Thread: New bar

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Default New bar

We are thinking of updating the bar in our 120. Can we just call a builder and order a bar or are there other suppliers? Now it has the black laquar that scratches easy and I don't really like it. I would love a rose wood bar.

Who built your car? you will proably have to have it custom made.

If its just the wood you want different...I say take it our hire a contractor to build you one like it but with the changes you want and put it right back in.
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com
    www.corpuschristipartybus.com

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

I wish I could just order a nice bar for a 120 so I can just switch them out and not spend too much time on this. I wonder if I call E.C.B. if they would sell me a bar...
    www.palmcoastlimos.info

Blog Entries

Check local custom kitchen counter builders, they may be able to do an overlay using a rosewood formica. I have a granite counter builder next to my shop that says it would be easy for them to overlay a granite counter top over anything in my buses or limousines.

Personally I would try this myself, Lowes sells formica material in 4 x 8 sheets, you could make a cardboard template of the bar, transfer that to the sheet and cut it out. They also sell the glue to attach it to the existing bar and trim material. The entire job could be done yourself for around $100 bucks.

Time spent would only be a few hours. Time down on the car would only be a few hours too because it could still be running till the overlay is glued to the bar.
    Last edited by Digger; April 8th, 2010 at 04:07 AM.