Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridal Show Tips

Default Bridal Show Tips

Ok, so, next weekend is the largest bridal show in the area. I have a booth there and will be looking to drum up wedding business.

Of course we will be bringing the car to the show. It is at a hotel and they will let us park at the front door.

So, We have a nice brochure done up and will be giving a discount for any orders taken at the show (we will process credit cards right there).

We will get the names of all the attendees from the show organizers.

So, what do I need to bring to the booth?

Anyone have any bridal show tips?
    Jon Hook

Stars Luxury Limousine Services - North Bay, Ontario
    www.Book-A-Van.com
    www.NorthBayBlackCarService.ca
    www.WeddingLimousineNorthBay.ca

2000 White 120" stretch AHA
    2003 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2008 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Bring giveaways with your company info on it!
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

I hate to discourage. But don't plan on booking anything at the show. We stopped going to the bridal shows about a year ago, as did the other 2 local companies that use to attend them. We started to notice brides are there for the free stuff and to waste your time. The last show we did had a turnout of about 250 brides. My wife ran the table, who is very good with people and I showed 2 vehicles. No bookings, sent out all 250 e mails from referral list nothing! What a joke. It didn't use to be this way, times have changed and all they care about it who has the lowest price. Good luck.

This may not be so in your area.

1 piece of advice I will give is if you think you have enough brochures, get more....

Senior Member Limo Padawan Eclipse_Limo's Avatar

We have a chance to do a bridal show but its 650 for a sat and sun...and expect about 67-75 brides.. dont think its cost affective

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Good for branding and creating trust. Mike, do you keep track of the names of people that came to the show and cross reference to see if they eventually booked later (6 months-1year). We have not yet as we do not have enough office personnel, but I would be surprised that only 2 out of 250 booked with you eventually. They go somewhere.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Next weekend is my first show too, only did it because they offered my entry for free.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Good for branding and creating trust. Mike, do you keep track of the names of people that came to the show and cross reference to see if they eventually booked later (6 months-1year). We have not yet as we do not have enough office personnel, but I would be surprised that only 2 out of 250 booked with you eventually. They go somewhere.
    No we didn't keep track.

Unless you have a huge fleet bridal shows are a waste of time and money. Taking your limos out of service for 2 days and loosing the revenue you would have made plus the cost of the show is pointless. Up here in Minneapolis the big wedding show costs $1500 per limo plus the cost of the booth $1000 . I've seen 4 car companies bring 2 cars to the show. My guess is they lose $3000 in runs plus the $4000 cost for the show. You would need to book over $7000 in new business before you even broke even. What a joke!
    Jason R.

My Car is not otherwise occupied so I am not pulling it out of service. This is a market i want to hit pretty good. I am one of only 2 limo companies in our city of 50,000 people and I think I have the nicer vehicle.

I will have brochures, pics, all that stuff. We do have giveaway stuff that we already turned in to the organizers, they put a bag together.

I am not sure if we will book any work on the spot, in fact I will be surprised if we do. But that is not the whole point. I am offering a discount for anyone who wants to book right away so will see. We will be able to follow up after the fact as well.

People will still have seen my car and remember it.
    Jon Hook

www.Book-A-Van.com

2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Hook View Post
    Anyone have any bridal show tips?
    Yes, first ignore all the negatives posted on doing bridal shows. Concentrate on the positives such as using it as a tool to conduct face time with bridal industry influencers who can refer Brides in your direction long before the ride is a thought. Use this opportunity to establish raport with the prospective Brides and study up on wedding etiquette to bring forth professionalism which reaches beyond the mere act of transportation. In other words present yourself knowlegeable in all nuances of weddings to create a need for your services. The show costs are a business write-off so the fees are moot unless one is doing so shitty in the rest of their ventures they need no write-offs.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Yes, first ignore all the negatives posted on doing bridal shows. Concentrate on the positives such as using it as a tool to conduct face time with bridal industry influencers who can refer Brides in your direction long before the ride is a thought. Use this opportunity to establish raport with the prospective Brides and study up on wedding etiquette to bring forth professionalism which reaches beyond the mere act of transportation. In other words present yourself knowlegeable in all nuances of weddings to create a need for your services. The show costs are a business write-off so the fees are moot unless one is doing so shitty in the rest of their ventures they need no write-offs.

Thanks Gunny, that was kind of along the lines of what I was thinking too. I am always looking to learn what I can - especially when I jump in to a new venture (this is not my first, or second). I was thinking it could give me an idea of who is who in the wedding biz in my town. The show is put on by a significant local formal wear retailer and I would like to get to know them better. So, ya, I am looking forward to it. Was hoping I could get some feedback from successful people as to what really worked well that I might not have thought of.
    Jon Hook

www.Book-A-Van.com

2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

We do just about every wedding show there is in our area and we always have a good turn out we get at least 3 booking all the time.....we also do the Quincenera (sp) fairs and WOW! Those ones are GREAT our 1st one we booked 9 gigs!

We dont give away anything just my good looks....and the come rushing me...lol!

There fun and you meet alot of people face to face and the trust you a bit more.

Bring at least 2 people from the company to the show one to run the booth & one to stay by the car out side, have the car look exactly as it will for a wedding ( champage, ice , red carprt etc. ) we find that most enquiries are made at the car so have marketing materials , contracts etc. there as well. Instead of offering a cash discount why not try offering a free airport transfer by sedan for the honeymoon if they book a certan package..We also try and book any batchelor & batchelorette party limos at the on the basis of the more you book the more you save
    Last edited by DublinLimo; January 12th, 2010 at 04:32 PM.
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.

Thanks Gunny, just read them over.
    Jon Hook

www.Book-A-Van.com

2011 Mercedes Sprinter