Thread: Limousine SEO

Default Limousine SEO

As a ten year veteran in the SEO industry, I wanted to offer some “free” advice. I say “free”, because this is a beneficial article for all.

This is your first SEO lesson: Use what you know to create content that will legitimately be enjoyed by all.

You get some advice that lead my client to a record sales year. I get some free traffic from a rank 4 forum.

The first thing I want to talk to about is user pathing. How a user traffics your site, what pages they go to, and how they get there. Why is this important? How users travel through your site is exceptionally important. It tells the search engine without a doubt that this is interesting stuff! No matter how good or bad your SEO is, a good layout and link structure to ensure the customers view a lot of pages will get you good rankings.

Using www.DesignerLimo.com as an example, our gallery (http://designerlimo.com/Limousine-Gallery.html) is the most viewed page on the site, it’s no secret pictures sell, but pictures are also a reward.

You search for an SUV Limousine from a NY based IP, we are number one (yes your results change based on location, although we should rank high across the country), and it will land you on this page: http://designerlimo.com/SUV-Limousine.html - From that page you can go directly to the picture and movie of your vehicle, resulting in two page clicks. Not a big deal. But, look at this setup closer. The potential customer got exactly what they wanted: Pictures of SUV Limos. Customer is satisfied, we established some credibility and more importantly, we peaked their curiosity. 80% of customers are still nervous to shop online. We just relieved that with accurate results and clean sales page. Now they want to see more!

So you are on this page: http://designerlimo.com/Hummer-Limo.html - What do you do!? Can easily go one click to our reservation page, but most do not. They want to research, see their options and/or see pricing. Which usually leads them to services, or our fleet page. Clicking on either one of these options will bombard you with choices. Leading back to our galleries or one of the service pages. You will be rewarded with ideas, ways to narrow your search results and of course, pictures! Everyone wants pictures.

These are high-end limousines and busses. Even if they are not interested in some of our cars, they are curious to see more. We average three clicks per “reward”. Meaning the customer will trade us three clicks for a picture gallery. Fair trade I think… And by our research that is a comfortable number for the customer. They do not get frustrated and generally comment the site is easy to navigate, while we average over 8 page clicks! That is impressive by any standards.

The lesson here is to plan your layout carefully. Peak the interest of your customer and reward them along the way while you lead them to your final prize: Pictures! Take good detailed pictures of your vehicles. If you do not have an impressive fleet, reward them with your USPs (unique selling points), but make sure to include pictures also.

If you have the lowest price and/or a special package, tease them with it in a pictorial guide. Not just a standard limo pic with ”$99”, but a detailed picture saying you get this car for $99! “Click here to learn how to get this car for $99!” – “Click here to see all available cars for $99”, then make them click again for restrictions or fine print, or click again for contact information etc… Get creative.

An analogy I like to use is SEO is like wearing a nice suit to the show. It makes you a more viable option, but ultimately, your sales pitch (represented by your pathing and link structure) is what is going to convert the customer. Like anything else, you need to sell yourself to the search engine.

Hope this helps, and good luck to all!

went on the site to get a SEO quote and never heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ LIMOUSINE View Post
    went on the site to get a SEO quote and never heard back.
    If you want to be number one in your area I'm your seo man.

Smile Good Post

This is a good teaching post. The internet is important. However, nothing yet invented beats contract work or government work. This post has one part of the puzzle in livery..... Please know that attracting retail clients is not the goal here-listing your chauffeur vetting and training on your website along with the reference letters is crucial if you wish to advance in livery where the steady business-corporate: rules. And never spell buses , busses. That is so very pedestrian....

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerLimo View Post
    As a ten year veteran in the SEO industry, I wanted to offer some “free” advice. I say “free”, because this is a beneficial article for all.

This is your first SEO lesson: Use what you know to create content that will legitimately be enjoyed by all.

You get some advice that lead my client to a record sales year. I get some free traffic from a rank 4 forum.

The first thing I want to talk to about is user pathing. How a user traffics your site, what pages they go to, and how they get there. Why is this important? How users travel through your site is exceptionally important. It tells the search engine without a doubt that this is interesting stuff! No matter how good or bad your SEO is, a good layout and link structure to ensure the customers view a lot of pages will get you good rankings.

Using www.DesignerLimo.com as an example, our gallery (http://designerlimo.com/Limousine-Gallery.html) is the most viewed page on the site, it’s no secret pictures sell, but pictures are also a reward.

