Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adwords - Getting too many advertisers

Blog Entries

We were REALLY busy up until about 10 days ago (beginning of the month). My wife says I'm freaking and tells me to shut up. She says that I "do this every year" around this time and I don't stop whining until March when things pick back up. Historically we're slow the first 2 weeks in November then it will pick back up again until the end of the year. January & February...well forget it. I would like to just take everything off the road and go on a 2 month vacation, LOL.

I did store some nuts for the winter but I dont like it slow as I am sure none of us do. This is the time when we all need to focus on tweaking our marketing so this is a good thread to get people thinking and reevaluating their marketing techniques.

Smile PMS for limo operator

Jim – that was a classic limo operator PMSing, the good thing is that you do it only once a year…
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

Jim I go through the same thing also except our slow-busy times are swapped. We are start getting busy in the fall and it ends in the summer.

Senior Member Limo Padawan vipentertainment's Avatar

Jim
    i have considered taking them off the road for 2 months , if the slow time was october and november i would close up and go hunting for 60 days to kill some critters...lol
    Chad Ingwersen
    VIP Transportation
    www.viptransportation1.com

Blog Entries

I just paused my Adwords for a bit, we'll see if the organic searches will do anything by themselves.

Senior Member Limo Padawan vipentertainment's Avatar

J Scott, isent you a message, when you get time could you check that out? thanks is advance
    Chad Ingwersen
    VIP Transportation
    www.viptransportation1.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I just paused my Adwords for a bit, we'll see if the organic searches will do anything by themselves.
    i would spend the $ you spend on adwords getting some good content written for niche pages to get more spots on google. such as a specific bachelor party page to get people searching for "dayton bachelor parties" etc. theres plenty of search terms to go for.

Senior Member Limo Padawan MrGoldwing's Avatar

I know a lot of operators that take the tags off for winter but the way I look at slow times - I just take a well deserved vacation - FINALLY !!! It will pickup in december.

BTW - google is changing their search index programming. Its called Google Caffeine. Read more about that. You may see some differences very soon. They just finished testing beta.

I am really interested in finding out some more information on all of this. There are companies in my market that constantly come up in the top 3. What is it going to cost me to get up in top ranks? I am specializing in Napa Tours and currently budgeting an average of $50 a day on adwords. Does it need to be in the $100+ range a day to be effective or am i just doing something wrong?

Blog Entries

It's all in the keywords. If many people are bidding on the same keyword it will cost you more. Play with your keywords to find something that hits that the competitors aren't using as much.

Blog Entries

I started out in the upper $2.00 range but now it's dropped below a buck.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

When we first started out we were at $1.75 per click with a $500. a month budget. We focused on generic ranking for the keywords we wanted and now we only pay about $80 a month.