Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new limousine company in central NC area, says hi to all.

Junior Member Limo Padawan Classic Elegance Limo's Avatar

Default A new limousine company in central NC area, says hi to all.

Hello everyone, I am a new start up company in the Greensboro, NC area. I started with a limited budget and alot of ambition, I am registered with the state and county, have the 1.5mil livery insurance and "for hire" tags. My cars are a Cadillac Fleetwood, 84" double cut Dabryan with a raised roof, and a Cadillac DTS for airport work,
    I would like to meet and work with any other limousine companies in the area for farm out work. Can anyone give me ANY advise on getting my new company up and running ? My web site is being built now and my small yellow page comes out this month. I have looked at most of you guys websites and your beautiful cars. With hard work, attention to details and Gods blessing I will get there as well. thanks to everyone and look forward to chatting with you. Ron, Classic Elegance Limousine Service

Senior Member Limo Padawan Eclipse_Limo's Avatar

hello.... Good Luck... we are "newbies" too.. but so , we have doubled our fleet in our first year...With hard work, first class service, I have no doubt you will get there... The guys on this forum are great about offering advise and helping out.. they know what their doing

Hey Guys, thanks for the words of encouragement, I really appereicate it. I will always be open to ANY advise I get from anyone on this site. again, thanks. stay in touch Eclipse.

Is the Fleetwood 84" double cut a classic type limo? What year is it? Please post a photo on here if you can. Good luck with the new business.
    Joseph Busenhart
    Thoroughbred Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    (859)273-3690

www.thoroughbredlimo.com

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Hello Classic, welcome to the forum and welcome to the Limousine Biz. We wish you much success. If ya have any questions just ask there are alot of well respected owner/operators on here. Ask away...

the year model is a 1991, Fleetwood brougham, 84" stretch, the car was orginally owned by the Pillsbury family of the Pillsbury cookie and flour company, I know everyone says to have a limousine that is no older than 5 or 6 yrs old, but with the money I had to work with, this was the nicest one I found, bought it in calf. from a car collector. will try and post some pics. Do I do that under albums ? thanks for all and any help. Ron

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Elegance Limo View Post
    the year model is a 1991, Fleetwood brougham, 84" stretch, the car was orginally owned by the Pillsbury family of the Pillsbury cookie and flour company, I know everyone says to have a limousine that is no older than 5 or 6 yrs old, but with the money I had to work with, this was the nicest one I found, bought it in calf. from a car collector. will try and post some pics. Do I do that under albums ? thanks for all and any help. Ron
    You can do that in a post too...just click on "Post Reply" on bottom left, then scroll down below all the smiley faces and click "Manage Attachments". Another window pops up and there should be blanks with "Browse" next to them. After you select your file click on "Upload" (you'll have to expand the window to see it - far right side". Then click "close window" and type your post above the smiley faces and click on "submit reply".

Welcome.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

What year limo you run depends on your market and the type of work you want to do. If the car is well kept, you could do well with it for certain types of jobs. Thats why I asked to see the pictures. That would give me an idea of what it would be good for and where you should focus.
    Joseph Busenhart
    Thoroughbred Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    (859)273-3690

www.thoroughbredlimo.com

here are the pics of my limousine,
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok, I see what you saying now, just posted the pics, I hope I did it right, but yes it is in excellent shape, inside and out, everything is in working order.

Senior Member Limo Padawan Eclipse_Limo's Avatar

nice looking...

Thanks Eclipse, I am proud of it

ok, I see what you saying now, just posted the pics, I hope I did it right, but yes it is in excellent shape, inside and out, everything is in working order.
    The limo is nice. I would say its best use would be personal airport, anniversaries, dinner packages, older folks, etc.. That does'nt mean you should turn anything away. Book any occassion you can, but let them know its a two tone maroon and silver older body style limousine. A corporate guy expecting a late model black car would not be happy with it. Weddings would be good if it was 20-30 years older or 10-15 years newer and a different color. Price yourself reasonably for the car your operating and you probably will get some weddings regaurdless. Good luck.
    Joseph Busenhart
    Thoroughbred Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    (859)273-3690

www.thoroughbredlimo.com

Thank you Mr. Busenhart, I try very hard to keep it spotless at all times, I know the wedding mkt usually wants white 10 to 12 pas. limos, and the prom crowd likes the suv exotic or super stretch limos, and the bus. exc. wants a newer black sedan, so I will work the anniversary mkt. dinner pkg. maybe wine tour, getting alot of airport runs with already, thank you for your help and I will try and look into those mkts. even deeper. again thanks and it is a pleasure being here, I feel like I am going learn more here talking with you guys than I can anyone else. thank you, Ron

Default Welcome!

Welcome Ron! I am just down the road from you, so if you ever need anything, give me a call. I will be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Always remember:
    #1 - Safety
    #2 - Customer service
    #3 - Safety
    #4 - Be on time
    #5 - Safety
    #6 - Confidentiality
    #7 - Safety
    #8 - Appearance
    #9 - Safety
    #10 - Driving etiquette
    #11 - Safety
    Last edited by PTLimoNC; November 25th, 2009 at 07:11 PM.
    Jerry Thomas