Thread: Hid Lights for Town Car

Default Hid Lights for Town Car

I am wondering if anyone converted the head lights to HID with these kits from Ebay. I tried to search the forum but didn't find anything.

I found these two kits, and I would like to know if anyone has good reviews about them.

1) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-LINCOLN-TOWN-CAR-HID-XENON-HEADLIGHT-CONVERSION-KIT_W0QQitemZ320506969528QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9fb43db8

2) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H7-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-XENON-Lincoln-Town-Car-03-05-06_W0QQitemZ220463503220QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3354a61774

3) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-LINCOLN-TOWN-CAR-2003-2002-05_W0QQitemZ290406408975QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439d92230f

Please let me know if anyone has any other options or suggestions to upgrade to HID. I have one car that came with HID head lights that were dealer installed and I love it, and having said that I want to replace these head lights with HID in all my 4 town cars.

I am looking for alternative like such kits because the original HIDs are very expensive at the dealer; about $700.00 per head light.

Please advice.

~Dee

I think Digger changed his out?
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com
    www.corpuschristipartybus.com

We are running the generic ones like that first auction in our vehicles and i've had them in a personal car for a couple of years. I am also in the aftermarket parts industry and about 5 years ago a basic kit would retail for around $400 (we used to sell a couple hundred a year) and IMO the current $70 chinese ebay units are better build and design than the name brand ones I used to distribute. I would stick with 6000k or less. When you go higher it is more for show you aren't really as much light. 4500k is going to give you optimal light output but 6000k is a good mix between show and light output. Between replacing the interior and exterior mini bulbs with LEDs and headlights with HID I think it is the best $100 you can spend, it gives such a modern/updated look at night.

V-leds.com. I have there hid kit fog and headlamp in all 3 cars and also a full led conversion.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

Agreed, the $70 kit rocks !! I have hem installed in 3 LTC's, my 1985 Ranger and both party buses. They are pretty easy to install and have proven to last a long time.

My suggestion is the 3000k kits, they are the brightest White you can get.

I thought, that the instruction is applied on the complete set on installation.
    Black Diamond is the best Seattle town car service

Digger, wflimonj, and Black Tie LTC, thank you for sharing your experience.

the 1st one in the ebay links above that i put is only for $34.99, I am not sure which one is the $70.00 kit that you are refer to...
    Did anyone have flicker issue?

~Dee

The ones for $35 are not going to have brights. This means you won't have any brights at all spend the extra money as you need brights.

Also for reference I've dont theses $70 kits on alot of my cars and had no problems. Go below 6000K for best performance, above 6000k is bluer color but actually puts out less useable light.
    Last edited by First Class Limos; March 25th, 2010 at 01:26 PM.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

I don't believe Town Cars use a dual filament bulb so either way the kits would just do low beams (and you have a separate bulb for high beams). If your vehicle does use the same bulb for high and low (dual filament) spending the extra $30 for a dual filament kit is the way to go and also keeps you legal. Otherwise i'd just stick with your factory high beams.

I don't remember the exact brand of the cheap kits we have but they seem to pretty much all be the same, I wouldn't buy the absolute cheapest but most of the kits in the $70 range should work fine for your needs. I haven't had any flickering issues.

I think I will stick with low beam only; I don't want to upgrade anything else to HID so far. Can anyone suggest the brand, or make of this $70.00 HID kit with possible link.

Many thanks

~Dee

Well it depends if you have the 2000-2002 towncar then those bulbs are 9007's which you would need to get the HID hi and low beams or else you will have NO BRIGHTS AT ALL (when you turn on the brights all of your lights will turn completely off, because you will have no brights, I believe). 2003's and up if you have towncars without factory HIDs then those bulbs have separate bulbs for high and low so you could do just the low, the lows are h7's and the highs are 9005's
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

All my sedans are 2005 and up. What would be the best brand to go for?