Thread: Need Marketing help...

Default Need Marketing help...

I have just recently started a limo business and have a 120" limo. I am working Facebook, Craigslist, Backpage, Facebook AdWords, Google Adwords and letting anybody and everybody know that I am or hire.

I have created a nice brochure, business card and website. I would like to pursue the wedding planners/funerals and concierge business. Am I missing any other good targets?

For both funeral homes and wedding planners I was thinking of calling and finding out who the Director or key person is and then sending a nice brochure and business card. I would then follow up by phone. Is this the best way? Also what would incentivize a person to use me vs. another company. Would it be best to give them a flat rate for 2hrs, 4hrs, 6hrs. etc. and then let them charge what they would like to a client?

Please let me know if I am on the right track...

Thanks so much for all the help!

Newbie working super hard!

Sending a brochure or busines card is a waste of time for those type of people. Too low impact.

Go meet them in person or take them to lunch and understand who they are currently using if anyone, what their needs are, and then think about how you might it in the picture or what is the difference you have to offer. Then cultivate the relationship on an ongoing basis.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Default Salesmanship

Quote Originally Posted by TxLimoGuy View Post
    Sending a brochure or busines card is a waste of time for those type of people. Too low impact.

Go meet them in person or take them to lunch and understand who they are currently using if anyone, what their needs are, and then think about how you might it in the picture or what is the difference you have to offer. Then cultivate the relationship on an ongoing basis.
    Right on, Tony. Relationships are key in sales in any industry. Price can only carry so much.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

In fact, you will likely find that if you can figure out exactly what your target market is looking for and fill that hole well, you can likely even charge more than everyone else. You will no doubt hear stories of how another limo company let them down by not showing up on time or sending an older car in need of repair or something, This is going to tell you what your clients value in a service, then you make a commitment to fill that gap. Then you are on your way.
    Jon Hook

Stars Luxury Limousine Services - North Bay, Ontario
    www.Book-A-Van.com
    www.NorthBayBlackCarService.ca
    www.WeddingLimousineNorthBay.ca

2000 White 120" stretch AHA
    2003 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2008 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Quote Originally Posted by TxLimoGuy View Post

This is some good advice. Ignore traditional methods, go guerrilla. Be proactive.
    Austin Party Bus
    Texas Party Bus - Contact me to be listed.
    Limousine Fares - Contact me to be featured in your city.

You buying leads from any companies such as LDC?

Network through associations that they belong to locally such as the Chamber of Commerce. Local charities are very effective for selling your brand in a low key manner. Service and reliability are the important variables. You have to build the work. If you deliver on the service end and people know it-you will receive plenty of business. Focus on creating relationships with the people who can bring you business. Sales Calls beat sending out brochures any day of the week.
    Dean Schuler

Default Limo Sales Lead Generation

We opened a department that specifically does lead generation for limousine operators. We focus on the business market mostly, although we can do wedding planners, bridal shops and anything else that is business-to-business type calls (we stay away from consumer calls). It has been very effective.

Basically we take sales agents, set them up with our lead tracking and calling system (CRM) using your leads or ours, and start making outbound calls. Our mission is not to close a sale on the spot, but to make sure that they have your internet web URL, get current contact information and permission (now you have opt-in) to send out your media kit (don't have one, our marketing department can put one together for you). We can even send the follow-up email and we like to include a CALL TO ACTION like a free return with outbound airport transfer. All of this is tracked and sent to you on a weekly report. We can also help with script development, etc. Basically you tell us what package you want and the monthly volume of calls, and we set it up and administer the plan. You can track hits on your web site to watch the effect.

If you need it, we can also provide our LimoWebChat system, which gives you live chat covering 24/7 as a turnkey solution on your web site. Documentation on the effectiveness of live chat indicates a minimum of 25%-35% higher conversion rate of visitors to paid customers using chat as it is fully interactive yet non-invasive. We also support TEXT/SMS and email handling, all queued through our same system and sent to the team member supporting that specific limo company. With access to your livery software, we can take the booking on the spot.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but with so many of our limousine members asking about how to generate leads, we went ahead and set it all up. We have a lot of experience with this stuff, so if anyone has questions, maybe even wanting to do it themselves in house, I would be glad to relay what we know. All the best.
    Cheers,
    Kurt von Strasser
    kurt@LimoLive24.com
    http://www.LimoLive24.com
    LimoLive24.com
    Phone: 800.676.9095
    Limousine Business Process Outsourcing
    Reservations Center, Web Chat,Text/SMS
    Customer Care & Marketing Services

Smile Sales calls

Focus on setting up sales presentations. Drop by visits where you leave your material with the front desk can be useful if done properly. ( Make sure to include a Special ) You have to get out and see people with a Quality Product and a sunny attitude. Are you running any Specials such as " Drinking with Lincoln " for evening work or Lunch/Limo packages ? If you sent me a nice brochure I would look at it and then throw it out. You wouldn't be able to get me on the phone either. Listen to the people you meet and see what their needs are. Design your service to fulfill needs. From Day one, have Chauffeurs, not drivers and promote that on your website with full documentation. Research the markets you wish to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLimo View Post
    I have just recently started a limo business and have a 120" limo. I am working Facebook, Craigslist, Backpage, Facebook AdWords, Google Adwords and letting anybody and everybody know that I am or hire.

