Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Limo Anywhere Suggestions, problems ect.

  1. #1

    Default Limo Anywhere Suggestions, problems ect.

    I know LA has been great at immediately responding to our request with the software so I thought I'd start a thread to have them all in one place. I would like to apologize in advance for any grammar issues or if there is already a thread on this as I am posting from my IPhone while on a run. They're are two simple suggestions I have. Sorry if there is already a fix to this; if so let me know. First, when I open a quote I see what date it is and what the customer needs. The customer needs my LSU Party Bus for October the 3rd. I then have to go to dispatch(takes a little while when net is slow) check that date and go back to the reservation. Could we possibly have a button that we can click on that brings us straight to the date and kind of shows if the booking would fit into out schedule? I just think this would help us work more efficiently and quickly when our web is slow (always!!!). Also, I am always traveling as I work full time as an insurance agent and with several charities. With this being said, I would like where I could go to www.limoanywhere.com and click on a link that says customer login. It will bring me to the login screen that we are all familiar with. I enter my info and BAM!! I'm in. I saved the link in my gmail so I can access it from anywhere but this would make things easier. I know these things seem minor but I believe it would help me out. Thanks and feel free to share any tips with the system.
    Dustin Clouatre
    River Parish Limousines
    Baton Rouge, La
    www.riverparishlimo.com

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Get a laptop or netbook or ipad (unless you can wait for the new blackberry playbook). Use tabs.

    As for logging in, cant you bookmark the url?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Posts
    1,499

    Default

    You have another job river? Damn that's the key. I need another job.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

  4. #4

    Default

    Haha. I bought the limo company as a hobby. In the first year we quadrupled sales so it turned into full time. I hired 3 ladies and they take care of all daily operation.

    As far as saving the link...I'm just using a situation where I may not have my personal computer.
    Dustin Clouatre
    River Parish Limousines
    Baton Rouge, La
    www.riverparishlimo.com

  5. #5

    Default

    Hello Dustin:

    Thanks for posting your suggestions.

    I will definitely see what can do about adding an "availability checker" right to the quote screen because it would make perfect sense to have it there. As an alternative and an immediate workaround, I would like to suggest what Elite had already suggested and that is to use browser tabs or multiple windows.

    The URL to login is fairly simple as it is (manage.mylimobiz.com) but we can certainly see about adding the login link to our main site. We plan on releasing our redesigned website by the end of October and will incorporate it into it.

    I'll add this to our To Do list for this month. Just keep an eye on the login page for new feature release notifications.

    Thanks!

    Max.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    986
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Max ,

    I would LOVE the ability to enter "canned" trip notes. For example, I have to manually type "TIP NOT INCLUDED" as a note for my chauffeurs to appear on their trip sheet. It would be great if we could add canned trip messages via a drop down box and just click and go. I am sure I am not the only one who uses the same trip notes to drivers over and over. It would same lots of time!

    Just a suggestion.

  7. #7

    Default I do have a question t you sir,

    Quote Originally Posted by Limo Anywhere, Inc. View Post
    Hello Dustin:

    Thanks for posting your suggestions.

    I will definitely see what can do about adding an "availability checker" right to the quote screen because it would make perfect sense to have it there. As an alternative and an immediate workaround, I would like to suggest what Elite had already suggested and that is to use browser tabs or multiple windows.

    The URL to login is fairly simple as it is (manage.mylimobiz.com) but we can certainly see about adding the login link to our main site. We plan on releasing our redesigned website by the end of October and will incorporate it into it.

    I'll add this to our To Do list for this month. Just keep an eye on the login page for new feature release notifications.

    Thanks!

    Max.

    As i can see you are here a lot to answer to questions and concerns about Limoanywhere,so i have a question since my little problem with the software is not resolved even i called and emailed.
    First i want to say that i love the new platform,it works great and is working nicely ,i did change my website background and i needed your guys from website design to update the pages and issue the new links to me to incorporate them into my website(i built the website) and everything went ok and still ok except one detail- when i check with 2 different software my links (and i am very high ranked on organics and i dont want to loose my positions!),it shows that the links from limoanywhere produce an error -code 500-an internal server error -and your guys was supposed to look into logs and find and fix the problem but they didnt,i need you to do something about,its been a week now, check my website yourself www.cata-limo.com, small details like this can screw your website and.....forget about the rest,please come with good news for me.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Just a few issues/suggestions...

