Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limousine Digest Show

there is def. something magical..about yvonne

Just trying to figure out what is this jet for...is it personal or for clients? I looked on you guy's sites and didnt see any advertising for it. Not knocking it at all, just curious.
    Dustin Clouatre
    River Parish Limousines
    Baton Rouge, La
    www.riverparishlimo.com

By the way John Boehner the new Speaker of the House will fly commercial unlike the limousine liberal Nancy Pelosi who insisted on flying in a G550.

Dean, I am wheels down in Kansas City and it seems that you and Sherry really hit it off. She couldn't stop telling me about what a great guy you are!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Talking Awesome November

Pelosi gets voted out of position and LSU beat Bama. This November has been great!!
    Dustin Clouatre
    River Parish Limousines
    Baton Rouge, La
    www.riverparishlimo.com

I am back in New Orleans with fine memories....
    Dean Schuler

I need to speak to the industry about this SHOW. The seminars were EXCELLENT. One of the Speakers-from the cartel-made an offhand Comment about subcontractors He was careless to make that comment .HOWEVER: THE THING IS THIS: THE DOMINANT NATIONAL TRADE ASSOCIATION-THE TLPA-which all of you should join-told us during the BOARD MEETING that this issue was overblown. If you want to see if your contracts with the drivers pass muster-then your merely send to the IRS an SS8form and your contracts for review. THE TLPA has attorneys that will make sure your contracts PASS. So you should hire them and move forward if worker classification is an issue for you..
    Last edited by Dean Schuler; November 11th, 2010 at 07:22 AM.
    Dean Schuler

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Schuler View Post
    I need to speak to the industry about this SHOW. The seminars were EXCELLENT. One of the Speakers-from the cartel-made an offhand Comment about subcontractors He was careless to make that comment .HOWEVER: THE THING IS THIS: THE DOMINANT NATIONAL TRADE ASSOCIATION-THE TLPA-which all of you should join-told us during the BOARD MEETING that this issue was overblown. If you want to see if your contracts with the drivers pass muster-then your merely send to the IRS an SS8form and your contracts for review. THE TLPA has attorneys that will make sure your contracts PASS. So you should hire them and move forward if worker classification is an issue for you..
    Dean is correct. A member of the cartel spoke before all research on the topic on ICs vs. Employees had been completed. After speaking with Al LaGasse, CEO of the TLPA, I get the feeling he has a better grasp on the real issues that are affecting our industry, especially in the immediate and near futures, than most others. He is a humble man and could be seen walking around the show floor talking with several operators about issues affecting our industry. I know that after my interaction with Mr. LaGasse that I will be joining the TLPA soon. The TLPA is focused on issues that can be won and not focused on issues that will have little to no progress after 20 years.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Default The Cartel

Who spoke from the cartel that was male? Are you guys referring to the NLA or LCT? The only male from LCT would have been Martin and I seriously doubt he would have spoke. Since I missed the show I was just curious about who spoke from the cartel.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

In this case, just a figure of speech descriptive of a world view.
    Last edited by Dean Schuler; November 11th, 2010 at 01:57 PM.
    Dean Schuler

I spent some very enjoyable time with the folks who own Dornan Uniforms. www.dornanuniforms.com They have been in business since 1924 and we shared many stories and laughed loudly at the sharecroppers. VERY GOOD PEOPLE.
    Dean Schuler

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Schuler View Post
    I spent some very enjoyable time with the folks who own Dornan Uniforms. www.dornanuniforms.com They have been in business since 1924 and we shared many stories and laughed loudly at the sharecroppers. VERY GOOD PEOPLE.
    Charles...contact these people. They will help you find a suit that you will feel comfortable in and will make you look good. Ask for Gabe. Tell him Squirrel sent you.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Who spoke from the cartel that was male? Are you guys referring to the NLA or LCT? The only male from LCT would have been Martin and I seriously doubt he would have spoke. Since I missed the show I was just curious about who spoke from the cartel.
    Not associated with LCT or NLA. I did have the opportunity to meet Diane Forgy, NLA President, and she was extremely nice.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

She owns overland right? Maybe you can work with her if not already.

I will call this morning. Thank you tim.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Dornan is on the other side of JFK from you. Maybe next time you head out that way and don't have an immediate trip following, you can make the drive out to Rockville Centre. The phone number for Dornan is 516.431.3400.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service