Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bridal Show Tips

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Don't waist your time. They go to the shows for the free gifts. When they need transportation they will look online. If your site shows up they will call you anyways weather you were at the show or not. We stopped going to bridale shows about 2 years ago. You spend all day making the vehicle look nice, setting up a booth that is usually about $500 and on top of that you have to give a prize with a value of atleast $400. And if you have a chauffeur showing the vehicle you have to pay him for the day. What a joke !!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
    One important item to remember with a Bridal Show, this is a once in a lifetime event for the Bride. We are the most expensive company to do business with. We offer no discounts, or if you book today we will offer a $50.00 discount.

We stress the importance of a professional transportation provider that will provide the highest level of service possible. Yes, there are other companies, which will offer deep discounts. That bride is not our client.

Our goal with a bridal show is to obtain one booking to cover the cost of the booth. Remember, exposure is the key; we have booked other non-bridal events at these shows.

One important item, if you have a potential bride, gather their email address on the spot. Do not wait until you receive the email list two weeks later, if you are lucky.

Bill
    I agree. I was lucky to get about 1 booking per show. I also ran into a few clients who already booked me. So out of all the people I saw at the shows almost as many people that booked me already booked me from seeing me online. That should show you how heavily they rely on the shows. If you value your time enough, even if you break even you will see it definitely isn't worth it. Sunday is my semi day off so the last thing I want to do is get up early to go to a wedding show. I've booked 10x more stuff from websites that I spent an hour on.

If you really want to get some bridal work, visit the local bridal shops and talk with them. Work a deal were you can put a limo out front on Sat and Sunday mornings with a chauffeur, have him hand out postcards and biz cards, show the limo to clients and talk to clients. I used to do this if I had a vehicle sitting in the morning, if I had a limo go down I could pull him off the show, if I had a last minute job I could pull him. The chauffeur could get his name out there and get requests to drive a wedding, or a party. I had great success with doing this. We would provide the bridal shop with a limo a couple times a year for them to take employees out. The other was I had an exclusive with the bridal shop no other companies got in. This was much better than doing shows, you would have 5 other companies all fighting for work, just wasn't worth it.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
    One important item to remember with a Bridal Show, this is a once in a lifetime event for the Bride.
    "Once in a lifetime"... yeah, uh-huh.
    Karl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    "Once in a lifetime"... yeah, uh-huh.
    It's even better, since people get married 2-3x in their lifetime imagine the repeat business you can get at their next wedding just 2-3 years down the road!

Thanks for all your professional opinions. Based on your thoughts and suggestions, I think I will attend the show for $10, meet and introduce myself to some of the key sponsors and see what type of competition is targeting bridal shows, get with the sponsors and see if I can put business cards in their shops and offer them an affiliate % if the bride or whoever books and gives their name as a referral. It's a good opportunity to introduce our company to the vendors; and possibly set up some one on one time for future referrals.
    Elegant Knights Limo-Party Bus
    http://getonthebusandpartywithus.com/

We have found and stats prove this to be correct. Wedding Shows only pay off to the person in charge of the Wedding Show. With the Time & money it will cost to do a Wedding Show , it is not a good idea to bank on that kind of advertising to be the number one sorce of customers. Way to much for a Bride to take in in one day. Great idea Charleston, Let someone else help you get a line on new customers. That does pay off from what we have found in the last 11 years of doing this
    Last edited by Pyro; January 9th, 2012 at 05:20 PM.

Bridal Show Update: I attended the Bridal Show on yesterday, it was a great success for me. I talked with several vendors, mainly sales managers at larger hotel establishments, event planners/coordinators and brides. I handed out and exchanged business cards and will start the email traffic today. I think it was nice to put my face and business name out there to businesses with the potential to provide referrals to clients who desire group transportation; not only for weddings, but for any group event that needs to be transported in an elegant and fun environment. One coordinator stated we like to party as well, so we'll be calling you. If nothing else, I made the contact and they will remember the company name.
    Elegant Knights Limo-Party Bus
    http://getonthebusandpartywithus.com/