Thread: lincoln recall on fires

Does anyone know on the cause of fires in Lincolns as I had one go up in smoke last week a day after a recall was issued but did not hear anything on the cause Called Lincoln and there only response was were is the car .And would not give me any specifaces on the recall . airtranslimo@comcast.net

Had a 120" catch fire several years ago while the limo was still under Lincoln warranty. They sent out an investigator to inspect the vehicle and provide reports to Lincoln. It was impossible to get info from Lincoln until the engineer/inspector completed his work. I finally was able to get some verbal info (never anything in writing). Fire was determined to have been caused by a faulty 30 amp fuse that was installed by the coach builder as part of the neon light circuit. Lincoln refused to give me any info in writing to use against the coach builder to help establish a claim. Was forced to go against my insuance to cover the the loss and repair the limousines. (Of course I had to eat the $1000 deductible).

P.S. to my previous post. The limousine that caught fire was a QVM vehicle. Lincoln did nothing to support my claim against their own QVM coach builder.

I know Dennis from Airtrans and the vehicle that he is talking about is a sedan and not a stretch. I believe that there was a story on the national news that stated that ford is looking into some car fires that have been occuring in cabs. Does anyone know anything because it seems that Ford is stone walling the issue. More reason for all of us to get a CADDY.