Thread: RIDE Act 2010

Default RIDE Act 2010

The push is on by the NLA for Operators to get off their asses and seek support for the amended RIDE Act.

The good points about the RIDE Act is that it [if passed into law] will protect Operators from extortion fees imposed by airports, cruise ship terminals etc. regardless if the transport is interstate or intrastate.

Here's the bad news, the act is applicable to Operators "Licensed by their State" and it does not prohibit jurisdictions holding the interstate hubs from imposing their own brand of licensing ie., Orlando Operators would not be able to serve their clients needs in Tampa without receiving authority from the HCPTC and vice versa for Tampa Operators serving their clients Orlando transport needs without Orlando licensure.

Operators in states not regulating the Industry such as Florida and Texas will not meet the preemption requirements of being "licensed by their state". .

Jurisdictions such as Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Houston, Dallas, NYC can still demand that intrastate ops must apply for and receive local authority just to enter the transportation hubs.

This Bill is a half filled glass of water that locals will easily be able to circumvent.

Maybe one of the NLA Board Members who are LDC members can weigh in and explain why Operators who will not benefit by this amendment should take the time to seek support from their lawmakers or, in other words, why should I literally take a walk to my Congresswoman's office and ask her to support this amendment when it would have absolutely zero benefit to my business operations?
    Last edited by gunny; March 19th, 2010 at 11:09 AM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Thumbs down Senate Bill 1764, Prevention of Unreasonable Fees Act

Read this bill which would amend provisions of the RIDE Act. I do not see any benefit whatsoever to intrastate operations.

As I read it, airports , cruise ports & other terminals will still be able hit intrastate carriers with fees .
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill