Thread: Good Quality Backlinks??

Default Good Quality Backlinks??

I started using this website when we began to start our limo bus business and I found it very informative, and its almost addicting now! There is so much to learn from real live fellow limo operators...

but now after learning more about SEO and backlinks, we are trying to increase our search ranking on google, and what I have learned is that being a top commenter is ideal, obviously as long as it is not spam and it provides good quality, relevant input to the discussion.

SO my question is is this a good website for backlinks? Is every post considered a relevant backlink? Has posting here increased your rank??

Any tips or suggestions are welcome too!

Thanks for your input!

Insight Limo

877-619-0170

www.InsightLimo.com

It depends on the system used on this form. But links on a forum like this has little no value. Google has made changes in the last few weeks and links on a site like this really have no value, now.

I think a bit differently i have some changes and it always depends on the nature of the link if the page is do follow then your back link counts if its not (no-follow) crawler cannot read the links on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo-Service View Post
    It depends on the system used on this form. But links on a forum like this has little no value. Google has made changes in the last few weeks and links on a site like this really have no value, now.
    I agree. I am not a big fan of building backlinks with forum footer links either. If this method would be powerful, spammers would have the highest rankings. Instead I would concentrate on publishing good content (articles, blogs) and sharing it. This is not the cheapest way to approach link building, but it will give you two things: credibility and backlinks.

I went to check out your website and it's running extremely slow. Top listings become a moot point if people can't get to your website. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch?
    Austin Party Bus
    Texas Party Bus - Contact me to be listed.
    Limousine Fares - Contact me to be featured in your city.

Smile

Well truly in most cases you will find that it is a complete and total waste of time to attempt to gain SE credibility from various blogs and forums. The reason for this is that when blogs and forums are set up, in most cases the developer will add nofollow to the HTML of their linking structure which then tells the search engines to disregard the link and continue on. So how can you find out if its worth it or not? What you need to do is install firefox as your browser, type in NoDoFollow + firefox addons. Once it is downloaded, go to tools in your browser and click on NoDoFollow in the drop down menu. After selecting it you will now see all links in the browser highlighted in either purple for Follow or pink for NoFollow which you want to avoid as there is no value to NoFollow. I believe the color scheme in which they are displayed should be the same but if not just check out a couple of blogs and try to determine which color is NoFollow.

AND, yes this site does allow your sites links to be read!!!

Car Service Dallas
    Dallas Corporate Sedan Service
    Last edited by Select Transportation; March 30th, 2011 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBusIA View Post
    I went to check out your website and it's running extremely slow. Top listings become a moot point if people can't get to your website. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch?
    I agree! Austin Party Bus your bus is really nice! Did you do it yourself? Looks like Brandon helped you out with your website? Looks good!
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com
    www.corpuschristipartybus.com

It all depends on your mentality. Think about it this way... what is google's purpose? They want to provide the highest quality searches so that people can continue using these services. Do you think that this website is of value to Google? If so, then Google will take that into consideration. I think forums like this are of value to most people. Just by glancing at the variety of topics on this forum, I know that it's of quality.

Now, it's also to have other links as well. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket! Good luck.
    ProLivery has been providing corporate transportation and executive chauffeur services to clients nationwide for 20 years!

I have been battling with SEO for over a year now. Redid my website, followed all the online seo guides. Still haven't figured out google, prolly never will.

From looking at you website I notice that you aren't using meta tag keywords. If your trying to focus on backlinks then the first place is to set up your keywords and description tags in the <meta> section. From there then I would focus on backlinks from directories, forums, and blog post. Also setting up reciprocal links from high page ranking sites to yours also will increase your ranking. That is the basic set up but it can get more confusing I do know of a service that offers this.
    To customize your Limousine Fleet Limo Parts Store or for replacement Parts/Accesories