Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Groupon?

Default Groupon?

So groupon is going to launch in my city any day now. Do any of you guys deal with them? What are you guys thoughts about them?
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com
    www.corpuschristipartybus.com

I like groupon. I bought a round of golf at a local private course that otherwise I wouldn't have the chance to play. Haven't used it yet but very pleased with the price! They sold a ton of them.
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

it depends on if you arent booked up a lot. i tried setting up a deal with them, i think its amazing exposure and a good way to get some repeat clients you would never get in the first place but it just didnt work out for me. my prices for my cheapest bus during the week (im never busy during the week) are only $450. i told them i could give them half off which is only $225 but told them i wouldnt do any discounted runs on fri-sat and then they not only wanted me to not limit the days i would provide service but they take a 50% cut of the sale price so it would only be $112.50. i think this would only be good for a brand new company trying to get their name out there, but then again they will only deal with established companies with online reviews.

@FairFax but would you advertise with them? I am still up in the air about doing it or not?
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ccpartybus View Post
    @FairFax but would you advertise with them? I am still up in the air about doing it or not?
    They want 50% AND a discounted rate. Pretty hard to make some decent money.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenOnWheels View Post
    They want 50% AND a discounted rate. Pretty hard to make some decent money.
    pretty hard to break even.

pretty easy to go out of business at those rates...
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Groupon is good for a stout company. You do not want to be a newbie and do a Groupon. We had a huuuge groupon sale. Its simply advertising. I negotiated a fair deal and made a lot of money from it. For me, this is a teaser to hook clients. My rates did
    Not include gratuity, taxes, or fuel. We also ran our higer rates. If a client uses a groupon he is paying about $86/hr with us, not a huge savings but a hook.

A few nice things about groupon is i sold 850 of them, we've had 20% redeem; groupon estimates we'll see 30-35% redeem. The rest wil expire; and they are always subject
    To availability.

If they book overtime (more than 3 hrs for us) they are paying maximum rate. In my hummer, thats well over $220 per hour.

Jared, Were you able to specifiy certain days of the week or not valid on saturdays or something?
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax Limo View Post
    I like groupon. I bought a round of golf at a local private course that otherwise I wouldn't have the chance to play. Haven't used it yet but very pleased with the price! They sold a ton of them.
    Based on the massive following/responses to the local groupons here, there is absolutely no way we could handle the response. If you can handle the response then absolutely go for it. They do offer "side deals" though, that I might look into, instead of being the primary groupon of the day.

do you have a link to the ad they put up on groupon jscott? i would like to see how they did the ad, it sounded to me like they were very picky with their hidden costs. im shocked so many people didnt redeem though.

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    Jared, Were you able to specifiy certain days of the week or not valid on saturdays or something?
    for what its worth... the round of golf I bought from groupon limits me to certain (off peak) days of the week. so this limitation is something they likely allow.

Default Groupon

I absolutely love Groupon as a consumer. But they came to me and asked me what kind of special I would like to run, and it just didn't make sense.

I think if you're a start up business with some cash in your pockets, Groupon is a great way to get your name out there and get some instant clients. That's not me.

The other problem I had is that I'm a small business and Groupon has a lot of customers. What happens if 1000 people by my weekday wine tour special and then freak out because there is no availability? Instead of good advertising, all of a sudden you're getting bad reviews from pissed off clients(that haven't even been in your limo yet).

But once again, I love Groupon as a consumer.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

I am trying Groupon for the first time this weekend and am loving it. They are running me as a side deal and let me put a cap on how many they can sell. I had to hire a couple of my friends to cover the phone lines while I responded to emails. I think the thing that saved me from too many stupid questions is that I made an additional page on my website with "Groupon FAQ". Here is my groupon link: http://www.groupon.com/deals/orlando...ousine-orlando
    David Pankretic
    Orlando Executive Limousine Inc.
    www.OrlandoExecutiveLimousine.com
    Toll Free (800) 407-0053
    Local (407) 402-3200

So your are only getting 1/2 of the $35? How can you make any money doing that?
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com