Thread: Anyone do anything with schools for charity/academics

Default Anyone do anything with schools for charity/academics

I am looking for ways to participate with local schools to improve academic performance through the use of limo donations. At the same time, this would obviously be used as a marketing tool to show we are a part of the community we serve and do good things.

Anyone doing anything with schools that you would share here please????
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Maybe do something for honor roll students or even kids in special education. Tie it into a dance they have.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

HOW DISMAL! I thought for sure our industry would be involved in supporting local schools around the country and I could pickup so new ideas of things already going on. None of you donate to local schools? Not one of you?????
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

I "donate" my property taxes to my local school board that squanders the money on schools that I cannot send my kids to. I then "donate" another 15k each year for schools that I can send my kids to.

Not on a donation basis, we charge, but for thier fund raisers they have the "Limo Lunch" where we take the top 10 or 20 sellers out to pizza and the like. Would be nice to offer your services as a donation as they maybe paying for it already from another vendor. Easy story for the local paper as well.

Ah Just reread. For academic perfomance specifically if you have a group going to the national acedemic decathelon they usualy have to raise money for the trip. A donation there would be good (limo for an evening raffle prize) or a pledge for a certain percentage of your profits for a month (hopefully get the parents using you to bump up the total)
    Last edited by Steve W.; May 11th, 2010 at 12:16 PM.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Love your response Wade! Steve, you just don't get what I am trying to say. For instance, a lady in Las Vegas provides rides for perfect attendance and straight A's on report cards to a few schools. Someone else does donations for perfect attendance (that equates to more learning time).

I am not talking about candy companies or gift card companies paying for top sellers to go eat pizza. I am not talking about academic decathalons. I am talking about connecting with schools through donations to help improve kids desire to learn while serving the community in a positive way.

Is this more clear to everyone. If I am the only one on the forum doing similar things I am either really smart for doing it or really dumb. Apparently really dumb! Everytime we do it I get newspaper coverage, radio coverage and TV news coverage. It also has resulted in getting the candy and greeting card company sales, teacher parties and yesterday a trip to LAX with a return sometime next week.

I didn't want to keep doing the same things but apparently no one else is doing it.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    I "donate" my property taxes to my local school board that squanders the money on schools that I cannot send my kids to. I then "donate" another 15k each year for schools that I can send my kids to.
    Same boat here Wade. Sorry Jim, it has been busy here and I haven't had a lot of time to keep up. The private schools we support here have auctions to help with the overall cost of tuition. We have given free airport transfers and 5-7 hour charters for them to auction off. As far as charities go - we sponsor holes on charity golf outings, we give airport transfers for door prizes, and we give cash donations.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Sorry about the rambling about charities - just noticed you put "charities" in the subject line, but were more specific.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Smile Donations

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    HOW DISMAL! I thought for sure our industry would be involved in supporting local schools around the country and I could pickup so new ideas of things already going on. None of you donate to local schools? Not one of you?????
    Jim, We donate gift certificates to any school that requests our assistance. The certificates state Sunday to Thursday only and may not be used during any Special Event or Citywide Convention. We donate gift certificates to charities frequently.
    Dean Schuler

The schools need to teach Cognition & Advanced reading skills.
    Dean Schuler

Thanks Dean!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA