Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Sedan at the SHOW

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    What about running just a navigator or tahoe. Not the longer versions. Used hybrid tahoe or yukon. Escalade hybrids are way too exspensive.
    I don't look at hybrids since they are worthless in my area. We put on too many highway miles to ever recharge the battery. For instance, I like 40 miles away from the airport and it takes me 37 minutes to get there. If you go with any of the hybrid SUVs, you will likely need to remove the rear seat for luggage for the 4 people sitting in the front seat and second row bench.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

We are considering getting one of these vehicles but I cant get over the toyota badge... I feel like most clients wont be able to eaither. Maybe we can get custom badges made to resemble our logos as a replacement? It would promote branding and they may not think twice about it being a toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post
    We are considering getting one of these vehicles but I cant get over the toyota badge... I feel like most clients wont be able to eaither. Maybe we can get custom badges made to resemble our logos as a replacement? It would promote branding and they may not think twice about it being a toyota.
    Again, for some corporate clients the fact that it is a Toyota may be a benefit. A Toyota wouldn't promote an executive's lavish lifestyle as much as a Lincoln would.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

I know mtc has a few royale fusion and they took off most of the badges and put there's. There are still the ones on the inside that are toyota.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Personally I think the "green" thing is about dead. The government subsidies for "green" technologies is definitely going to get whacked big time.

Green was the thing for a while. Green ride global and what not. I do see some big companies who run the hybrid escalades ie. Boston coach, dav-el.

I feel that the you drive a toyota your rates should be lower.

I'm also worried about the sag factor when loaded with bags and people.

A lot of car services in brroklyn and the bronx run altimas, maximas, camrys, avalons, oddeseys, pilots.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

I agree-but the Avalon totally outclassed the rest of the town car replacements at the Show in the legroom department and the trunk space.
    Dean Schuler

What is the price of the Avalon LM as of now?

Blog Entries

Cool avalon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Schuler View Post
    For legroom and trunk space the TOYOTA AVALON is the best sedan at the SHOW. I wasn't impressed with the other town car replacements.
    replacement for Town Car=Cadilac DTS and DTS 6" probably same price as Avalon and 2 times more legroom,headroom,luggage space,smooth ride and the best of it all it is domestic buy domestic support local economy!

Default Time for a "Come to Jesus" moment

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    Green was the thing for a while. Green ride global and what not. I do see some big companies who run the hybrid escalades ie. Boston coach, dav-el.

I feel that the you drive a toyota your rates should be lower.

I'm also worried about the sag factor when loaded with bags and people.

A lot of car services in brroklyn and the bronx run altimas, maximas, camrys, avalons, oddeseys, pilots.
    Charles, you seem to be extremely concerned about some of the WRONG things! The "sag factor?" Unless you start loading the trunk of your vehicles with 8 bags of concrete from The Home Depot, I don't think you need to be concerned about this. It seems quite apparent that unless you are driving an SUV, you aren't going to be happy.

Now, I have tried working with you on some ideas to increase your profits. You say that you have a hard time getting $60 all-inclusive from Westfield to EWR. Well, after calling around, it appears the going rate is $72. This is a difference of $12 per run. If you average 8 trips a day total between your 3 vehicles on 5 days of the week over 50 weeks in the year, that $12 per run makes you an additional $24,000 annually. That is SIGNIFICANT!!! Plus, I know you have to be constantly upgrading trips with one and two passengers from a sedan paying at a sedan rate to one of your Escalades. By doing this, you are cutting into your profits again because your fuel costs went up by at least 50% not including the price of premium that is needed for your Escalades...another cut into your potential profits. But according to you, you have too many 4 passenger trips that you can't get rid of an SUV. Well, first, sell 4+ passenger runs an SUV and not a sedan. Those free upgrades are killing your profits. Then again, if you can't charge more, as you say, then maybe it is time to buy a minivan and complete those 4 or 5 passenger trips in a minivan.

But wait! You told me that you didn't think a minivan would work, that it wouldn't fly around there and the "ass will sag." Well, again, there is the sagging thing. Also, you just stated that there are other companies that run minivans. So, which is it? Obviously there must be some market for minivans if other services are using them. London Town Cars has a minivan and since they have been around since 1959 and have the VERY FIRST TLC number that they know what they are doing. You are closing a door on the market that, well, quite honestly I believe you are in.

