Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fragrance

Default Fragrance

i am trying to find a longer lasting air fragrance for my Limousines. The ones I use don't seem to last very long and I was wondering if anybody had one that they thought smelled really good and would last also. Thanks

We just the waffers buy them by the canister about 250 and we change them out on every gig....seems to work for us!

Ozium
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

We just clean the cars thoroughly, no added fragrances.

You would be surprised how many people dislike artificial fragrances as much as they do the odor of cigarette smoke.

Blog Entries

We also use neutra air and a professional detailers air sanitizer (don't remember the name but this stuff works great - I Will look tomorrow).

I don't see how you can not have some sort of fragrance or neutralizer...even with the ozone machine...they suck all the bacteria out and leave the inside almost smelling like chlorine. Have to have some sort of fragrance....especially when we have afternoon wine tours followed by a night out 3 hours later after car comes back in. Car smells like wine and booze then has to get cleaned up, refreshed and go back out. A cleaning just does not get that lingering wine smell out of the air.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Salicete View Post
    We just clean the cars thoroughly, no added fragrances.

You would be surprised how many people dislike artificial fragrances as much as they do the odor of cigarette smoke.
    Sal, you're a lucky man. But most vehicles get a certain smell to them after having so much alcohol(not to mention puke, oops I did) spilled in them. It doesn't matter how many times you steam clean the carpets and detail everything you can. But stick to your method as long as it works and has it's own pleasant smell.

Otherwise, I'm with Charles and recommend Ozium(the big 14.5 oz ones). I've had many clients get in my limo after a rush clean up job and comment on how it still smells new. I'd say about 95% love it and 5% hate it(if sprayed immediately before entering). I bought a case of them on ebay for about $120. I use them at home just as much.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Sal, you're a lucky man. But most vehicles get a certain smell to them after having so much alcohol(not to mention puke, oops I did) spilled in them. It doesn't matter how many times you steam clean the carpets and detail everything you can. But stick to your method as long as it works and has it's own pleasant smell.

Otherwise, I'm with Charles and recommend Ozium(the big 14.5 oz ones). I've had many clients get in my limo after a rush clean up job and comment on how it still smells new. I'd say about 95% love it and 5% hate it(if sprayed immediately before entering). I bought a case of them on ebay for about $120. I use them at home just as much.

I was talking about routine clean-ups, puke, odiferous spills etc call for stronger measures, and most cleaners have deodorizers in them. As for puke, we use oversized runners and just toss them of they get saturated with vomit.

With a $250 per-puke fee and only $125 to replace the runner, it is not a huge problem. Anyway, knock wood, it almost never happens, and if it does, they use the barf bags provided.

I find that a complete cleaning, followed by either an ozone treatment or proper ventilation works well, no added cover-up aromas needed. Frankly, airing out the cars seems to work best. A $25 pole fan forcing clean air through the car for a bit takes care of most lingering odors.

Be extremely aware of using artificial fragrants. There is a population that is allergic to some of the chemicals. This includes candles, aerosol sprays, etc.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

I have a customer who has servere asthma and when ever he needs a ride no fragrance of anything. Cologne or air freshner. He has never said anything so far so its working out good.

I usually keep a new car scent ai freshner in the vehicle and switch everytime we wash.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Senior Member Limo Padawan Eclipse_Limo's Avatar

I have to be very careful of the air freshner becouse of my asthma, you never know what can or will set someone off....

We use Ozium as well.
    Highest customer retention rate in the industry!

<--------------------------------------------

We don't use scented air fresheners....smells cheap to me.

Thanks for all the ideas. We actually own a Bar also and use the time release mists in a can. You can also spry them. I guess I never thought of using them. I have never used any in our SUV. It still seems to have that "new leather" smell to it. But the Lincoln Car seems to need freshened up. I thought there might be something out there that lasted a really long time that everybody was using. Thanks

Senior Member Limo Padawan MrGoldwing's Avatar

Dont you wish that they would come out with a smell of a new limo / leather/ vinyl smell. I love the smell of every new limo when it first arrives here. Yes, I know there is a scent of a New Car Smell - but no - that is not what Im talking about.