Dean will be missed by many. Though I never had the honor to meet him in person, Dean was always generous enough to answer PM's and share his wisdom. Definitely a class act.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Default Stunned

I am profoundly saddened by the news of Dean’s passing. My heart and my prayers go out to his family,to his loved ones, to his staff and to the very many students of the industry who, like I, called him friend and mentor.

There are few limousine businesspeople in history that have made such a significant impact upon our industry as Dean. The greatest lesson Dean taught was to never stop learning and remain a student of the Trade of Livery, always. This lesson I will never forget nor never will I believe there is nothing left to learn.

Thank you Dean for all you’ve done. Thank you for the lessons and thank you for the accountability you would unwaveringly exact whenever you felt it necessary. Thanks for believing in me and, of course, thanks for the drinks. I learned more from you than any other in our great industry.

Tonight I will empty the remaining 1.5 inches of scotch I have in a bottle dated from 1968. I can think of no greater way to toast the life of this great man.
    Matt Harrison
    908-296-3951
    Limousine
    Industry Consultant

http://goodwillguy.wordpress.com/

Wow, I am absolutely in shock. I had the opportunity to meet Dean many years ago briefly at a Vegas show and he definitely was a pleasure to be around and passionate about his craft ... around here, his passion, contributions, knowledge, and humorous rantings will be sorely missed ... while I've been out of the business for years, I use many "schulerisms" still to this day. Some spirited Shulerisms that immediately come to mind ... civilians, sharecroppers, malfeasance, "the Redondo Beach school of numbers" are just some things we all have loved over the years ...Godspeed Deano, may you rest in a blessed place brother.

Ugh........as I start my Monday, I found that Dean had sent me an e-mail two hours before his death. The contents of that e-mail?

He asked me if I still had information I had provided him a couple years ago about non-emergency medical transportation and organ procurement team transportation. He said he was - you guessed it - helping another operator and wanted to share this information with that fellow Carey operator.

That was Dean, always helping someone out - right up until the very end. It is such a loss. He was so helpful to everyone.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Ugh........as I start my Monday, I found that Dean had sent me an e-mail two hours before his death. The contents of that e-mail?

He asked me if I still had information I had provided him a couple years ago about non-emergency medical transportation and organ procurement team transportation. He said he was - you guessed it - helping another operator and wanted to share this information with that fellow Carey operator.

That was Dean, always helping someone out - right up until the very end. It is such a loss. He was so helpful to everyone.
    Virtually every morning I would have mail from Dean regarding an industry issue.. The last on the 18th when he sent me a link to Embarque...
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Very sad, never met him but I loved everything he wrote and he always seemed to me the model of what an operator should be in terms of class and business acumen.