Thread: Limobus accident

Default Limobus accident

A limousine and party bus service in our area recently had an accident. This led to a much bigger story. News links below.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

Follow up story:

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

Blog Entries

Canada has the strictest laws when it comes to buses and non qvm limos.

They have advertised one bus for sale in May and I tried emailing twice to no avail. At least I know the company name now.

Blog Entries

This is why I will never have a bus with the entry door in the passenger area. I like the cut-away style buses that I can install a wall between the passenger area and the entry door. We always tell clients at the beginning of each run that they are not allowed to walk through the wall area to the front of the bus when it's moving. Now if we can just get them to STOP trying to open the rear windows by pulling the emergency handles. I think I will install alarms on those.

One of my competitors had a bus with air doors in the middle of the bus, these doors kept losing pressure (default position open) and they were using bungy-cords to hold the door shut... this is NOT a good thing, especially when the door is in the middle of the bus.

That's a good idea Digger i know of a company that ran the wall on an angle from behind the driver to in front of the entry door then they mounted the radio and the controll's on the wall. Well a guy (drunk) messing with the radio stumbling grabed the emergence exit handle above the door the door came open and he fell out the door at 50 mph. always mount your control's etc. away from door's.

Blog Entries

Just get shuttle bus seating (all foreward facing) and insist that every one stays seated and belted while the bus is in motion. Yeah, like that will work. LOL

From the pic, it looks like kids are stacked 3 deep in there, lol

Wow that sucks for the owner! Also for the kid that got injured! My drivers always inspect the buses before they roll out. If something is wrong then we either switch to another bus or send a limo! But our rules in Denver are different, we are allowed to stock the wet bar!
    "Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

www.limoservicedenver.com

Blog Entries

The problem in this case is that everyone were below the age of 19(canada's legal age is 19) so no alcohol should have been allowed. I started bringing on a second person on the bus during the prom season to make sure rules were being followed. With driving a smaller bus, maybe you don't need a second person but with a big motorcoach yes you do.

Look at the recent article from New Mexico area party bus, where he had two security guards, one in the back and one in the front.

Or to save money, tell the group that they will need a parent or two to tag long.

Do companies with party buses have rules about standing up while the bus is moving? What is the reality of what occurs on those runs?
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TxLimoGuy View Post
    Do companies with party buses have rules about standing up while the bus is moving? What is the reality of what occurs on those runs?
    for us, we have a "standee line" and a sign that says stay behind the line while bus is in motion thats required by the state of michigan. thats only for the driver though. so depending on how you set your partition up they can legally stand by the door. my drivers yell at them if they see them, but most of the time they are focused on driving. i personally like the bus with the manual door thats in the driver compartment.

Blog Entries

On a school bus if they stand up while the bus is moving they can receive a bus suspension. Now try telling a drunk that he will receive a bus suspension if he does not sit down and see how far you get. Like I said, they only respect you for about the first 30 minutes and then the booze kicks in. I just tried to drive slow and easy when I drove the Limo buses. Now on a motor coach it is a little different because all you have is a narrow aisle to stand in and the risk is not quiet as great.

I have many party bus operations that use games with prizes through the run to help keep the charter members under control.

As far as standing while in motion, that is the #2 worry that insurance companies have. The #1 worry is the actual party and the use of call them what you like "stipper poles" to aggrivate the parties.