Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit cards

Default Credit cards

Can anyone give me an idea on the best route to go on accepting credit cards. Someone else suggested a company called Elavon. I just want to able to call the card in and not have to use a machine. Also hopefully for a minimal cost. I have been able to get away without using it for 7 years but we are starting to get alot of requests for it. I also have a Tavern and all we have is a ATM. We have not accepted credit cards there for 14 years. But might try it there too. Thanks

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BARRED1 View Post
    Can anyone give me an idea on the best route to go on accepting credit cards. Someone else suggested a company called Elavon. I just want to able to call the card in and not have to use a machine. Also hopefully for a minimal cost. I have been able to get away without using it for 7 years but we are starting to get alot of requests for it. I also have a Tavern and all we have is a ATM. We have not accepted credit cards there for 14 years. But might try it there too. Thanks
    I am pretty sure you can have a CC machine in your bar and have it set up to accept cards for 2 different businesses (your bar and limo company) - this way you could call in the card to your bar and have them run it.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

There is another gut in the area that has a limo Company that just calls them in, and says money is in his account with-in 48 hours. I'm just not sure what they charge...I believe 2 or 3 percent. If I decide not to use the Tavern> What do you use ? What do they charge? Thanks

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

We use Paypal's Virtual Terminal. It ends up being around 3% (varies with different CC's) with a $30 charge every month. We chose Paypal because at the time we had two different offices in two different locations which a virtual terminal seemed to be ideal. We have been happy so far with their services.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

My boss uses PayPal also.
    John Doggett
    Chauffeur with Perks Limos
    www.perkslimo.com
    www.facebook.com/perkslimousine <-Become a fan please

I use SecPay - seems pretty simple I can call in or run cards online - mobile terminals are arund $1400 plus they only work where cell coverage is, plus you have to pay an additional $30 a month for the wireless service, plus the fees for the processing on top of that

Blog Entries

I also use Paypal VT. Some operators think it's cheesy for me to be using it but honestly I feel that it's about the best deal out there and super easy to use. I love the Paypal debit card and the option of running cards from either computer or laptop.

This is another option. https://epay.propay.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I also use Paypal VT. Some operators think it's cheesy for me to be using it but honestly I feel that it's about the best deal out there and super easy to use. I love the Paypal debit card and the option of running cards from either computer or laptop.
    Plus the funds are available immediately and their debit card gives 1% cash back when you use it as credit card.

Blog Entries

I know a guy that uses ProPay, he claims he has a $500 limit per day... is this normal or is it just his account?

Digger from what I can tell from the site you can up grade to any plan. I was thinking about using this service for those that have GOV credit cards as they don't seem to work with paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo-Service View Post
    I was thinking about using this service for those that have GOV credit cards as they don't seem to work with paypal.
    With paypal, just make sure to classify the business "Category" correctly. I had this problem with an IRS client last year. I think I set up the account as a "service" instead of selecting the "travel" category.

We run our credit cards through our software, FastTrak. FastTrak uses Pay Pal as the backbone and that enables us to use Pay Pal VT anywhere we have access to the Internet.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Quote Originally Posted by BARRED1 View Post
    Hello,

Normally, voice authorizations incur an extra fee; this is standard with every credit card processing company, but it is always available for merchants.

You have three options:
    1. A credit card machine where you enter your credit card info and print a receipt and perform various functions.
    2. A web based virtual terminal where you enter credit card information on a web form and charge amount.
    A virtual terminal allows you to process sales, pre authorizations, and post authorizations and to issue voids and credits.
    3. Credit card processing gateway like Authorize.net and MerchantWare gateways. We currently integrate our LimoWiz software with those gateways and this means increased productivity especially when dealing with repeat customers.

PayPal and Google Checkout are two other options, but be aware refunds and voids may result in extra charges that are more than a regular merchant account.

Merchant Warehouse is our recommend partner and can help you establish a merchant account for your business and provide you with the necessary equipment or web based virtual terminal . Please go to http://www.limowiz.com/creditcard.htm for more info.

There is setup fee or account termination fee.

Thanks,
    Jamal Assaf
    Creative Software & Consulting LLC
    http://www.limowiz.com
    Voice: 973-625-1604
    Last edited by Creative Software; April 30th, 2010 at 03:26 PM.

I don't want to seem stupid here ...but if you use pay pal ...can you actually use a credit card? Can you call it in or do you need to have internet ? Thanks