Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credit cards

With PayPal you can accept MC, Visa, AMEX, and Discover. You can call it in to someone with internet access or use a laptop wireless connection.

Quote Originally Posted by BARRED1 View Post
    I don't want to seem stupid here ...but if you use pay pal ...can you actually use a credit card? Can you call it in or do you need to have internet ? Thanks
    The regular PayPal account has NO voice authorization feature, you will have to get their PayFlow service which is much more expensive with $30 per month fee.
    This is why I recommend going with a regular merchant account.

Thanks,
    Jamal Assaf
    Creative Software & Consulting LLC
    http://www.limowiz.com
    Voice: 973-625-1604

I just switched to Blue Pay and I love the virtual terminal and how easy it is to look through past transactions. But I'm thinking of switching to quick books so I'll save on data entry time.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

I use Sam's Club Merchant Service. You get a 3 month trial period before committing to a 4 year contract. Cost is $46 per month and includes an FD-400 handheld device that process credit cards and fits inside the armrest. Rate of 1.49% is locked in for the next 3 years. Amex is about 3.4%. The CC processor works great btw.

Wow a 4 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo-Service View Post
    Wow a 4 year contract.

You have 3 mos to decided to commit or not. For people in this for the long haul 4 years isn't a big deal. There's no complaints about Sam's Club and that is very rare with other merchants account services.

But if you have a complaint what's your options with a 4 year contract.

I use my local bank. Funds are deposited at the end of the business day. Rate is low, commitment is 1 yr. I recommend using the bank you normally bank with. Usually you can get your funds fast...no 3-5 days of waiting.

There are so many companies competing right now, I would stay away from any time committing contracts.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

If you guys don't mind me pitching our service, then I would recommend visiting LimoMerchant.com and filling out a quick pre-app. We have an agreement with Merchant Warehouse who will provide you with a free comparison/estimate. And if you are using Limo Anywhere already, you can save on payment gateway fees because we just recently integrated their payment gateway called MarchantWARE that they give away for free.

So to sum it up, if you use Limo Anywhere and sign up with Merchant Warehouse through LimoMerchant.com, you can save yourself about $15-20+ per month automatically by not using Authorize.net or whatever gateway you are using now, plus potentially save on processing fees. And if you are not yet using Limo Anywhere, then you should at least have them give you a rate comparison so that you can compare it side-by-side with other providers and see what makes sense.

They do not lock you into any long term contracts unless you are actually getting the physical terminals and are not buying them outright. But same would apply to any equipment leases.

Thanks,
    Max.

Well, this is month three with Sam's Club and I plan on terminating their service in the next few weeks before the trial period is up. Don't use them, they will screw you on a number of fees no one else has ever heard of.

good thing u didnt sign a 4 year contract lol
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

I strongly recommend PayPal. It's much faster and easier to set up than a merchant account, and they provide lots of options for processing payments: Virtual terminal, smartphone apps, website integration, etc.

Depending on the type of account you have, PayPal pays interest monthly if you maintain a balance, and you can recover a portion of your transaction fees if you use their debit card instead of transferring funds to your bank.

We use Merchant Services. We tried Pay Pal , must have did somthing wrong. The kept 30 % for up to 90 days. We now have an option that our driver can carry a small pocket swiper. We get info up front and if we need to add anything we can just swipe it in the car. We then just plug into our terminal and download. Our system sends a email invoice to the customer. So far our customers love that. Rates are 1.65 % for most cards. This is the best overall priced service we found. After ten years of business we just started taking CC in the last year. We spent about 3 monthes researching different options before we started and have changed services 3 times to get better service. NO CONTRACT. We do not want to get locked in with any one service.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Anyone heard of NorthAmerican Bancard? Below is the email he sent me:

Thank you very much for taking the time to discuss your business merchant account with me today. I have included links to my companies website addresses, BBB Rating, and a blind quote. Keep in mind these rates may be lowered depending on your processing volume and how you are taking payments. What I will do for you is a side by side comparison on your PayPal account charges and the rates we can offer your company. The great thing about my company is that we can build a custom solution around your business. For example; wireless terminals, virtual terminals, credit card software, website payments (Check & CC), check acceptance, Gift Card Programs and the list goes on. Low rates are important but we realize that customer service and support are just as important. If you decide to move forward with my company you will have access to 24 hour technical and customer support, along with my personal contact information. I will show you how much money I can put back into your business and explain in detail how we can do this. Keep in mind the quote I have attached was done without knowing the types of cards you take or approximate monthly volume. I will reassess the rates based upon you providing me a merchant statement or a transaction detail from PayPal. I will follow up with you in a few days but feel free to call anytime with questions or concerns. I provided my cell phone number in case you have questions after 6pm.

BBB Rating – Click Here

My Business Website – Click Here

Our Corporate Website – Click Here

My Biz Perks – Click Here
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com