Thread: where to buy air springs?

Default where to buy air springs?

Hi guys, I need to replace the air suspension in the rear of a 120" 2000 LTC.

Where is a good place to get good air springs?

My pump is coming on and so on, but I can hear the air leaking out of one of the springs. They look dried out so I will change both of them and keep the air suspension on the car.
    Jon Hook

Stars Luxury Limousine Services - North Bay, Ontario
    www.Book-A-Van.com
    www.NorthBayBlackCarService.ca
    www.WeddingLimousineNorthBay.ca

2000 White 120" stretch AHA
    2003 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2008 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Mike, it says they can be used with regular town cars, but when we changed ours out in our 2000 120" we found ours were a little longer than the stock ones (the dealer carried both the stock and the longer ones). What am I missing here?
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Mike, it says they can be used with regular town cars, but when we changed ours out in our 2000 120" we found ours were a little longer than the stock ones (the dealer carried both the stock and the longer ones). What am I missing here?
    Wow I didn't know they made longer ones. I never even thought to check. We put the same bags in our first 120 it was a 91. Then I got the same bags for our 2000 and they work great. I do like the fact that they have the aluminum base instead of the stock plastic crap. I put them in 2 years ago and still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    Get the heavy duty bags with the aluminum base. Here is the link
    http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...id2_pid14.html
    They actually list them a bit cheaper on ebay. Great.

Thanks.
    Jon Hook

www.Book-A-Van.com

2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Wow I didn't know they made longer ones. I never even thought to check. We put the same bags in our first 120 it was a 91. Then I got the same bags for our 2000 and they work great. I do like the fact that they have the aluminum base instead of the stock plastic crap. I put them in 2 years ago and still going strong.
    Yea, I know for a fact that there are two different sizes for the 2000, we just changed them last year. Not really sure why you would need the extra length, in fact when we called the dealer we didn't even tell them it was a limo assuming there was just one size. When my brother got there he mentioned in passing it was a limo and the parts guy caught it. They didn't have one in stock and had to send my brother 1/2 hour away to get them (changed both out since we were under there).
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

The only reason I didn't get them on ebay was it's not always easy to warranty stuff from eBay if you have a problem. This company is in Cape Canaveral, only like an hour and a half away.

Blog Entries

If you are hearing the leak, it's more-likely to be a solonoid leaking than an air bag. Airbags usually just blow, not leak. Each airbag has a solonoid at the top of it that shuts off the air flow in and out of the bag, they only open when the computer tells the system to add or remove air from the bags. These are known to leak and allow air to slowly escape from the system. A sure sign is if the car is low after sitting for a few days or you hear the compressor turning on several times per day. Solonoids run about 13 bucks each on Strutmasters.com website (if memory serves me right).

The air bags seem to be dried out and cracking. The car sits low but not at the bottom. I got under it, removed the height adjustment so I could trip it manually and kicked on the compressor. It started charging the system and filling the bags. Car goes up a bit then reveals a crack and I hear air pissing out. I can put my finger on the spot. I'll change them out.
    Jon Hook

www.Book-A-Van.com

2011 Mercedes Sprinter

The only reason I didn't get them on ebay was it's not always easy to warranty stuff from eBay if you have a problem. This company is in Cape Canaveral, only like an hour and a half away.
    The company you mentioned has the air bags you recommended on ebay for cheaper than on their site, so I'll get them there. I am in Canada, itis never easy to warranty stuff for me anyhow. Thanks for the link, they look like good bags.
    Jon Hook

www.Book-A-Van.com

2011 Mercedes Sprinter