You search for an SUV Limousine from a NY based IP, we are number one (yes your results change based on location, although we should rank high across the country), and it will land you on this page: http://designerlimo.com/SUV-Limousine.html - From that page you can go directly to the picture and movie of your vehicle, resulting in two page clicks. Not a big deal. But, look at this setup closer. The potential customer got exactly what they wanted: Pictures of SUV Limos. Customer is satisfied, we established some credibility and more importantly, we peaked their curiosity. 80% of customers are still nervous to shop online. We just relieved that with accurate results and clean sales page. Now they want to see more!

So you are on this page: http://designerlimo.com/Hummer-Limo.html - What do you do!? Can easily go one click to our reservation page, but most do not. They want to research, see their options and/or see pricing. Which usually leads them to services, or our fleet page. Clicking on either one of these options will bombard you with choices. Leading back to our galleries or one of the service pages. You will be rewarded with ideas, ways to narrow your search results and of course, pictures! Everyone wants pictures.

These are high-end limousines and busses. Even if they are not interested in some of our cars, they are curious to see more. We average three clicks per “reward”. Meaning the customer will trade us three clicks for a picture gallery. Fair trade I think… And by our research that is a comfortable number for the customer. They do not get frustrated and generally comment the site is easy to navigate, while we average over 8 page clicks! That is impressive by any standards.

The lesson here is to plan your layout carefully. Peak the interest of your customer and reward them along the way while you lead them to your final prize: Pictures! Take good detailed pictures of your vehicles. If you do not have an impressive fleet, reward them with your USPs (unique selling points), but make sure to include pictures also.

If you have the lowest price and/or a special package, tease them with it in a pictorial guide. Not just a standard limo pic with ”$99”, but a detailed picture saying you get this car for $99! “Click here to learn how to get this car for $99!” – “Click here to see all available cars for $99”, then make them click again for restrictions or fine print, or click again for contact information etc… Get creative.

An analogy I like to use is SEO is like wearing a nice suit to the show. It makes you a more viable option, but ultimately, your sales pitch (represented by your pathing and link structure) is what is going to convert the customer. Like anything else, you need to sell yourself to the search engine.

Hope this helps, and good luck to all!
    Last edited by Dean Schuler; July 18th, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Dean Schuler

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerLimo View Post

But, look at this setup closer. The potential customer got exactly what they wanted: Pictures of SUV Limos. Customer is satisfied, we established some credibility and more importantly, we peaked their curiosity. 80% of customers are still nervous to shop online. We just relieved that with accurate results and clean sales page. Now they want to see more!
    Good post and nice site...except, nothing drives me nuttier than a page that is slightly wider than my screen. I hate having to scroll sideways a 1/4" to see the whole page. Close, but needs a little more detail. Welcome to the forum.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Thank you for your post. Some information is well received. Your site is very entertaining and definetely keeps the interest of the client. Im not sure how this is used or if this is used effectively to convert. Maybe your next post could expound a little on that.

I completely agree with the idea of carefully organizing your layout to in a way "move" your traffic in a certain direction. One thing you can add on while applying these methods to your site would be to take advantage of smart internet advertising by setting up landing pages showing exactly what you want the client to see. This can become a huge conversion tool for those of you running Adwords campaigns because it takes the middle steps out and sends them directly to the good stuff such as pricing and fleet images!

Dallas Car Service
    Dallas Corporate Car Service

Ever see so many "say nothing" bullshit hot link spammers in one thread?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Ever see so many "say nothing" bullshit hot link spammers in one thread?
    I'm a moderator on a very active webmaster forum. Trust me when I say this is very minor here (yet still annoying). The other forum has policies in place that your signature will not show until you have 10 posts. (They are set "no-follow" anyhow, so you get no link benefit for SEO anyhow) On one hand, it just guarantees 10 junk posts for each spammer, on the other, makes it easier to spot to kill the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
    I'm a moderator on a very active webmaster forum. Trust me when I say this is very minor here (yet still annoying). The other forum has policies in place that your signature will not show until you have 10 posts. (They are set "no-follow" anyhow, so you get no link benefit for SEO anyhow) On one hand, it just guarantees 10 junk posts for each spammer, on the other, makes it easier to spot to kill the account.
    Red Flags pop when a Newb wants to slug it out.. I then run the IP and take it from there. 2 of the so called CT operators IP's are located in Morocco.. Bye, bye scammers...
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

yeah, I caught the thread before it got cleaned up ;-)