Now, back to increasing your rates to get that extra $12 a run. You told me that your competitors run new Grand Marquis sedans and wear suits. Well...you need to consider that statement. They wear suits while you are off looking like Jersey Johnny. First impressions are extremely important in this industry. You need to dress the part. Did you ever call Gabe at Dornan today like you said you would? I sent you a text over an hour ago asking this question and have yet to get a response. I am going to assume that you did not make the call. Also, your cars are close to 7 years old now. For corporate work in the NYC area...that is getting up there in years. So, with old cars and a Limo Bob type outfit, I would hardly say that the company with the Grand Marquis sedans and the suits would consider you a competitor. Sorry, but I have to call it as I see it.

Now, I'm not really sure where your concern is. The guys down the street are getting more money and they don't run a Cadillac or a Lincoln. Because you are always worried about "sagging" it seems you don't want anything other than an SUV. I don't think you even consider this as a contender in the market, but then again I don't think you truly understand the market. This is a service oriented business and the brand name on the car isn't going to matter in the long run. We will see how the market takes to this vehicle, but if we sell it as a vehicle that gets better fuel economy and a smaller "carbon footprint" and focus on providing the best service we can, the market should embrace this vehicle.

I will step off the soapbox now...well...at least for a little while.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    replacement for Town Car=Cadilac DTS and DTS 6" probably same price as Avalon and 2 times more legroom,headroom,luggage space,smooth ride and the best of it all it is domestic buy domestic support local economy!
    It appears that as of late, more Toyota sedans are produced in the U.S. than Ford, Chrysler, or GM sedans. I just did a quick online build of a Toyota Avalon and got $37,000. DTS starts at about $46,000 and goes up to nearly $64,000. Rear headroom for the Avalon is 37.5 inches while the DTS is slightly more at 38.6 inches. Rear shoulder room of Avalon is 58.2 inches and hip room is 56.2 inches. The DTS has a rear shoulder room slightly bigger at 59.2 inches and a slightly bigger hip room of 56.7 inches. Trunk space on the Avalon is 14.4 Cubic feet and the DTS is bigger at 18.8 cubic feet, but it is not laid out in such a way to effectively use all of the 18.8 cf unlike the Avalon's 14.4 cf of trunk space. Curb weight on the Avalon is nearly 500 pounds less and the fuel economy of the Avalon is 26% higher than that of the DTS with a highway rating of 29 vs. the meager 23 you get from the DTS.

In my opinion, the Toyota Avalon is by far the better value. You can buy 3 Avalons for less than you can get 2 DTS sedans and the dimensions are similar plus Toyotas have better mechanical longevity and lower cost of maintenance than the DTS and have a 20% lower fuel bill with the Avalon. Sounds like a winner to me.

The Toyota Avalon is assembled in Georgetown, Kentucky.
    Last edited by BLVD Limo; November 12th, 2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added assembly for Avalon
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Just can't get past it being a toyota. Looks wise it doesn't appeal to me. Oh well. When the time comes. I will still get a towncar for the future as of now.

I love the look of a black on black dts with chrome wheels.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

I say if you can run it and it makes a profit who cares what it is. Some people don't care if you show up in a rick shaw or a jitney as long as you are on time.

If a minivan is going to run @ a profit..do it. I am looking at this market for next summer.

Thank you tim for putting my personal shit on blast. This was between me, you, and jared. Not for the whole forum to see how shit of a company I run.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    I say if you can run it and it makes a profit who cares what it is. Some people don't care if you show up in a rick shaw or a jitney as long as you are on time.

If a minivan is going to run @ a profit..do it. I am looking at this market for next summer.
    It will be a few years before I have to worry about what to replace the LTC with as the 2011s will be ok for us to use for awhile I would think. Personally, whether it is built in America or not - it is still owned by another country. I would rather support American companies. I still don't like the fact that our gov't bought out GM, but if it came down to it...I would buy GM over Toyota.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com