    Billing Contact & Passenger Filter buttons don't work. When I try to filter by any header all the information disappears.
    Limozip.com info capture/integration
    "Bill to & Pax Notes" tab not allowing input. What will be the difference when it is working to the "Trip Notes" tab
    Email confirmations to "Additional Passengers" when sending standard confirmation without having to go back and copy that information
    "Reminder" email template when you right click + send email - i.e. "Just wanted to remind you of your scheduled trip tomorrow we will be picking you up at HH:MM at ADDRESS. Thank You." something simple.
    Automatically save route info and or pricing when doing a P2P transfer and save or elect to save to rate table. i.e zip code to zip code or city to city. They have just about all of the airports but it's difficult when doing a non-airport transfer.
    CVS field on the Payment Tab
    Payment Methods: add PayPal, Auth.Net, Invoice

    Sorry the list is so long, perhaps some of the above points have been resolved. I just started working for a limo company and they are clearly not using your software to its full capabilities. I am dragging them kicking and screaming. I think that your software is great and with the new modules it will be even greater.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Closter, NJ, USA
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Definitely agree with the Reminder email. I think it is just a nice courteous email to go out. I mean who forgets...but just show professionalism!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Limo View Post
    Just a few issues/suggestions...

    Billing Contact & Passenger Filter buttons don't work. When I try to filter by any header all the information disappears.
    Limozip.com info capture/integration
    "Bill to & Pax Notes" tab not allowing input. What will be the difference when it is working to the "Trip Notes" tab
    Email confirmations to "Additional Passengers" when sending standard confirmation without having to go back and copy that information
    "Reminder" email template when you right click + send email - i.e. "Just wanted to remind you of your scheduled trip tomorrow we will be picking you up at HH:MM at ADDRESS. Thank You." something simple.
    Automatically save route info and or pricing when doing a P2P transfer and save or elect to save to rate table. i.e zip code to zip code or city to city. They have just about all of the airports but it's difficult when doing a non-airport transfer.
    CVS field on the Payment Tab
    Payment Methods: add PayPal, Auth.Net, Invoice

    Sorry the list is so long, perhaps some of the above points have been resolved. I just started working for a limo company and they are clearly not using your software to its full capabilities. I am dragging them kicking and screaming. I think that your software is great and with the new modules it will be even greater.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cata View Post
    As i can see you are here a lot to answer to questions and concerns about Limoanywhere,so i have a question since my little problem with the software is not resolved even i called and emailed.
    First i want to say that i love the new platform,it works great and is working nicely ,i did change my website background and i needed your guys from website design to update the pages and issue the new links to me to incorporate them into my website(i built the website) and everything went ok and still ok except one detail- when i check with 2 different software my links (and i am very high ranked on organics and i dont want to loose my positions!),it shows that the links from limoanywhere produce an error -code 500-an internal server error -and your guys was supposed to look into logs and find and fix the problem but they didnt,i need you to do something about,its been a week now, check my website yourself www.cata-limo.com, small details like this can screw your website and.....forget about the rest,please come with good news for me.
    cata: James, one of our web guys, actually spoke with me on Friday regarding this and although we tried to figure out what the problem might be, we could not.

    The error is not your typical "500 internal server error". The error you are referring to is produced by the W3C HTML Validator tool and what it points to is something related to Perl script. We don't use Perl anywhere on our network, much less inside our reservation system. Googling this error "Can't locate object method "new" via package "LWP::Protocol::https::Socket"" produces no results that we could find particularly useful. The W3C site does not have anything regarding that issue either. We tried just about everything we could find.

    We will continue to dig until we figure out what the problem is. We'll get it resolved one way or another.

    I am not an SEO guru, but I do know a thing or two and I can assure you that these errors will not affect your site ranking in any way. The errors are not your typical HTML markup errors, they are errors that Googlebot would not care about at all. Besides, the pages in question are located on our servers and away from your main site so your site cannot be penalized for something that does not even reside on the same server or domain.

    We will keep you posted on the progress.

  11. #11

    Default

    Hello LA Limo:

    I will address each line item individually:

    1. Billing Contact & Passenger Filter buttons don't work. When I try to filter by any header all the information disappears.
    Not quite sure what you mean by this. It would probably be best if you contacted our support team so that they can clear this up. You can reach them at 888-888-0302 option 2.

