Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Limo Drivers Salary

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    That does make more sense, Jim. Here in Indiana (suburb of Chicago, but still Indiana) a 2100 square foot house is worth $250K - $300K depending on area.
    Correction to the last reply - the price of my TOWNHOUSE was $340k, NOT $340.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    You know Rich...you have some valid points. I agree there is a difference in drivers and chauffeurs for sure. Driver's, like taxi cab drivers, medical couriers etc. who drive a regular car all day long should get minimum wage. It is a non-skilled profession requiring no special skills outside of a driver's license and a pulse. No high scholl education is even needed. What minimum wage should be to sustain one's self is subjective and a whole other debate - but it is what it is and people have certain stations in life. That is society. There are those at much higher stations in life than me and those way beneath me. Going to college and getting a degree is a personal choice and generally commands a higher pay. That is not to say there are many chauffeurs with a degree that present themselves as well educated, articulate, well-mannered and well-heeled. They should get more than minimum wage for their knowledge and skill. But not so much that it is unrealistic for the level of skill needed for the job.

    You are also right about the COL in each area and you are right, our economy in Bakersfield is far, far less than Los Angeles, a mere 1.5 hours away. Here, you can buy a 2500 square foot house for about $160,000 in an upscale neighborhood. In L.A., that same house would be $250,000. So, the wages I posted that I pay are indeed relative to the scale of economy for my own city. I live in a city known for ag and oil. The field workers make minimum wage and it is big business here. So, for those with no formal education $15.00 and hour is great money here without tips.
    This is off topic, but $250k for a 2500 square foot house in an upscale neighborhood? I'm living in the wrong area!

  3. #33
    Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, Indiana (Northern Indiana)
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W57thNY View Post
    This is off topic, but $250k for a 2500 square foot house in an upscale neighborhood? I'm living in the wrong area!
    I think median income is around $50K, but we are considered a suburb of Chicago. Hard to explain if you have never been here. I just did a check on the local MLS and 67 houses b/t $250K-$300K showed up in one of the cities here - ranged from 1600-4000 square foot. All are in good areas and seem to be in good condition. It's not the North side of Chicago, but the area is nice, but also 15 minutes from Gary, IN.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    I think median income is around $50K, but we are considered a suburb of Chicago. Hard to explain if you have never been here. I just did a check on the local MLS and 67 houses b/t $250K-$300K showed up in one of the cities here - ranged from 1600-4000 square foot. All are in good areas and seem to be in good condition. It's not the North side of Chicago, but the area is nice, but also 15 minutes from Gary, IN.
    I kind of meant that I was in the wrong area of the country...you definitely get more for the money in that area of the country. The townhouse I just bought this summer (Northern VA, outside of DC) was $340k, and I got about 1600 square feet, and a 1 car garage. 3000-4000 square feet will run you $600k and up in the same area...

  5. #35
    Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, Indiana (Northern Indiana)
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W57thNY View Post
    I kind of meant that I was in the wrong area of the country...you definitely get more for the money in that area of the country. The townhouse I just bought this summer (Northern VA, outside of DC) was $340k, and I got about 1600 square feet, and a 1 car garage. 3000-4000 square feet will run you $600k and up in the same area...
    which county?
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

  6. #36
    Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, Indiana (Northern Indiana)
    Posts
    2,788
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    which county?
    Fairfax, though our median income here is higher, we also have a high concentration of government, consulting, and technical jobs in the area. I really shouldn't be comparing housing prices without comparing the job market, and economy, as well.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Kansas City has great real estate prices. I just bought a house around 1600sf with a separate workshop garage that I could probably put a total of 7 cars in it if I take down the office that is built in there (it currently houses 3) in a nice neighborhood near schools and has a kitchen with all new cabinets and countertops and I paid $150k.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Kansas City has great real estate prices. I just bought a house around 1600sf with a separate workshop garage that I could probably put a total of 7 cars in it if I take down the office that is built in there (it currently houses 3) in a nice neighborhood near schools and has a kitchen with all new cabinets and countertops and I paid $150k.
    Great prices, how's the job market though? Great real estate values don't mean anything if you don't have a way to pay for them.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    A company just announced yesterday that they are going to be adding 125 high-tech jobs. All in all, the job market isn't horrible here. There are definitely jobs here, although a lot of people will tell you there aren't. We have unemployment rates below the national average.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    A company just announced yesterday that they are going to be adding 125 high-tech jobs. All in all, the job market isn't horrible here. There are definitely jobs here, although a lot of people will tell you there aren't. We have unemployment rates below the national average.
    It's something to think about, though more advantageous to stay where I am, since I just bought a house, and with the number of government consultants in the area, there are more options, making it easier to write my own salary, and afford to play, and take people off the beaten path in my free time.

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami-Florida
    Posts
    273
    Blog Entries
    3

    Cool chauffeur's pay

    Quote Originally Posted by EmpressElite View Post
    All,
    I am starting my business in GA and looking for an average salary to pay limo drivers, any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Empress Elite Limousine
    in Miami they pay: either: $7 per hour plus 20% gratuity and company pays for fuel,carwash etc
    or 20% gratuity plus 20% commission and chauffeur pays for fuel and carwash, passenger pays toll and parking. I worked for companies in Miami till 5 years ago and was payed 20% &20% Good Luck! every State has different laws and regulations

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •