Thread: 20 or Life

Default 20 or Life

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband is not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to
    look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the
    wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.

"What's the matter, dear?", she whispers as she steps into the room, "Why are you down here at this time of night?".

The husband looks up from his coffee, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating, and you were only 16?" he asks solemnly.

"Yes I do" she replies.

The husband pauses. The words are not coming easily.

"Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?"

"Yes, I remember" says the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.

The husband continues. "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, either you marry my daughter, or I'll send you to jail for 20 years?"

"I remember that too" she replies softly.

He wipes another tear from his cheek and says,

"I would have gotten out today".
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Gunny, this is cute, but you're walking on a tight rope making jokes about wives....Didn't your's insist you go to the hospital recently..guess she's in it for life too!

TZN YA! Hope you are feeling better after your surgery and taking care of yourself! Glad to see you're still joking and laughing. That's an important part of healing and staying alive!

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

Unhappy So it's Life, huh

I needed a good laugh today. Worried bout biz as I'm sure alot of us are. Gunny good of you to lighten us up!! 20 Years or Life I've been married 31 years and all I can say is " Different Day same Sh-T I have a saying "the day I said I DO, I Did and Now I'm Done" but what we do without them?

Quote Originally Posted by City Heat View Post
    Gunny, this is cute, but you're walking on a tight rope making jokes about wives....Didn't your's insist you go to the hospital recently..guess she's in it for life too!

TZN YA! Hope you are feeling better after your surgery and taking care of yourself! Glad to see you're still joking and laughing. That's an important part of healing and staying alive!

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine
    Speaking of walking... in the confusion the wife didn't pull up to the Emergency Room Doors... she parked in the lot & in the middle of a heart attack, I walked the walk from the lot into the hospital thinking , "why didn't she just drop me off at the door". Not that I don't rub this in here & there :-).

Why to husbands normally die before their wives?

Because they want to!! :-)
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Laughing Laughing! !!! Surprised with your military background you didn't just order her to drive up to the ER door! Next time I'm sure she'll handle the situation by the tech manual, as I'm sure you've written and critiqued it by now!

You know you love her and couldn't do without her!!

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

lol it was a great thread today

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Wow, I know this is an old thread but I must have missed it. Thanks Gunny I needed a good laugh !!!