Thread: 1 of my neons tubes are sticking out

Default 1 of my neons tubes are sticking out

2000 Lincoln 100"

I'm trying to figure out a solution to keep the neon tube in its place.

It is sticking out in 2 different places - I would like to get this fixed asap before a few weekend runs.

On a side note, my neons also stopped changing color.

Please advise.

Blog Entries

Neon tubes or the neon light strip? Are you talking about in the header (ceiling)? Just get some clips at the dollar store and clip them back in place or use a zip tie. As far as them not changing colors check this out may do the trick

http://www.mtgparts.com/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=FOMEF

Senior Member Limo Padawan MrGoldwing's Avatar

He is probably talking about the tube that hold the fiberoptics in place. Its a plastic wrap around the fiber.

Use Glue or Staple gun. Probably glue/epoxy would be your best option.

Referring to the glass/plastic tube that carrys the neon light that's runs the length of the bulkhead above the bar.

Glue is going to leave a dark noticible shadow behind that section of the tube.

Staples would look horrible

any other suggestions

Blog Entries

Are these actual neon tubes or fiber-optics? When you say that the stopped changing color it tells me that it isn't neon tubes, it must be fiber-optic cable.

If fiber-optic you need to look at the light box in the front divider wall, most likely the motor that spins the color wheel has stopped for some reason.

As for the clips that hold the fiber-optic cable in place, http://www.MTGParts.com has those in stock.

Yes. I guess they are called fiber-optic lights.

I searched the website for the clips.

Please let me know an item number - I called the toll free number and got a voicemail.

Or a link to the page that shows the clips.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCVALIMO View Post
    Yes. I guess they are called fiber-optic lights.

I searched the website for the clips.

Please let me know an item number - I called the toll free number and got a voicemail.

Or a link to the page that shows the clips.

Thanks
    30 seconds and I found it. Go to mtgparts.com, lighting, fiber optics, then select the appropriate size track that you need. Simple.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    As far as them not changing colors check this out may do the trick

http://www.mtgparts.com/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=FOMEF
    I just ordered one of those motors this morning. The halogen light comes on, the fuse is still intact, the wires are all clean, and I can hear a clicking sound when I press the "Color" button on the overhead panel. The vehicle is a 2005 72" Krystal Koach that I just picked up last month. The wheel motor has never worked and I think I have eliminated all the other possibilities.

I am also looking at getting a quieter fan to replace the stock unit on the fiber optic light box. Newegg.com sells a wide selection of computer fans. It's either a 90mm or the more common 92mm size fan. Need to see if voltage is the same. Then it's a matter of looking for the right combination of low decible and high CFM (cubic feet per minute).
    Who dares wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
    I just ordered one of those motors this morning. The halogen light comes on, the fuse is still intact, the wires are all clean, and I can hear a clicking sound when I press the "Color" button on the overhead panel. The vehicle is a 2005 72" Krystal Koach that I just picked up last month. The wheel motor has never worked and I think I have eliminated all the other possibilities.

I am also looking at getting a quieter fan to replace the stock unit on the fiber optic light box. Newegg.com sells a wide selection of computer fans. It's either a 90mm or the more common 92mm size fan. Need to see if voltage is the same. Then it's a matter of looking for the right combination of low decible and high CFM (cubic feet per minute).
    Why not just replace it with an LED model?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

LED is the way to go, my cars have all been changed.

Where do you get the plastic pieces that the neon ropes fit into to stick on the bottom of the seats? I looked at MTG, but didn't see them. I hope that's a good enough description. People put their feet on them all the time and knock them down. Then I staple them up again and they get kicked down. I either need to replace the plastic "sleeves" or fabricate something else to hold them.

Any ideas?
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Blog Entries

Geoff, I'm thinking you are talking about the sleeve that the fiber is inside, right? It's just a tube with a flat section sticking out of it so you can staple it to the bottom of a seat. MTG does offer this but only with new fiber line, not by itself. Here is a HERE IS A LINK TO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Geoff, I'm thinking you are talking about the sleeve that the fiber is inside, right? It's just a tube with a flat section sticking out of it so you can staple it to the bottom of a seat. MTG does offer this but only with new fiber line, not by itself. Here is a HERE IS A LINK TO IT.
    Digger, they do sell just the sleeve/track. It is called Fiber Optic Tracking. Here is the link to the 5.8mm tracking. http://www.mtgparts.com/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=FOMEF
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Thanks guys. I think Digger is talking about the right stuff. It's a clear plastic strip with a folding sleeve that you tuck the neon rope into.

Tim, the optic tracking might work, but it's for the bottom of the seats, so I'm not sure how you would install it.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    LED is the way to go, my cars have all been changed.
    Please, tell me more. I'm replacing just the motor because it's a $29 part. What is the cost to upgrade to LED? I realize it has the advantages of running cooler, not needing a fan and less electrical draw, but I wasn't aware of the ease of swapping out units. I have just a single port halogen. What does it take to convert to LED?
    Who dares wins.