Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Real Time - Online Quote

I'd like to purchase it too. Maybe it's time for you to get a patent? If possible, before someone steals it and makes the money instead of you. Let me know if you end up selling it.
    Highest customer retention rate in the industry!

<--------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by STR8-FLSH View Post
    I'd like to purchase it too. Maybe it's time for you to get a patent? If possible, before someone steals it and makes the money instead of you. Let me know if you end up selling it.

What he said! lol

I told you that you could make some cash off of this thing.. lol!
    John Doggett
    Chauffeur

Ok, I think I came up with a solution for the long haul trips. As I am sure everyone here does, I also charge an additional charge for "Out of town" trips. I usually charge round-trip, so I came up with the following formula. Let me know your thoughts before I implement this evening.

Argument/Rule: "If more than (X) amount of miles charge (Y) per mile instead of (Z)"
    X = Value input in the Admin Panel. (i.e. "50" Miles)
    Y = Value input in the Admin Panel. (i.e. "1.75")
    Z = Value input in the Admin Panel. (i.e. "1.00")

For example: If more than 50 miles; charge $1.75 per mile instead of $1.00.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!!

Heres the link again, for those who don't know.

http://www.quote.regalride.com
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

Default Patent/ Hosting

Alright, on the recommendations from some of you that I should get this thing patented, how? I have been looking around and can't find very much information in regards to it (with the exception of using lawyers). Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I'm still looking into how I can distribute this to who would like to use it, the only problem I am seeing is that there would be so many code edits to make it work on each host..... So I was thinking maybe hosting it for everyone using my host, and maybe just some minor fee or something for use and the maintanance of the databases (still giving everyone the access and ability to make edits to the prices and such freely). Anyways, just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

You can host it on your server and charge some monthly fee per company. Once you are big enough, the software companies will run after you to buy it. You can advertise it on the internet, shouldn't be a problem because there is no competition to your product. I don't know about copywrite, but I think that once you put it out there, it's yours.
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

Default Airport tranportation

I hope this works out well for you. You may want to check legalzoom http://www.legalzoom.com/trademarks-...-overview.html

Karl, here is a link to the government website regarding patents. I filed one in the past (hunting equipment) but used an attorney (friend) to help me out. Good luck looks very promising.
    Last edited by STR8-FLSH; January 28th, 2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: correction
    Highest customer retention rate in the industry!

<--------------------------------------------

Karl,
    Any news on your software?
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

Relative to Patents & Trademarks, I have used Joseph T. Regard LTD. for over twenty years. You can reach Mr. Regard at 504-834-0646 or mail@regard.net.
    Last edited by Dean Schuler; March 8th, 2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Dean Schuler

Default Update

Alright, sorry about the delay on updating everyone. I have made some adjustments. I have added the admin feature of having a Metro Radius and charging a different price per mile to the calcuation if it's over a defined distance. Anyways, please check out the updates (I have also added to new quote forms Pick up and Drop off and Specials (proms)) Let me know what you think! As for those of you interested in using it, still working out the kinks and details on hosting it, but as soon as it's done I will let you know.

Thanks!

Heres the Link:

Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Quote Originally Posted by kslust View Post
    Alright, sorry about the delay on updating everyone. I have made some adjustments. I have added the admin feature of having a Metro Radius and charging a different price per mile to the calcuation if it's over a defined distance. Anyways, please check out the updates (I have also added to new quote forms Pick up and Drop off and Specials (proms)) Let me know what you think! As for those of you interested in using it, still working out the kinks and details on hosting it, but as soon as it's done I will let you know.

Thanks!

Heres the Link:

I like. How much time do you have invested?

Quote Originally Posted by Limo-Service View Post
    I like. How much time do you have invested?
    Well, it's been a pet project of mine over the past year..... All in all, I have probably close to 400 (give or take) hours invested, price wise at minimum wage of $8 for a total of $3200 (wow, never thought of it that way!). I seriously need to get some real work done! All in all, I think it will work out in the end though.
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Any updates on your system for rent?

I have check the BWI airport to washington drive cost and its working pretty well very nice application.