    2. Limozip.com info capture/integration
    Our API allows anyone to integrate with us and send us reservations, quotes, request rates or do lots of other things. It would be up to LimoZip.com to integrate with us, so feel free to write them a note. To be honest, I don't know how many of our customers use LimoZip or vice versa, but it may make sense to them if enough operators request it.

    3. "Bill to & Pax Notes" tab not allowing input. What will be the difference when it is working to the "Trip Notes" tab
    The Bill To & Pax Notes tab is designed to be read only so that you could store any account related notes on their account that are to be applied to all reservations and then use Trip Notes for any "on the fly" additions. If the Bill To & Pax notes were editable, then there would not be anything that would set them apart from Trip Notes. Every operator is different, so I won't speak for everyone, but this made more sense to a lot of people we surveyed.

    4. Email confirmations to "Additional Passengers" when sending standard confirmation without having to go back and copy that information
    This is a good one. I'll be sure to add this to our Wish List.

    5. "Reminder" email template when you right click + send email - i.e. "Just wanted to remind you of your scheduled trip tomorrow we will be picking you up at HH:MM at ADDRESS. Thank You." something simple.
    Believe it or not, but this was just suggested by Jorge Sanchez at Hermes Worldwide last week. This was pretty much exactly what he suggested. It is on our To Do list for November. So stay tuned!

    6. Automatically save route info and or pricing when doing a P2P transfer and save or elect to save to rate table. i.e zip code to zip code or city to city. They have just about all of the airports but it's difficult when doing a non-airport transfer.
    The route info will be saved if the person has an account. If the person does not have an account then we have nothing to associate the route with. The price to rate table saving may not work very well because the rates may be different from one reservation to another. It could be because of a miscellaneous fee, a promo rate or something else that is non-standard. You may end up with 15 rates for the same From and To zip codes and they will all be different. It may make more sense to just setup all the rates and zones.

    7. CVS field on the Payment Tab
    Card verification codes cannot be stored per PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) regulations. If you are storing them, then you are actively violating the regulations. And if your software vendor is allowing you to store them, then they are clearly not a PCI-DSS compliant, much less PCI-DSS certified solution. The reason why we have on the Payment Popup (aka Virtual Terminal) is because we can pass it for processing but we cannot store it.

    8. Payment Methods: add PayPal, Auth.Net, Invoice
    Payment Methods are generally Credit Card, Cash, Check, Direct Bill/Invoice, etc. PayPal and Authorize.Net is not a payment method, it is a way for you to process a payment. We are currently integrated with 12 payment gateways, including Authorize.net and two PayPal versions.

    I think you may benefit from speaking with our tech guys or possibly even attending one of our many daily online training sessions. I know you said you were new to this, so do give us a call. It'll help you and the company you are working for.

    Thanks,
    Max

  12. #12

    Default

    Thanks,i am not an expert in this matter either and when i see an error like this i panic but now that you explain me a bit more detailed i feel better,However,i hope you guys will figure out something soon ,all i can say is before i changed the links,the old version was working properly ,thanks again .

  13. #13
    Senior Member HeavenOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,033
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    How about not sell our contact info to third party vendors? Had an annoying call today from one of the merchant providers who said they are calling "on behalf of Limo Anywhere." Pushy and rude salesman.

  14. #14

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenOnWheels View Post
    How about not sell our contact info to third party vendors? Had an annoying call today from one of the merchant providers who said they are calling "on behalf of Limo Anywhere." Pushy and rude salesman.
    We NEVER sell our customer's information to anyone.

    We have a website called LimoMerchant.com which we operate in partnership with Merchant Warehouse. You completed a form on LimoMerchant.com on September 12 at about 6:45pm CST and provided your contact details on it. I can forward it to you if you'd like.

    I will request a recording of the call that was made to you from Merchant Warehouse and have them address the sales person's behavior, but this was definitely not an unsolicited phone call.

    And as for "brandon1"'s comments regarding LANet, anyone who is using Limo Anywhere can view your info on LANet. But you would have to have a license of Limo Anywhere to access it and we don't sell our software to third-party companies so they can "steal" your information. They can go to NLA for that. They'll sell them the entire member base for $250.

    Thanks,
    Max.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •