Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Groupon?

It just goes to show you that a business relationship has to be a win-win for both parties.

To all of you guys. Try to avoid airport runs. You will loose money as customers are not loyal to you but they are loyal to Groupon, Living Social or any other deal site.

I recently agreed to put my hourly limos on Groupon but I put certain restrictions that customers need to meet in order to qualify. Mainly it's for winter/spring time only. Pick-up must be close (within 20 miles) from where I am. Mandatory 20% gratuity and 5% must be charged up front at the time of reservations.

Look at my page at http://stretchlimochicago.com/specia...1-groupon.html and tell me what do you think about out? Do you have any suggestions?

V.T.
    Stretch Limousine, Inc.

Banned

To be honest, I think you should take out option 2. I could never let my excursion go out at that price. Gas and maintenance will take away most of the money.

By taking away option 2 you can up sell those wanting a bigger limo from the 10 passenger. If you sell more than 100 for option 1, you will need to factor in maintenance:new ball joints/tie rods, alignment, and at least 4 oil changes.Thats what I have noticed with approx 15 k miles of service.

Thanks for the advice.

My advice is to pull out of the deal now while you still can. Run as far away from those Groupon clients as you can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    My advice is to pull out of the deal now while you still can. Run as far away from those Groupon clients as you can.
    Amen to that! Nothing but headaches, people wanting something for free, discount, tire-kicking trouble!!! Maybe a few here and there that are good, but in general, horrible experience for me and will never do it again.

In most cases, Grouponers and coupon clippers have no loyalty. It doesn't matter how good your service is, the next time they need livery service, they will look for whatever business is currently offering a Groupon / coupon. That is, unless they had terrible service the previous time. Basically, to those clients, you will have to offer them top notch service every time at or below cost in order to keep them as clients. Quite frankly, you can have them.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

There is a big difference between a loyal customer and a satisfied customer and Groupon customers are rarely likely to turn into loyal customers.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

I will never do Groupon again. I believe that it is too much work for the return. There are other routes to go that will have a return besides Groupon. Shoupon which is free just to name one. Groupon is NOT good in my honest opinion.