Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: cheaplimorates.com

  1. #1

    Default cheaplimorates.com

    have any of you guys every heard of this site, I got an email from them asking for link exchanges.....
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thanks for the endorsement LIMOJESS. In actuality, CheapLimoRATES.com is a company that focuses on assisting limousine services with free marketing. We post a limousine services fleet and rates in real time. Our service cost our Limousine Service Partners nothing and since we don't price control, the operators post the pricing their particular market can bear. Unlike relationships with limousine brokers, we don't ask a limousine operator to lower their pricing so we can add a mark-up. We simply take a deposit for the percentage we charge and pass the balance on to the limousine operators to collect at the time of service. To make a blanket statement "Sounds Cheap" is somewhat disingenuous. Cheaptickets.com or Cheapflights.com utilize the word cheap in their name for the same reason we do and that is because it is a SEO friendly word. They don't put you in a cheap aircraft with a drunken pilot. I encourage you to check out our website and our blogs and you will see that our website is for the benefit of the limousine industry. We have a relationship with Cheapflights.com that allows us to provide real leads to our Limo Partners. With our company, if you don't provide service you don't pay. I just thought I would clear this up for you.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CheapLimoGuy View Post
    To make a blanket statement "Sounds Cheap" is somewhat disingenuous. Cheaptickets.com or Cheapflights.com utilize the word cheap in their name for the same reason we do and that is because it is a SEO friendly word.
    You can't argue with that logic at face value. It makes perfect sense from an SEO perspective.

    Howeve, we all know that limo company quality varies widely from company to company and there are many, many unregistered, underinsured limo companies out there, or companies with 10+ year old undermaintained vehicles, all of which are cheap. I am not convinced an average limousine shopper searching for the word "Cheap limo" understands that they probably are going to get exactly what they pay for - a poor experience.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member TBLIMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    466

    Cool cheap, Very cheap limo guy!

    Quote Originally Posted by CheapLimoGuy View Post
    Thanks for the endorsement LIMOJESS. In actuality, CheapLimoRATES.com is a company that focuses on assisting limousine services with free marketing. We post a limousine services fleet and rates in real time. Our service cost our Limousine Service Partners nothing and since we don't price control, the operators post the pricing their particular market can bear. Unlike relationships with limousine brokers, we don't ask a limousine operator to lower their pricing so we can add a mark-up. We simply take a deposit for the percentage we charge and pass the balance on to the limousine operators to collect at the time of service. To make a blanket statement "Sounds Cheap" is somewhat disingenuous. Cheaptickets.com or Cheapflights.com utilize the word cheap in their name for the same reason we do and that is because it is a SEO friendly word. They don't put you in a cheap aircraft with a drunken pilot. I encourage you to check out our website and our blogs and you will see that our website is for the benefit of the limousine industry. We have a relationship with Cheapflights.com that allows us to provide real leads to our Limo Partners. With our company, if you don't provide service you don't pay. I just thought I would clear this up for you.
    …and don’t forget, this is from the same guy who published a blog on LCT regarding the Cap N’ Trade claiming that “I have done some extensive research on this subject” getting his information from the Heritage Foundation who is being sponsored by companies like ExxonMobil. He is really cheap…
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxLimoGuy View Post
    You can't argue with that logic at face value. It makes perfect sense from an SEO perspective.

    Howeve, we all know that limo company quality varies widely from company to company and there are many, many unregistered, underinsured limo companies out there, or companies with 10+ year old undermaintained vehicles, all of which are cheap. I am not convinced an average limousine shopper searching for the word "Cheap limo" understands that they probably are going to get exactly what they pay for - a poor experience.
    I totally agree with Tony 100%. This is not the airline industry where the planes are regulated by the FAA with strict inspections all the time. Cheap in the limo industry normally means you get what you pay for.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

    Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    14

    Default

    It amazes me sometimes how people in this industry can be so narrowed minded. But as everyone knows, change is sometimes the hardest thing to accept. Our website was created in order to help this industry flourish. Most of the less than complimentary comments are made by individuals who have never visited our site, which I implore you to do if you would like to know more. The LCT article I wrote was based on over three dozen articles written by all sides of the issue including the Center for American Progress, articles in The Observer, the NBOE, The National Review, The Yale University Press and articles by the GGAS just to name a few. The point of the article was to warn the industry of the possible effects of this bill on the industry. I hope it opens some peoples eyes about the problem no matter which side of the issue you take.

