Thread: ride very bumpy

Blog Entries

Question ride very bumpy

I just aquired a Yukon SUV 12 - 14 passenger. The back has a horible bumpy ride. It's enough to make people sick even before they start to party. I have spoken to another owner of a Yukon, and his experience is the same. They are both 2001/02 I can't believe crazy money was paid when it was new and it always had this problem. Before I spend $$$ to try to fix it, can anyone suggest possible solution.
    Last edited by anna4limos; March 7th, 2010 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries

I own a 2002 Krystal Suburban Limo 140". Typically there should be a "service ride control" message on your message center. If I load up the limo it will raise and lower to suit.

There sensors on each wheels has compressor to pump air to your rear shocks-Also check a fuse RTD (real time damping).

Otherwise just replace the rear shocks.

Did you check and or adjust the air in your rear tires?

Blog Entries

Thank you very much for your time and advise. It's presently having other work done. When I know what it is, I'll let you know if you like. Your
    advise sounds like a plan or at least part of a plan.

Blog Entries

I sure did. Thank you.

I think the air suspensions in the rear were replaced when the cars were stretched. There should only be springs and shocks now. The factory air suspensions were not made for the extra weight and your ride will not be as good as factory. Also your vehicle should now have 10-ply tires with at least 80psi tires this will also worsen the ride quality.