Thread: 2001 Lincoln 120", Krystal - blower for heat in rear won't work.

Default 2001 Lincoln 120", Krystal - blower for heat in rear won't work.

We have a 2001 120" Lincoln 5 door by Krystal that has a blower motor that works just fine for the AC but will not even turn on for the heat. Car came from southern state and is now in Maine...gets coold up here!
    I don't get complaints because I warm the car and get as much heat from the driver compartment ito the back as I can before pickups. Then when we have several clients aboard, they heat it.
    I'm wondering if it the heater in the back was ever even connected or maybe broke a long time ago and no-one noticed since it was down south. Any hints on where to look?

Blog Entries

That whole unit (HVAC) should be located behind the front seats below the partition. You may have to pull out a seat to gain easy access. Check to see if you have power to the motor with a test light. Sounds like you may have a switch turned off at the control board. I am sure some one here will help you out because most all up fitter's use the same conversion parts.

Bunny alot of the Krystals made several years ago that were made for the Southern California and Arizona markets were not equipped with rear heat.

Blog Entries

That would had been my next thought. Look under the hood and see if you have any T's in the heater hoses leading down the firewall into the car and a vacuum control valve. If not, Looks like you need to install a heater.

I would say it does have a vacuum control valve and it is stuck.
    Mark Sutliffe, Owner
    Finger Lakes Limousine & Coach

www.fingerlakeslimo.com
    mark@fingerlakeslimo.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Bunny alot of the Krystals made several years ago that were made for the Southern California and Arizona markets were not equipped with rear heat.
    I agree. I bought a 2000 Krystal from Las Vegas and that thing had two acs unit and no heater, The good thing was that the plumbing for the heather core was there. So all the mechanic had to do was remove the freon, remove driver seat, remove ac unit behind driver seat as that was where the coolant hoses were coming out of, remove unit, instal heater core and add freon and was good to go.

Krystall buys its stuff from manex corp. Call them and there are very helpfull.

http://www.manexcorp.com/

Thanks folks! I'll check on the blower motor switches and see if there's plumbing for a heater. I assume that if they didn't put heat in then they would have the blower turned off or at least the switch not connected.

Thanks again.

Did you start with the obvious? When I purchased a used Krystal, the seller tried to tell me that it was a California car (which it was) and that the factory most likely didn't have the heater enabled. Nice try... There was a blown fuse and the system worked fine once it was replaced.

If you don't have an electrical schematic, just check each fuse to see if one is blown or non-existant. Some fuses may be missing due to equipment that your vehicle does not have, perhaps a sunroof.
    Who dares wins.

I assume since the blower works on AC that the fuse is OK - but I'll check that too - have not had time to get back to this issue yet.

Well,
    One thing I noticed about my heat was the fact that when I turned the heat on instead of air coming out of the upper air outlets it came out of the floor ports. If everything else checks out you may want to make sure the circuit that applied current to the heat blower motor is working. Now which circuit that is...is ANYONE's guess. Actually I have a BASIC wirinig diagram for my Krystal 120" I can try to post when I get back in the office.

Check the main circut board behind front seat for fuses and relays.Also Krystal can be very helpful.They were to me. Also on my Krystal they mounedt four relays on the divider lower section behind the drivers seat. I belive I was told they are for units A/C and heater.If you get some air blowing out under the cabin seats you will know that the blower circut is good. Like was posted check water valve at the unit as well.
    Good Luck and happy hunting.

A bit of a follow up for the blower motors. There are typically two blower motors. One motor is for the AC, the other is for the heater. As J Paul mentioned, when you are using heat, the floor ports are in use, when you are using the AC the upper vents are used. It is possible to have the AC function, but not the heat because they are separate systems. If the climate control is set to FAN, I believe they will both produce air, but I have not verified.
    Who dares wins.