    With regards to this thread, visit the website, see its purpose, read some of our blogs in order to understand our intent, which is to help limousine service providers market their unused inventory in real time. Just like hotels.com or Orbitz.com, our focus is committed to marketing unscheduled inventory. My job is to ensure that those who populate the site have the best opportunity possible to survive this economic tsunami and build a stronger business. Our suppliers are vetted and the 300 plus Limousine Service Partners that are registered users understand what we are trying to accomplish. If the ability to market your fleet in real time at no cost to you does not sound appealing, no problem.

    I thank you for your critical feedback though, and too appreciate the dialogue it elicits and hopefully such conversations will improve this industry and make everyone involved better prepared to deal with the challenges ahead.

  8. #8
    Senior Member LIMOJESS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    seattle, wa
    Posts
    1,521
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Cheaplimorates.com, all that from the two words I wrote, amazing. I wanted to say more but ended at two words . That was my reaction when I say the name Cheaplimorates.com. "It amazes me sometimes how people in this industry can be so narrowed minded" by coming here and calling us that you will definately earn a lot of business from us.

    Anyway, this thread was written a month ago and no one knew the website. So thanks for coming on board to share your company's philosophy with us.

    As limos.com as put it for many years in as follows; Most people wouldn't hire the cheapest surgeon, or stay at the cheapest hotel, yet,

    Anyway we welcome you to the forum, and hope you have some good insights for us. I wish nothing but success for cheaplimorates.com

    Just as a piece of advice, when you type in cheaplimorates in google, this forum is #6 on the search page. So more limo companies can research about your url here from now on.
    Last edited by LIMOJESS; February 12th, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    14

    Default

    LimoJess I apologize if you in any way thought I was referring to you in my "narrow minded" comment. I had thought I actually thanked you for your endorsement. If you read the thread, I was personally attacked by some, no names need to be mentioned, and that is what I consider "narrow minded". I take such personal attacks lightly. My point was that this industry is in flux and change is coming. Our booking engine for the industry is very much the same as the one provided by those who sponsor this forum and believe me, both organizations have the same intent in mind, to help this industry thrive. Our approach though is a bit different because we focus on unscheduled inventory (Cars that are parked in the garage all day) rather than marketable inventory.

    I really do apologize for any misunderstanding and in truth, narrow mindedness is an unfortunate bedfellow sometimes of change. I for one have only one goal in mind and that is to help any limousine service provider who needs it by any means I can. I write blogs about this industry, not to impose my personal beliefs on the industry, but instead to spur dialogue and to get this industry to wake up a little and realize we are truly under assault. If you pay attention to the rhetoric that is taking place in the media lately, the rich, corporations, private jets and limousines are being vilified daily. That cannot be good for any of us. I wish you well also LIMOJESS.

  10. #10

    Default

    About the vetting of your member companies, there seems to be a company advertising with you in Phoenix as a BBB member, NLA member, AZ Livery member, etc that is not listed with any of those organizations as a member and in fact has a F- rating with BBB

    As a precuation I am not going to name the company in case I missed something or made an error in my quick searches.

    Your site looks very nice. Pages on your site were taking up to 20-30 seconds to load on my PC's with both Explorer and Firefox. Did not experience that delay in other open tabs. Just an FYI.
    Last edited by TxLimoGuy; February 12th, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

  11. #11
    Senior Member Wade Randolph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA USA
    Posts
    2,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBLIMO View Post
    …and don’t forget, this is from the same guy who published a blog on LCT regarding the Cap N’ Trade claiming that “I have done some extensive research on this subject” getting his information from the Heritage Foundation who is being sponsored by companies like ExxonMobil. He is really cheap…
    And don't forget who profits off the cap n trade hoax!

  12. #12
    Senior Member LIMOJESS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    seattle, wa
    Posts
    1,521
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    NO WORRIES

    Funny and Strange ad.


  13. #13
    Senior Member TBLIMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Strange! I guess that's the one for $35/hour when in the garage?
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

  14. #14

    Default

    From what I am told by the Houston limo association both Houston companies currently on the site are also unlicensed gypsies.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    With the number of companies on there falsely advertising various association memberships and have unlicensed and vehicles that are not properly insured, when the time comes that some bad happens, couldn't this website become part liable for listing these companies? I would think even more so with us pointing some of these guys out.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •