Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Michelin Energy LX4 Tires ?

  1. #1

    Default Michelin Energy LX4 Tires ?

    I have been trying to get new tires for one of my limousines

    I have a 2007 120" Lincoln executive coach

    Michelin Energy lx4 245-60-17 size tires and i cant find them anywhere everybody says they are back ordered has any one else had this problem if so where do you get them ?

  2. #2
    Last edited by Limo-Service; August 10th, 2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: found them

  3. #3
    Senior Member Party Bus Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Have you tried Tire Rack? http://www.tirerack.com
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member Fairfax Limo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
    Posts
    191

    Default

    I had an order for 4 in from tirerack and they called last week to say it could be 3 more weeks. The tire is on national backorder, Michelin stopped production. I was able to grab two from tires-easy.com last week and had them installed today. Good luck.
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

    Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

    Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    986
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Yep, national backorder is correct...I think we switched tires as well.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Posts
    1,437
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Just ran into the same problem. We got lucky. Tire Kingdom found us 4. We only needed 2 but considering the situation we got all 4.

  7. #7

    Default

    Don't know about others, however my local Ford/ Lincoln dealer has plenty in stock.

  8. #8

    Default

    Well i can t find those tires anywhere so what other tire would everybody recommend ....i am going crazy over this thing any help would be appreciated !

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3

    Post Michelin Hydroedge Tires

    Michelin Hydroedge tires are working nicely on my Town Car, are made of low-rolling-resistance material, and are supposed to last 90,000 miles (perhaps they would not last so long on a stretch due to the greater weight and possibly other forces). Costco has them and from time to time offers $70 off a set of four Michelin tires. Some reviews on Tire Rack say they are noisy but I haven't noticed a problem.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Michelin Hydroedge tires are working nicely on my Town Car, are made of low-rolling-resistance material, and are supposed to last 90,000 miles (perhaps they would not last so long on a stretch due to the greater weight and possibly other forces). Costco has them and from time to time offers $70 off a set of four Michelin tires. Some reviews on Tire Rack say they are noisy but I haven't noticed a problem.
    But I am sure these are not the right size for the stretch. The tires that go on a stretch are different than those on a sedan. Also, you need a higher load rating.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Google Product Search

    Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    But I am sure these are not the right size for the stretch. The tires that go on a stretch are different than those on a sedan. Also, you need a higher load rating.
    Right. Thanks, BLVD Limo.

    Google Product Search, http://www.google.com/products , is a good way to find all kinds of things. There are a few listings for these tires (and others of the same size, but I don't know about compatibility). One would have to check with the shops individually for availability.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    387

    Default

    I was having the same problem, my buddy pointed me towards a suitable substitute, Yokohama AVID ENVigor 235 65r17. They have the same load carrying capacity and are actually significantly cheaper than the Michelin's.

    I tried all my local retailers as well as four different online stores, two of them mentioned here, no one had the Michelin's, it was easy to get these ordered though.

  13. #13
    Senior Member kslust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    I was having the same problem, my buddy pointed me towards a suitable substitute, Yokohama AVID ENVigor 235 65r17. They have the same load carrying capacity and are actually significantly cheaper than the Michelin's.

    I tried all my local retailers as well as four different online stores, two of them mentioned here, no one had the Michelin's, it was easy to get these ordered though.
    Have you actually tried this suggestion? If so, does it fit properly and ride ok (quiet and good handling). The reason I ask is that those are 108H (same load rating with a higher speed rating). These are cheap enough to go on sedans or limos and still be capable to handle the load???

    In the process of getting some new tires and trying to find a good alternative to the michelins. Thanks!
    Very Respectfully,

    Karl S. Lust

    Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

    "If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"


    Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •