Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drive Cam Alternatives

Smile Drive Cam Alternatives

Does anyone have experience with the following systems: www.smartdrive.net , www.zen-tinel.com , www.axiwincam.com , or www.roscovision.com ?
    Dean Schuler

I can vouch for roscovision. I had my insurance company give me a unit to evaluate. What you see on thier website is what you get in reality. It's a great system, easy to install, easier to use. Clear picture front and rear (units with 2 direction camers) and infared sensor for night vision in drivers compartment. I have a one car operation and can highly recommend the Rosco I have.

By the way...mine is the DV101

http://www.gnglimoservice.com

REGESS does it record all the time or does it have a sensitivity setting like Drive Cam?

It can be wired into an electrical box provided that can be set up to record when engine is started and then record for pre determined increments after engine is shut off. Or it can be hard wired to record all the time but the SD card I have will only record up to 14 hrs. then it records over oldest info. It also comes with an aux. plug that can be powered by cigarette lighter or aux.plug (5-12V). Oh yeah, Regess is my handle, rick is my name......G&G Limousine www.gnglimoservice.com

I've got another suggestion for you: Digital Ally. The in-car video systems are very established in law enforcement and the new limo/taxi/fleet model will be available in the next month or so. Take a look at the brochure: http://www.digitalallyinc.com/pdf/Di...ly_DVM-250.pdf.

I know one of the guys over at Digital Ally. They are a local company for me. I think I am going to check these things out. I will let you all know what I think.

Michael from Digital Ally, did you attend the Kris Kobach function last Saturday (Oct 16) at Community America Ballpark? I was in Suite 25. I think you might have had the suite next door to the one I was in.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Michael what is the cost of this unit with the recorder?

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Michael from Digital Ally, did you attend the Kris Kobach function last Saturday (Oct 16) at Community America Ballpark? I was in Suite 25. I think you might have had the suite next door to the one I was in.
    I wasn't there, but we had quite a few of our team there - we had at least 5 of the suites.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Michael what is the cost of this unit with the recorder?
    I'm actually not in that department so I'm not 100% sure, plus there's the DVM-250 event recorder as well as a DVM-250Plus model (which has a backup camera that activates a hidden monitor behind the 1-way mirror glass of the event recorder), so there's different pricing options. You might want to shoot an email over to sales@digitalallyinc.com and they can tell you everything you'd want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    REGESS does it record all the time or does it have a sensitivity setting like Drive Cam?
    It has switches you can use to set record time to specific amount of time or you can set it up to record all the time. You can also have it record up to a certain amount of time after vehicle is shut off.

Tim, I will stop by their booth at the TLPA SHOW next week in L.A.
    Dean Schuler

And your findings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Schuler View Post
    Tim, I will stop by their booth at the TLPA SHOW next week in L.A.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

3rd eye cam www.3rdeyecam.com Advance EDR Systems www.envisioncam.com Digital Ally www.digitalallyinc.com Gobiz Corp. www.gobizcorp.com Glonex, Inc. www.glonex.net Safety Vision www.safetyvision.com VerifEye technologies www.verifeye.com Zen-tinel, Inc. www.zen-tinel.com These vendors are worth looking at.
    Last edited by Dean Schuler; November 2nd, 2010 at 06:03 AM.
    Dean Schuler

So far I like Digitial Ally the best and we are going to give them a try.
    Dean Schuler