Thread: Shipping a 28' Bus Across the Country

Default Shipping a 28' Bus Across the Country

I am looking at a Krystal KK28 located in Vegas, need to get it to NC. I really would prefer to have it shipped as opposed to hiring somebody to drive it or drive it myself. Does anyone have recommendations on companies to speak with on this?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTieLTS View Post
    I am looking at a Krystal KK28 located in Vegas, need to get it to NC. I really would prefer to have it shipped as opposed to hiring somebody to drive it or drive it myself. Does anyone have recommendations on companies to speak with on this?
    you would probably need a towing company. i had a 30' bus towed from chicago and it cost me $1100 for only 278 miles. whatever you find is going to be very expensive. a regular tow truck cant even pull the bigger buses.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTieLTS View Post
    Contact Wagoneers Trucking.. They were a customer of mine back when I first started driving limos.. They got stranded here in Biloxi after 9/11 so we took them back to Tampa, FL. They (at that time) specialized in vehicle transport.. They may be able to help you. I've seen their trucks all over the country.. No matter your choice it's going to cost a pretty penny. Your best bet may be to fly a driver or yourself out and pick it up yourself.

Good luck!
    John Doggett
    Chauffeur

The limo-bus shipping companies are horrible. Every single one of them has lied to me about the set delivery date. Twice I had to send chauffeurs across the country to get the vehicles because the trucking company was waiting for another vehicle or did not want to dead head. Believe me you are much better off sending someone to get the vehicle.

Smile Send A Driver

I have had cars lost in Houston at the rail yards, lost in transit and just plain lost-one time a vehicle was five weeks late. Just send someone to go get the vehicle-it is the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    The limo-bus shipping companies are horrible. Every single one of them has lied to me about the set delivery date. Twice I had to send chauffeurs across the country to get the vehicles because the trucking company was waiting for another vehicle or did not want to dead head. Believe me you are much better off sending someone to get the vehicle.
    Dean Schuler

Default I'd do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Believe me you are much better off sending someone to get the vehicle.
    I'd be happy to do it.. I have family in Vegas.. LOL
    John Doggett
    Chauffeur

Default Drive it

We have bought cars buses in California,Nevada always drove them back to Niagara Ontario Canada the cost for shipping is about 5x the cost of getting it yourself even if you pay yourself hourly , they will not garantee the delivery date could take several weeks via truck you could of had it on the road and making money for a week if you drive it back as compared to shipping it

I suggest you send someone to get it and avoid the headaches!

I had the same question about shipping. I am planning on flying to the West coast from the Chicago area to inspect a few vehicles. I am opposed to the idea of buying after only looking at pictures. I wasn't sure if I would fly out, inspect, negotiate, purchase, arrange seperate transport for the vehicle and fly back or drive back. I'll take my wife along and make a mini-vacation of it.
    Who dares wins.

Blog Entries

Go get it yourself. In this business you can always use a small vacation.

forget shipping it send someone to drive it back, need a driver to do so i be happy to do it
    Jeff Ball / Fleet Manager
    Finger Lakes Limousine & Coach
    Waterloo,NY

how much do shipping companies charge to ship a bus ballpark? i sold my bus to someone out of the country and they want me to give them a price on delivering the bus to a port on the east coast 600 miles away. i want to charge somewhere in between my expenses and what shipping companies might charge. i figure they are more likely to use me if im cheaper than shipping companies since they are out of the country and don't have many options.

You're LQQKING at $2350.00 Ouch! just drive it yourself.......we all need a little vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    You're LQQKING at $2350.00 Ouch! just drive it yourself.......we all need a little vacation.
    actually im going to send one of my drivers with it and charge the guy who's buying it, i just wanted to make sure i'm cheaper than what it would cost him to get a company to do it. thanks for the info.

I ended up hiring somebody to drive it as at that time I didn't have my CDL, nor the time to be gone for a few days. It was the 7.3L Ford turbo diesel with 47000 miles on it so it should be reliable right? Well turns out the thing had been sitting in a parking lot in vegas for 1.5 years and everything from tires to air bags to wiring had dry rotted. Ford had done an "inspection" and gave it a clean bill of health. Something ended up going wrong just about every state between NV and NC and the 30 hr trip ended up taking 9 days. If you don't feel like driving a vehicle yourself and want to hire a person to do it I highly recommend the guy I used, his name is Chris 760-596-9239 after all the BS he had to go through he didn't even want extra pay but of course I insisted on paying him some extra. He has his own insurance and tags.