Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: limousines Start up cost and fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo-Service View Post
    No you can't.
    I depends on how your business is set up, if a sole-proprietorship or partnership, I don't think you have to in MD.

That is why I said to him what is his thinking and plan for doing this. We could go round and round with various issues. We need more info from him.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

What the law is and what the PSC wants is two different things. We have talked about this in another thread. I have had the fight with them already since then they have changed their forms leaning towards being an a$$.

from there site
    Evidence of Workers’ Compensation coverage OR a Certificate of Compliance issued by the Worker’s Compensation Commission. You must contact the Workers’ Compensation Commission at 410-864-5297 or 1-800-492-0479 (outside Metro Baltimore) for instructions and application forms.

They don't issue Cerificate of Compliance. Why because in 2003 the states attorney general issued a legal opinion that basicly states you don't need one as a sole proprietor your in compliance by default Please dont tell me that the PSC should comply with the law I have the letters from them and their attorney stating they aren't.
    Last edited by Limo-Service; September 7th, 2010 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo-Service View Post
    No you can't.
    You can if you are an officer or member but I guess it might not be for everyone if for some reason you want to keep WC insurance on yourself... but as a member of the LLC I decided to exclude my wages from the WC basis. Of course I'm in VA but here is the MD form. Hope this helps.
    http://www.iwif.com/pdf/officer%20exclusion%20form.pdf
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax Limo View Post
    You can if you are an officer or member but I guess it might not be for everyone if for some reason you want to keep WC insurance on yourself... but as a member of the LLC I decided to exclude my wages from the WC basis. Of course I'm in VA but here is the MD form. Hope this helps.
    http://www.iwif.com/pdf/officer%20exclusion%20form.pdf
    You can't because of the reason I stated above #32. I have an environmental license in Maryland also in which you can becuase that agency choose to follow the law. What WC law is doesn't matter because the MD PSC is boxing you in between Title 20 and other state codes they make a very good legal argument that I don't agree with. With the help of my legal team I have found the only solution to beating these a$$holes and you must already have a license otherwise get the insurance or pay 30k to a lawyer.

Limo wire, I plan to get on the corporate side of the business. I am in process of writing my business plan now. The problem Im having now is the start up cost for everything. Getting the right permitt so my cars wont be fined in the state of maryland. I have also worked a little in the business. Right now my full time job is a high school teacher. I understand there is alot more I have to do. My start up money is not alot so Im trying to be smart with my money.

Quote Originally Posted by smart driver View Post
    My start up money is not alot so Im trying to be smart with my money.
    So having said that, may I then ask: have you ruled out just waiting until you are in a better financial position by saving more money?
    Is finding a partner to invest not an option?
    Also, why the corporate market?
    Is it your intent to supplement your current job? Or to eventually replace it?
    Karl Jones