Thread: 140" Excursion Insurance

Just added a 140" Excursion by Tiffany to my fleet and it is my first SUV. I just received my Insurance premium for this vehicle and was completely blown away by the cost ! Anyone else having the same concerns?

Just imagine what it would be for a non QVM/CMC. Just pass it on to the Client, they will pay it or not use it at all.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Zelano:
    Just added a 140" Excursion by Tiffany to my fleet and it is my first SUV. I just received my Insurance premium for this vehicle and was completely blown away by the cost ! Anyone else having the same concerns?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greg I added a QVM Excursion 140" limo and my liability was the same. The physical damage went up slightly because it cost more new. I had a 140" non/QVM Navigator and there was no difference in cost.

Wade Randolph

Quotes from my insurance company were only marginally different than a regular 8 pax 120" stretch. The bulk of any premium is due to the liability portion which will be close to the same for most livery vehicles, plus a smaller portion going to replacement value of the car. Are you comparing the quote to a car of vastly different replacement value?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Zelano:
    Just added a 140" Excursion by Tiffany to my fleet and it is my first SUV. I just received my Insurance premium for this vehicle and was completely blown away by the cost ! Anyone else having the same concerns?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Cost for the liability portion is triple what i pay for my 120". Could this possibly be a misquote. My insurance is thru Northland.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    Quotes from my insurance company were only marginally different than a regular 8 pax 120" stretch. The bulk of any premium is due to the liability portion which will be close to the same for most livery vehicles, plus a smaller portion going to replacement value of the car. Are you comparing the quote to a car of vastly different replacement value?

Just added a 140" Excursion by Tiffany to my fleet and it is my first SUV. I just received my Insurance premium for this vehicle and was completely blown away by the cost ! Anyone else having the same concerns?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like you need to sit down and have a talk with your Insurance People. The liability portion should be the same. It may be that because it is a 14 Pax you need to have a higher limit (in Michigan, a 9 pax is 1,000,000.00 where a 10 to 15 is 2,000,000.00 anything bigger than that is considered a Bus and requires 5,000,000.00) They may have bumped you in to Bus territory.

The difference between 1 Mil and 2 Mil should be about $750.00 per car if you have a clean loss run.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

Just wanted to let those who helped know that the insurance company corrected their mistake and my new quote is 1/3 of what the original quote was ! Thank god I questioned it ! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Zelano:

No. We buy LCW exclusively........

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler