Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Sedan at the SHOW

Smile Best Sedan at the SHOW

For legroom and trunk space the TOYOTA AVALON is the best sedan at the SHOW. I wasn't impressed with the other town car replacements.
    Dean Schuler

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Schuler View Post
    For legroom and trunk space the TOYOTA AVALON is the best sedan at the SHOW. I wasn't impressed with the other town car replacements.
    Completely agree! Much easier to get in and out of the rear seats than the Cadillac and I'm still not sure of why they brought an MKZ to the show. The MKZ has absolutey no trunk space. I haven't seen an MKT here. Now what we need to fo is take the Toyota emblems off the Toyota to help sell it.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Something to note about the Avalon.... you are only going to get two people in the rear seat, but still, both Mr. Schuler and I fit in the rear seat at the same time and felt comfortable.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

I've already ordered one. I made this call last week.
    Dustin Clouatre
    River Parish Limousines
    Baton Rouge, La
    www.riverparishlimo.com

How's the ride wit 2-3 plus bags? Does it sag and get bouncy?
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

I will load one up and do a test drive when I return.
    Dean Schuler

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Was it a "LM" version or their regular sedan?
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Didn't care to take a look.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Did it have Nav and a sunroof or either of those? If so it was not the LM. The LM eleminates the sunroof for 1 inch more of headroom.
    Dustin Clouatre
    River Parish Limousines
    Baton Rouge, La
    www.riverparishlimo.com

First, the Toyota Avalon at the show was apparently not and LM model, however it still had a black leather interior with the reclining rear seats. But let me discuss some of the other vehicles that were at the show.

Cadillac DTS: This is a nice car and definitely has the luxury flag, however it is very hard for me to get out of this car. My size 12 shoe does not fit between the door pillar and the seat when I go to step out of the car. Also, this car has a deep floor pan that makes me have to lift my leg relatively high (read uncomfortable) in order to get out of the vehicle. The trunk space, although bigger than the 14.4 cubic feet of the Avalon, isn't much bigger and the way it is oriented, my opinion is that you wouldn't be able to completely utilize its full volume.

Cadillac SRX: This is Cadillac's crossover vehicle and was in attendance at the show. This vehicle is about as useful to our industry as a Harley with a sidecar. Although it is a nice vehicle to look at and is more visually appealing than the Lincoln MKT, the maximum passengers you would transport in this vehicle is an astonishing ONE. The reason I say this is once the driver's seat is in a position that is comfortable for me to drive the vehicle, it renders the seat immediately behind the driver's seat useless. I had and extremely hard time getting into the vehicle behind the driver, and once inside, my knees were spread wide apart because I had to straddle the driver's seat. I am most certain the same would result if there were a passenger in the front seat thus resulting in only the rear passenger side seat being of any use. I don't see any of these SRX vehicles being used for our industry and GM should have just left it at home.

Lincoln MKZ/Ford Fusion: Let's just go ahead and say it...this is a small car. Lincoln brought an MKZ out and Royale brought out one of the Fusion Hybrid Ls they have built. The trunk is only big enough to handle two moderately sized carry-on bags, and with my height of 6 feet, 2 inches, I was unable to sit back in the rear seat as my head hit the roof before my shoulders hit the seat back. Unless you are in the business of transporting children going to school or some Shriners, don't expect this to be a winner.

Ford did not bring any Lincoln MKTs to the show.

There were no Chrysler/Dodge vehicles in attendance at the show outside of one stretched 300.

Toyota Avalon: This vehicle was very easy to get in and out of the rear seat. For someone that has some joint "Range of Motion" limitations, I had no problem sitting in the rear seat of this vehicle. I didn't have to excessively lift my legs to get out, there was plenty of room between my knees and the front seats, and the reclining rear seats gave it that "Business Class" feel. The trunk at 14.4 cu. feet is considerably smaller than the trunks of our 4 body, 21 cu. ft. Town Cars, but with 2 or 3 business travelers, it would be a sufficient vehicle. Now, it may be a hard sell for Toyota, but if we can get the emblems off, it make the selling of a Toyota easier. Also, consider the times that we are in with corporate executives being asked not to flaunt the perks they get from the company. Showing up in a Toyota versus a Lincoln may result in fewer eyebrows being raised when the executives arrive.

All in all, the Lincoln Town Car cannot be beat, but the Toyota Avalon may be the up and coming replacement.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Nice analysis, thanks.
    Jon Hook

Stars Luxury Limousine Services - North Bay, Ontario
    www.Book-A-Van.com
    www.NorthBayBlackCarService.ca
    www.WeddingLimousineNorthBay.ca

2000 White 120" stretch AHA
    2003 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2008 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter

I should also note that there was not a Ford Taurus nor a Lincoln MKS in attendance.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Anybody been in a dts-L?
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    Anybody been in a dts-L?
    Still wouldn't help the fact that I would have to eat my knees to get out of the car and I can't do that. I have mild arthritis and I have issues. Imagine if you had high heels on, were elderly, or someone had knee replacements? It doesn't work.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

What about running just a navigator or tahoe. Not the longer versions. Used hybrid tahoe or yukon. Escalade hybrids are way too exspensive.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com