Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard of Yext?

Hmm, that way I found out about Yext. Not a possitive way I guess.

Stretch Limousine, Inc Blog

Default I've Been Yext'd

Same canned line as reported here. Strange the caller ID showed a local area code. I told the solicitor I have heard of Yext & in fact it is a featured thread on LDC as with her canned sales pitch.
    Last edited by gunny; November 13th, 2009 at 12:57 PM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Same canned line as reported here. Strange the caller ID showed a local area code. I told the solicitor I have heard of Yext & in fact it is a featured thread on LDC as with her canned sales pitch.
    Too funny. Once the word spreads, the cheesy sales pitch doesn't work. It's just like those SEO aholes that call everyday promising to get you to the top of google(or "the google"). I had one call me yesterday.

Me: Limo Kings

Pond scum: May I speak to the owner?

Me: Maybe(while giggling).

PS: Why?

Me: As long as you're not one of those guys bugging us about getting us to the top of Google.

PS:He laughed and said yeah, ok and hung up.

Not a bad guy actually, most would have made me hang up on them.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Too funny. Once the word spreads, the cheesy sales pitch doesn't work. It's just like those SEO aholes that call everyday promising to get you to the top of google(or "the google"). I had one call me yesterday.

Me: Limo Kings

Pond scum: May I speak to the owner?

Me: Maybe(while giggling).

PS: Why?

Me: As long as you're not one of those guys bugging us about getting us to the top of Google.

PS:He laughed and said yeah, ok and hung up.

Not a bad guy actually, most would have made me hang up on them.

LOL very true!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    I think the worst that I have seen is Decidio. They give you breif information on the lead to see if your interested in purchasing it. They usually say something like "joe and sally's wedding on June 10, 210. Number of guests 200 transportation budget $200.00."
    That sounds like eventective. I get these leads for Hummer Limo for 8 hours for $200.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

I guess Bobby from Yext has nothing eles to add in regards to our issues with his sales people. For now it seems he is a one post wonder...lol
    Daytona Limos
    Daytona Beach Limo Service
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Need limo service outside of Daytona Beach?
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines

Default Just got this in my e-mail today

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFromYext View Post
    Gentlemen,

Good morning, my name is Bobby Narang. I'm Manager of Industry Relations here at Yext. I stumbled upon this forum earlier today, and saw there's a pretty voracious discussion of our service here at Yext.

So far from what I can tell, there's a concern that Yext is a scam, that our salespeople's tactics are dishonest, and that Yext is "just another lead generation system."

We appreciate this type of discussion. I'd like to explain a little bit of our back story to help you understand our business methods.

At Yext we set out to solve a major local advertising problem and we believe we've found the solution, but itís not perfect yet. We know that all businesses really want are high-quality phones calls. That is the life blood of new business and our goal is to drive you as many quality calls as possible. Our pay-per-action system gets better and better every time a call is processed. It's self taught. Thus, you only pay when you receive a quality, relevant phone call about booking a run with your business.

Without any sign-up fees or contracts, we HAVE to show our clients a great ROI. We are always aligned with you, our client, because at the end of the day, if you don't make money through our service, we lose your business. Jim, I see we've converted about 25% in terms of acceptable leads to this point. We obviously MUST do better than that, and WILL do better than that.

I can assure you we have no interest in scamming anyone. We just raised $25 million in venture capital from the folks who funded Twitter, scamming people out of $40 does nothing for us. Take a look at this article: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/01...runch50-debut/

In regards to our salespeople's tactics, I can understand your agitation. However, we only contact businesses when we've seen searches specific to your area. Considering the fact that it's free to be listed, and you only pay when someone in your area finds you and calls you, we never reach out to businesses where we do not have customers actively searching. It does us no good to do so. If our enthusiasm and aggressiveness has rubbed a few of you the wrong way, I apologize. I can assure you though, it was all carried out in an honest fashion.

Anyways, I appreciate your patience with us over here. Please feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call if you have any questions or comments. My contact information is below.

Sincerely,

Bobby Narang
    Manager, Industry Relations
    Yext, Inc.
    212-461-4385
    bobby@yext.com

Iím looking for a reliable limo service to refer some of our clients to.

Give me a call to discuss if youíre a good fit - 917-210-6710.

Anthony Riva

917-210-6710

YextCarService.com

SERIOUSLY - If this isn't DECEPTIVE, I don't know what is!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Blog Entries

Now I'm getting these calls, the guy claimed that he has people in my area looking for service and he wants to help me land these accounts.

A buddy just told me they called him yesterday, tried to push him into getting his CC number so they can start sending him business right now. They said he WILL get 3 out of every 5 runs at least.

What a joke.

Oh yea, another little thing they did was call me using a local area code, not sure how they pulled that one off.
    Last edited by Digger; November 18th, 2009 at 01:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Received today as well:

I'm looking for a reliable limo service to refer some of our clients to.

Give me a call to discuss if you're a good fit - 917-210-6710.

Anthony Riva

917-210-6710

YextCarService.com <http://www.yext.com/carservice>

<http://www.yext.com/carservice>

Have to give it to them though, at least they are persistent!

Been avoiding reading this thread for weeks but finally took 10 minutes to watch the TechCrunch50 pitch video by their CEO. I find the technology intriguing.

Out of respect to LDC I am not going to lay out my thoughts on the merits of one versus the other on this forum.

But I do think based on their technology that Yext should not just be discarded out of hand as a possible lead source just because they are being agressive in trying to get limo (or other companies) signed up.

Gonna give them a try for 6 weeks.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TxLimoGuy View Post
    Been avoiding reading this thread for weeks but finally took 10 minutes to watch the TechCrunch50 pitch video by their CEO. I find the technology intriguing.

Out of respect to LDC I am not going to lay out my thoughts on the merits of one versus the other on this forum.

But I do think based on their technology that Yext should not just be discarded out of hand as a possible lead source just because they are being agressive in trying to get limo (or other companies) signed up.

Normally I'd fall on your side of the fence on this one, but the deceptive tactics left a bad flavor in my mouth. Agressive is one thing, but they definately went beyond that.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TxLimoGuy View Post

I did a search for all my local limo terms, and went up to page 5 and did not see yext anywhere. Where are these customers finding them???

They are listed under the pay per click sponsored section, which you could probably do yourself, for cheaper, as they're ovbiously in business to make money: thus charging you more than they're spending on ppc ads.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Blog Entries

Guys, THEY ARE NOT JUST USING SPONSORED SEARCH RESULTS!!! This company has connections with every major phone company, they listed our site within DAYS with unique NUMBERS on alot of the websites. If you have not given them the benefit of doubt and tried the service, how can you say it's a bad source of leads? I'm still testing. Their marketing is no different than alot of agressive marketing styles. I do not think it is deceptive at all- just clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    another little thing they did was call me using a local area code, not sure how they pulled that one off.
    Seen a few people comment on this. Considering they are able to provide people with a custom phone number local to their area, they probably have a contract with some type of phone or VoIP service, and will be able to select a local # to use for the "from #"

(they could still be spoofing it, but doubt it in this case).

-Greg