I have created a nice brochure, business card and website. I would like to pursue the wedding planners/funerals and concierge business. Am I missing any other good targets?

For both funeral homes and wedding planners I was thinking of calling and finding out who the Director or key person is and then sending a nice brochure and business card. I would then follow up by phone. Is this the best way? Also what would incentivize a person to use me vs. another company. Would it be best to give them a flat rate for 2hrs, 4hrs, 6hrs. etc. and then let them charge what they would like to a client?

Please let me know if I am on the right track...

Thanks so much for all the help!

Newbie working super hard!
    Dean Schuler

Talking Targeting Your Web Presence & Using Live Chat

Another thing you may wish to think about is setting up an effective pay-per-click (PPC) campaign and talking to some of the specialty marketing firms like Yodel and similar that can set up an effective local web strategy. It may be hard to get search engine optimization to product results for your specific market segments with a site all about limo services to the public. With PPC you set the keywords... so think in terms of what a funeral home would be searching the internet for. OK... time for the jokes to come from the audience. What does a bridal shop look for when they search the internet? What products do they buy? You need to put yourself in the seat of your market and figure out what they are frequently doing on the internet and most importantly answering the question... what are they putting into that search box?

Micro Websites

Also, consider expanding your web presence. If you have a couple of really important niche markets, then set up some micro-sites that are ALL about them. Pick a URL that directly hits what they search for or what you are offering and use a lot of content specifically targeted at that market. Consider a blog or other method/CMS (content management system) such as WordPress sites with easy content management that you can do yourself, to get new fresh content up on your site every week that directly relates to your market, what they search for and keywords you know can reach them. Build your site every month with that content. Write articles that emphasize things that are important to them and make your company stand out.

Avoiding The "I Would Hope So" Message

Give your micro website visitors hard hitting business reasons to make the move to you. Tell a clear message as to exactly why it makes sense for them to deal with your company and not a competitor. Why should a bridal shop or funeral home pick your limo company out of a hundred available to do business with? Your micro site should clearly make the case for you and speak specifically to the benefits they will enjoy in dealing with your company. Assume every company talks about late model cars, terrific chauffeurs, etc. If your visitor reads your reasons to do business but finds themselves muttering "Well I would hope so" then your message is WEAK and INEFFECTUAL. Make sure your message makes it clear that anyone in their market would have to be an idiot not to take you up on your call to action and do business with you. That is the message that will win over an audience.

Call To Action

Give the micro-sites a special offer, a strong call to action with a convincing appeal for the visitor to act now. Use a specific phone number or offer code to track your results on each such site.

With all the noise out there now (consider how many limo company web sites there are out there all competing for the same general market - a "we do it all" approach) it is absolutely imperative that you seek out ways to identify your target markets and make your web presence specific to appeal to just those markets. When a visitor arrives, they are lured in by a site that is all about THEM and what you can do for THEM and find a call to action that makes sense and entices them to act.

Live Web Chat Turns Your Website into a Retail Store

Why do websites fail over retail stores? Because when you walk into a store you have sales people there to help answer questions and push things along. Live Web chat turns a static one-way website into an two-way interactive selling session. If you don't use our LimoWebChat service, consider finding an inexpensive but decent web chat program and at least staffing it when you can yourself. Be ready to interact with website visitors using live chat with typical questions they will ask about their needs relating to your services. When you can't be live then at least they can leave a message.

Live Web Chat is popping up all over the internet for a reason... it works! The largest companies in the world are now using it and the smaller ones are slow to catch on. On average Live Web Chat closes 25%-35% more visitors than sites without it (the number is far higher for specific markets by the way). The phone is now a secondary means of communication to TEXT/SMS and chat (this flipped in 2009 and the trend continues) and the latter doesn't invoke all those feelings of anxiety in a prospect that the phone does.

Hope this helps! Happy selling and good luck to you!
    Cheers,
    Kurt von Strasser
    kurt@LimoLive24.com
    http://www.LimoLive24.com
    LimoLive24.com
    Phone: 800.676.9095
    Limousine Business Process Outsourcing
    Reservations Center, Web Chat,Text/SMS
    Customer Care & Marketing Services