Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: God is taking all my favorite people.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Moshe these private plans won't be available in the future after the insurance companies are forced to take everyone. Then the only option of course will be good ole uncle same to step in and give us the shaft or public option. This was the plan all along.
    I did some reading and I see your point. I am just trying to figure out how come that I have one of the best insurance plans that you can get and I still can't afford buying my medication, I was insured for over 40 years under "government" plans in 2 countries and never had a problem to get health car or medications. For me the question is simple, would I be able to get this medication? from what I read it looks like the answer is yes, so, for me, it is good.
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

The difference for me Moshe is that I made a free choice to pay for insurance. I did it with MY money and MY decision. Now, it appears that as an employer, I am going to be forced to buy insurance for 57 employees. If I could not afford that now, why would I be able to afford that next year? Why is the government mandating that I must provide that? Is it good for the employees? Yes! It is fantastic for them. For small businesses, it seems like a death sentence.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    The difference for me Moshe is that I made a free choice to pay for insurance. I did it with MY money and MY decision. Now, it appears that as an employer, I am going to be forced to buy insurance for 57 employees. If I could not afford that now, why would I be able to afford that next year? Why is the government mandating that I must provide that? Is it good for the employees? Yes! It is fantastic for them. For small businesses, it seems like a death sentence.
    Again, from what I read, it will cost you 7% to insure the people who work for you (and everybody knows that you care for them, right?). Maybe you should think about it as a raise, or a bonus? (I found some info here http://www.pnhp.org/facts/single-payer-faq I did not compare this info to other sources!)
    Last edited by TBLIMO; March 31st, 2010 at 10:17 AM.
    Moshe Leib

Moshe what I have loved about my country is liberty and freedom. This healthcare bill is the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Moshe what I have loved about my country is liberty and freedom. This healthcare bill is the beginning of the end.
    I don't know that the French people don't have liberty and freedom, man they f%#k everywhere!
    Moshe Leib

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    I am really surprised that you don't provide benefits for your employees. I can tell you that the larger limousine services here in CT, NJ, & NJ (those with company owned vehicles and not owner/operators or franchisees) provide medical, drug, and aflac. They have found that offering benefits provides them with higher quality employees and much less turnover. As you might know, a large part of the funeral livery industry is unionized; those funeral drivers get their health benefits through the union and not the livery.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

www.citylimosales.com

Anyone know if the VA counts as health care? I only did 4 years in the corps, but they've always taken good care of me.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Rick those large services in the North East are different business models. They can keep cars and chauffeurs busy all day everyday. Only in the very large markets and in the largest cities will that work. We depend on alot of part time workers during peak times.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Anyone know if the VA counts as health care? I only did 4 years in the corps, but they've always taken good care of me.
    It is a government health care program administrated by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs,
    Moshe Leib

Probably would not fit the bill as a health care provider unless (a)medically retired with full bennies, (b)retired with full bennies and with both categories rating CHAMPUS coverages.

Why, "free medical for life" is not a recruiting tool benefit but limited to retiree's.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Medical Society Files Lawsuit to Block Health Care Overhaul

Updated March 30, 2010

With the president's ink barely dry on the health care overhaul's final fixes, a group of nearly 5,000 American physicians is filing suit to stop the mammoth new law dead in its tracks.

First, do no harm. Second, sue the government.

With the president's ink barely dry on the health care overhaul's final fixes, a group of nearly 5,000 American physicians is filing suit to stop the mammoth new law dead in its tracks.

"I think this bill that passed threatens not only to destroy our freedom in medicine but to bankrupt the country," said Dr. Jane Orient, executive director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.

The Arizona-based medical coalition filed suit on March 26, arguing that congressional reforms illegally coerce individuals into buying insurance from private companies.

Supporters of the law call it a simple tax meant to shore up coverage nationwide; but the AAPS says the mandate is an "unprecedented overreach" an unconstitutional grab that rewards insurance companies and allows the federal government to seize private property in violation of the 5th Amendment.

Insurers "will have millions of new, unwilling customers that they wouldn't have gotten," said Orient, an internist based in Tuscon. "They're counting on getting all this new money."

<more>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...verhaul/cerns/
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

I have 20%(disability) on one foot, 10% on the other foot, and 0% on my back(they'll raise it if I ever complain of pain). So the VA covers me 100% on any of those service related areas and has always taken care of any of my other needs. But I'm pretty sure under Obama's plan, that isn't considered health care. I'll have to ask the VA.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Today, on the radio, they had Sen. Pat Roberts (KS-R) and he said that if you get your health care from the VA, that you shouldn't have to go out and get your own coverage. He didn't sound too confident on it, but it makes sense. If you get your coverage from one place, why would you have to double up on it?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

I have 20%(disability) on one foot, 10% on the other foot, and 0% on my back(they'll raise it if I ever complain of pain). So the VA covers me 100% on any of those service related areas and has always taken care of any of my other needs. But I'm pretty sure under Obama's plan, that isn't considered health care. I'll have to ask the VA.
    From what I understand you have partly coverage with the VA, right? I don't know if you need a supplemental insurance and I don't think that they know either.
    Moshe Leib

I would think that 80% of the limousine companies in this country do not offer benefits. I have BC/BS and my wife as a county employee is eligible to have the county pay for 80% of our health insurance for the rest of our lives, it would really suck to lose this benefit because of this crappy plan the DEMS have rammed down our throats.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.