Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: God is taking all my favorite people.......

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    I would think that 80% of the limousine companies in this country do not offer benefits. I have BC/BS and my wife as a county employee is eligible to have the county pay for 80% of our health insurance for the rest of our lives, it would really suck to lose this benefit because of this crappy plan the DEMS have rammed down our throats.
    Didn't Obama said that you will not loose you current insurance?
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

Moshe(Or Moses in celebration of Passover), I hope you're right. Otherwise, I'm moving(at least temporarily).
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rick E. View Post
    I am really surprised that you don't provide benefits for your employees. I can tell you that the larger limousine services here in CT, NJ, & NJ (those with company owned vehicles and not owner/operators or franchisees) provide medical, drug, and aflac. They have found that offering benefits provides them with higher quality employees and much less turnover. As you might know, a large part of the funeral livery industry is unionized; those funeral drivers get their health benefits through the union and not the livery.
    I think Wade pretty much summed it up. As far as turn over, my longest employees have been with me for 18 years, 16 years and 12 years. The average tenure of current chauffuers is six years. It is far different in Bakersfield, CA than any city in New York.

By the way, we turn 20 years old today!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY JIM! Congratulations!!

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine
    www.cityheatlimo.com