Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket rims and tires on stretch SUV load issues

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Yeah, I've been told that Nitrogen would be good for my set up.
    Why??
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Because they leak slowly with air and I have to constantly keep them at 90psi and most gas stations won't fill that high, so it's a pain in the ass. I usually run by a tire shop and tip them out. I don't care about the running cooler aspect as much as the bigger molecules not leaking.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Because they leak slowly with air and I have to constantly keep them at 90psi and most gas stations won't fill that high, so it's a pain in the ass. I usually run by a tire shop and tip them out. I don't care about the running cooler aspect as much as the bigger molecules not leaking.
    MYTH!! 78% of the atmosphere is made up of Nitrogen and 21% is Oxygen. So...99% of the atmosphere is made up of Nitrogen and Oxygen. The nitrogen molecule is 300 pm (picometers) in length and the oxygen molecule is 292pm in length. The oxygen molecule is only 3% smaller than the nitrogen molecule. So...unless you are worried about that 1% of the atmosphere that is made up Argon, Neon, CO2, Helium, Methane, and others, I wouldn't worry about putting pure nitrogen in your tires.

Honestly, I think good marketing has been the result of this concept.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    MYTH!! 78% of the atmosphere is made up of Nitrogen and 21% is Oxygen. So...99% of the atmosphere is made up of Nitrogen and Oxygen. The nitrogen molecule is 300 pm (picometers) in length and the oxygen molecule is 292pm in length. The oxygen molecule is only 3% smaller than the nitrogen molecule. So...unless you are worried about that 1% of the atmosphere that is made up Argon, Neon, CO2, Helium, Methane, and others, I wouldn't worry about putting pure nitrogen in your tires.

Tim, thanks for the myth busting.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post

Damn! Know it all!!
    Last edited by PTLimoNC; March 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Jerry Thomas