Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adwords - Getting too many advertisers

Blog Entries

Default Adwords - Getting too many advertisers

Awhile back there were only a few companies advertising in my area on Adwords but here lately, it's so packed that my "used-to-be" first position has pretty much dropped to barely showing. I have tried different campaigns, keywords and even bumped my budget to the moon but I'm still rarely seeing my ads show. Of course my competition claims that I'm still all over the place but after checking numerous times on 3 different computers I'm just not buying it anymore. The big-boys (one being Limos.com) are hogging the front page now.

The phone rings about 1/4th of what it used to.

One local competitor is being CRAZY, he has ONE car and has hired "L and B" or "LMB" to do his Adwords, he's paying around 450 per month but every time he shows, I don't. Is there an Adword trick that they are doing to make my ads drop whenever his show? I know he's doing this just to prove something (his money now kills my top rating).

This is getting quite discouraging and is really starting to get under my skin.

If anyone has any ideas or feels like searching around, feel free to contact me and inform me of what I can do to get back on top. For about 2 years I was always #1 - #3 on Adwords. I do my own campaigns and for a long time was doing great with it. Now I'm stumped.

one of the tricks is to make your ad more appealing to click, google ranks ads with a higher click thru ratio higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Awhile back there were only a few companies advertising in my area on Adwords but here lately, it's so packed that my "used-to-be" first position has pretty much dropped to barely showing. I have tried different campaigns, keywords and even bumped my budget to the moon but I'm still rarely seeing my ads show. Of course my competition claims that I'm still all over the place but after checking numerous times on 3 different computers I'm just not buying it anymore. The big-boys (one being Limos.com) are hogging the front page now.

The phone rings about 1/4th of what it used to.

One local competitor is being CRAZY, he has ONE car and has hired "L and B" or "LMB" to do his Adwords, he's paying around 450 per month but every time he shows, I don't. Is there an Adword trick that they are doing to make my ads drop whenever his show? I know he's doing this just to prove something (his money now kills my top rating).

This is getting quite discouraging and is really starting to get under my skin.

If anyone has any ideas or feels like searching around, feel free to contact me and inform me of what I can do to get back on top. For about 2 years I was always #1 - #3 on Adwords. I do my own campaigns and for a long time was doing great with it. Now I'm stumped.

its the cost per click, or you website has a poor quality score....I have another secret I'll give you in a different arena.

i just noticed something but cant post it here, give me a call on the # on my site or email me and i can tell you about it.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, I will be calling tomorrow. My page has always ranked well, I even did a few changes about a month ago that helped it even more... but then my competitor started paying a service to control his Adwords and mine just sank to the bottom. I need some tricks to get back on the first page and get there as often as I used to be.

Only approx 10% of people even click on sponsored ads. I doubt this is causing your big lack of dropped calls. In fact without knowing your business inside and out, you could probably do a quick test and not do adwords at all based on your #2 for dayton limo and #4 for dayton limo service , dayton party bus your #1 and dayton limo bus your #2.

Now dayton isnt that big of a city but I"m gonna guess thats where all your market is. So if 90% use organic search and 10% click on sponsored ads, where should you concentrate? Even with a little do it yourself work concentrating on that you could probably improve those rankings and not have to use adwords at all and save that money for other advertising.

Good discussion about how many people click on ads here - http://www.webmasterworld.com/ppc/3430305.htm
    Last edited by First Class Limos; November 10th, 2009 at 12:57 AM.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Blog Entries

Digger, call me too if you get some time today. I got a couple suggestions that might help, a lot.

Email me at totwltd@aol.com I will help you will this and give you some other ideas

Craig

Why cant we post it here. Most of us are not in the same service areas. Ohio, Texas, Tennesse.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    Why cant we post it here. Most of us are not in the same service areas. Ohio, Texas, Tennesse.
    Doesn't mean our competitors don't read our posts though.

Blog Entries

Charles that is a no brainer. I mean come on, don't you think our competitors read these boards? Just because they don't post does not mean they don't read!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    Only approx 10% of people even click on sponsored ads. I doubt this is causing your big lack of dropped calls. In fact without knowing your business inside and out, you could probably do a quick test and not do adwords at all based on your #2 for dayton limo and #4 for dayton limo service , dayton party bus your #1 and dayton limo bus your #2.

Now dayton isnt that big of a city but I"m gonna guess thats where all your market is. So if 90% use organic search and 10% click on sponsored ads, where should you concentrate? Even with a little do it yourself work concentrating on that you could probably improve those rankings and not have to use adwords at all and save that money for other advertising.

Good discussion about how many people click on ads here - http://www.webmasterworld.com/ppc/3430305.htm
    I agree with this post. Focus on your organic results and improve your target keyword SEO.

Good points mr. Roman and jim.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

This is true, I wouldn't expect any of you to blast your secrets on this post, I know that I wouldn't.

Yes, with my organic ranking I am on the top. I made a few changes a few weeks ago that bumped me right up there... at least until the competition catches on to what I did.

I could be worried about nothing, it could be just the economy having an effect on it all.

Blog Entries

Mr. Scott.. I saw what you did... thanky ! ! !