Thread: Emergency Hatch

Blog Entries

Default Emergency Hatch

I have a 2007 H2 built by Great Lakes. The glass emergency hatch has been an issue since we bought it with people opening it all the time. Today, it was opened and flew completely off and shattered into thousands of pieces. Anyone know where I can get another one ASAP?

Blog Entries

Thanks brandon, I think that is it!! Looks like I will be ordering that first thing Monday, ugh!

That sux J!
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com
    www.corpuschristipartybus.com

Our Krystal H2 200" has an acrylic hatch used in boats, will not shatter like glass however we also had problems with passengers opening and standing out of it, until I went and had a big sticker made that reads " WARNING DAMAGE WILL OCCUR IF OPENED YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR REPLACEMENT" problem solved.

Blog Entries

Yea we had "EMERGENCY USE ONLY, DO NOT OPEN" on it and it still doesn't help. We just ordered an acrylic replacement as well. Too bad we can't just eliminate it. It is supposedly an emergency exit but is really just a manual sunroof!!

It is just a maual sunroof and you should be able to get it at any local sunroof place for about $ 150.00. Had same thing happen once before - charged customer $ 250.00 for replacement and added line in contract that opening hatch in non-emergency situations may be a violation of federal law and will terminate ride, with no refunds and may incur fee up to $ 500.00.

Havent had problem since in any cars

I got mine from these guys. They're not cheap(I think it was about $250 , $350 with the frame), but have them in stock. You can probably find one at a local sunroof shop in your local area.

http://www.americansunroof.com/
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Can these be used as emergency exists? I though you had to get the one that's being used in transit/school buses?